rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saints & Sinners Message Board

Quicklinks

ashbysaintess
ashbysaintess (IP Logged)

Car parking on Sunday
13 March, 2012 16:52
Well - it seems the car park is full already!

Please does anyone who has been to the ground by car before have any advice about where else to park ??

Many thanks in advance.

Clegthorpe
Clegthorpe (IP Logged)

Re: Car parking on Sunday
13 March, 2012 17:05
There are acouple of Park & Ride sites and a Park & Walk, which we used last time. It's a pleasant stroll to the ground if the weather is OK.

Details here

SAINT_aitch
SAINT_aitch (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 17:27
and the park n rides are well serviced by regular buses with about a 15 min bus ride. Just follow signs for park n ride when close to the ground.

SarahH
SarahH (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 17:34
The park and walk is really close and easy so I'd recommend that...we've always parked there with no problem.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 18:41
Was annoying about thecar park tickets especially as i had followed all of the "rules" and should have managed to get one. There was an admisitrative error at the ticket office
But no joy so will be parking somewhere close.

http://lowrence.com/_Media/chrishoddle.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

Alan B
Alan B (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 19:01
there is some very good travel info on the worcester warriors site-buses from the town centre if you happen to be there are very good-chance for some banter

ashbysaintess

13 March, 2012 20:20
Brilliant - thanks everyone !

wheely
wheely (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 22:49
Park in the industrial estate next to the ground. Usually bout a fiver and a short walk 2 the ground

Sarge
Sarge (IP Logged)

13 March, 2012 23:04
And for those who are driving south on the M5 - when you come off at Junction 6 you want the fifth exit off the roundabout for the stadium car park.

A lot of Sat Navs direct you to the fourth exit, which will take you a mile out of your way before you can turn round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2012 12:24 by Sarge.

MESSAGES->author
St Francis (IP Logged)

14 March, 2012 07:09
I ordered a car parking ticket separately to the match tickets as I had forgotten to do it at the time.

Car Parking: £10
Registered post (no other method offered): £5
"Processing fee": £1.50

So... £16.50 for a parking space.

I am normally quite accepting of these extra charges but I do feel that the Saints are taking the p!ss here.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)

14 March, 2012 09:32
Anybody work for the PO? That looks to be a huge markup on the registered post charge.

Clegthorpe
Clegthorpe (IP Logged)

14 March, 2012 09:36
According to posts on the Offy forum it's not actually registered post (or Special Delivery as it should correctly be called) it's Recorded Delivery, about 70p on top of normal 1st Class.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)

14 March, 2012 09:44
Just over a quid all-in!!

Clegthorpe
Clegthorpe (IP Logged)

14 March, 2012 09:48
CORRECTION

My tickets have just arrived and they were, indeed, sent Special Delivery at a cost of £5.26

Galvo
Galvo (IP Logged)

14 March, 2012 10:40
Ashbysaintess - Tigers had run out of their parking spaces at the ground yesterday. I rang Worcester directly and got one no for £10 with no postage costs. Might be worth a try?

ashbysaintess

14 March, 2012 13:37
Thanks for that Galvo - certainly worth a try!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net