rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saint in Florida
PR
Saint in Florida (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:08
Do Saints need to master this PR topic?

We seem to hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons (I won't remind you of them so as not to perpetuate the myths), and yet when I look at how much positive headlines others achieve can't help but think we need to address it.

Mark H
Re: PR
Mark H (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:17
It may also be that some members of the press have their own agenda to slate Saints at every opportunity (don't you Mr Jackson?)

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:34
covered in this weeks match preview...

Joe Davison
19 May, 2009 11:35
Let people think what they like.

I think the only thing we need care about regarding any sort of PR is potential future player's opinions and if they believe everything theylisten/read in the media rather than actually look at the fantastic set up we have then they're not the sort of players I want at our club.

Is there a club's model that you believe we should follow? As the most PR'd up club are, for me, the most annoying and have gone way over the top with this strategy. I can only think that this OTT PR is a cover up.

MESSAGES->author
ChrisG (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:40
I think most of its paranoia on our part, just look round the other sites (especially Bath at the moment) eveyone feels the same.

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 12:21
I couldn't agree with you more Mark H. Peter Jackson is probably the worst rugby journo out there. He has such strong favourites that it totally limits his ability to report on things from a neutral perspective. His Wasps bias and his love in with Jason Robinson used to really annoy me.... but then again, how much in the Daily Hate is unbiased to start with?!!

On Have I Got News For You a few weeks back, they joked that it was the first time ever that the Daily Hate ran headlines complaining that immigrants were not being allowed into the country, when the Gurkhas were refussed entry into Britain!

Clarkey
Clarkey (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 14:26
I with Chris on this. Infamy, infamy... they've all got it in for me.

Frankly be happier with the Euan sit that the one Bath have been dealing with.

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 14:54
I have only read two reports on the Euan affair - in the Gaurdian and the Indy - both either directly or by implication suggested that Saints were cumugeonly so and sos for spoiling the party.

what improved PR on our part would change the press take on this event.

They the nationals of all stripes always tend to favour the big and ( inter) national event over the local interest. We could have course have grovelled and said sorry we will let him go to their - journos day out - photo shoot etc - or decided as they say to put a favorable " spin on things " .

Sometimes as governments might learn there isnt a favorable spin and you just have to tell it like it is.

That is what Saints have done and good on them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net