Latest News:

Saints & Sinners Message Board

Quicklinks

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Fear not, Cockers will always brighten your day!
Posted by: Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
Date: 28 January, 2012 21:22

Re: Fear not, Cockers will always brighten your day!
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 28 January, 2012 21:26

I wouldn't say his reaction was that different from JM's to CA's departure. I think I'd feel the same way

Date: 28 January, 2012 21:29

I thought that was petty too to be fair.

http://i.imgur.com/eMQ0jih.gif?1
Need a rupert? Find me on Twitter
@robbyrichmond
Listen to us live 8pm every Wednesday!!!
Subscribe on iTunes
Follow us on Twitter

Posted by: Johns (IP Logged)
Date: 28 January, 2012 21:38

Billy said to Richard that he was staying with Tigers on the Monday, on the Wednesday his agent phoned to say he was signing for Gloucester.

Do you not think that Cockers has a point?

Posted by: walks10 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 January, 2012 22:09

glad its not just suffering at the hand of the agent

Posted by: St Marlowe (IP Logged)
Date: 29 January, 2012 00:09

There is a similarity in the relative immaturity of both the young players' approach to their respective clubs. We believe there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and that civility and respect cost nothing but earn lots, the younger generation, brought up on a "celeb" lifestyle and a media led campaign that says everyone has a "right", have a different view.

bit sad - but there you go

& I don't think it was petulant of Cockerill at all - he is just different from Jim who, I suspect, felt even more snubbed by the manner of Flash's departure.

David L

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

- Live wrong and preposterously

Posted by: ChrisG (IP Logged)
Date: 29 January, 2012 07:21

I don't see either as petty, just a dose of realism and not pussyfooting around an issue of players moving on but dicking about their current club.

Posted by: St Francis (IP Logged)
Date: 29 January, 2012 10:29

Rude young boys, the pair of them. Some manners wouldn't have gone amiss.

Date: 29 January, 2012 13:40

Oh but its fine for clubs to behave that way is it? grow up you lot.

@robbyrichmond
Subscribe on iTunes
Follow us on Twitter

Date: 29 January, 2012 14:04

Do I detect an axe being ground ?

Posted by: Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
Date: 29 January, 2012 16:41

St M and ChrisG thumbs down Sorry Robby butthumbs up but as tedge asks you may have your own 'insider' reasons It is just that in all things in life and work my upbringing said honesty is the best policy.

Come on boys make 2013/14 SAINTS year COYS!

Date: 29 January, 2012 17:57

Saints and Tigers have behaved in what way?

Date: 29 January, 2012 18:44

Don't sit on the sidelines Robby
These two have shown a scant deal of respect to the managers who backed them. I fail to see why in the heierarchy of an organisation - at least a modicum of respect is not due to the management.

When you move into the harsh world of whatever career you will undertake - I hope you don't find out the hard way how it all works.
There is a saying
"Be careful who you tread on on your ascent - you may have to pass them on the way down."

David L

Date: 30 January, 2012 00:07

Miles wide about the axe to grind boys.

I had no truck with the way Danny left the club and still dont.

You might get a different answer if ask some of the other guys who are currently up for renewal and it seems many of you have very quickly forgotten the way Foxy was kept in the dark right up to the dying days of his contract. Respect works both ways, you would all do well to remember that.

Thanks for the "life lesson" David, but working in the building industry and having the axe over your head every single day of your working life and not having a contract review like others do did more than enough to teach me about how much bosses appreciate hard work or skill.

Billy Twelvetrees had been messed around for almost 5 years at Tigers, I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he did.

It's rather sad that some of the senior posters on COYSDC still see rugby players as commodities and not people.

@robbyrichmond
Subscribe on iTunes
Follow us on Twitter

Date: 30 January, 2012 07:19

Robbie, not for one minute do I think on players as a commodity, and as said often enough in the Chron I'm not for criticising those who lay their body on the line for our entertainment each week however both these lads have in my opinion done themselves no favours in telling their current employers one thing while quite clearly doing another. Whether the other party has been guilty of something similar in the past does not make that right in my view.

Date: 30 January, 2012 08:06

Quote:
Robby R
It's rather sad that some of the senior posters on COYSDC still see rugby players as commodities and not people.

It's rather sad that you have managed to comb my mails and find something I have never said or hinted at to fit your theory.

As Chris said - whatever may have happened in the past cannot be undone now, all parties need to move on. The actions of these two misguided lads do their comrades no favours in removing the "commodities" tag from the public's perception of their status.

David L

Date: 30 January, 2012 09:51

Although I am now retired I spent many years in industry and had about 6 employers spread over some 48 years. The reasons I moved on from one job to another were varied. When I was younger I was head-hunted, which is very flattering, listened to what was on offer. Financially it was more attractive but there were aspects which didn't appeal. With no mis-givings I told my employer about the offer and unashamedly accepted a considerable pay rise to stay. You might argue I should have said nowt but I had a young family and wanted to do my best for them.

On other occasions I actively looked for another job, got an offer, gave notice and left amicably.

In the first instance above you might compare it with Tiny's experience and in the second with say Roger Wilson.

Chris Ashton intimates he isn't leaving for money so all he had to do was to give Saints notice that he was leaving at the end of his contract, he was seeking new pastures, thanks for everything and good luck.

Or am I being naive ?

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net