Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

pepelepew_2724
pepelepew_2724 (IP Logged)

Re: Dylan
28 March, 2012 06:54
Quote:
St Francis
I believe that andysaint is an ex-copper. Which, if correct, may explain the trenchant views.
Hang 'em all!

You've had a ticket in the past, haven't you. Speeding? Parking? Or something else....

Move on fella! It does you no good carrying all that anger with you. ;-)

bazster
bazster (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 07:23
Quote:
Opinion8ed
I have deliberatly not commented at all on either Dylan or Callum until now.
But I am once again flabbergasted at rugby's disciplinary systems.

If Dylan is proven to have done it by clear undisputable evidence then he should get a longer ban - only possibly mitigated by equally well proven evidence of provocation e.g. fish-hooking. In which case a ban for Ferris is due - but wont happen.

If it is Ferris word against Dylan then it should be dismissed for lack of evidence - or we set a precendent for any player to claim anything against another player without proof. And just to produce teeth marks is not enough - I have been able to produce those on my own hand when watching saints on a number of occasssions.

To give him 8 weeks is the worst sort of fudge. "We think he probably did it but cant prove it and dont know what happened for sure; the papers keep referring to him as a bad boy; and it is high profile; so we need to be seen to do something; we need him in S.A; so lets give him 8 weeks; and that way he probably wont appeal."

It stinks. I look forward with a sort of masochism at reading the finding and find out how they try and justify this sort of rubbish.

Personally I would appeal on the grounds that if they had any evidence they would have thrown the book at him. But then again as it is so far from a just and equitable system that a logical and fair outcome to an appeal would still be so unlikley it would be a complete waste of effort.

Nail...head...hit (Sm53)

Dumpling
Dumpling (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 07:39
re editing by users

I have just read this thread and unfortunately the fact that all andysaint's posts have been deleted (or edited to nothing by him, not censored) have removed what may well have been an interesting element to the discussion.

I always thought editing was for corrections to spelling and grammar, for adding explanation or for acknowledging error. Complete removal is a loss, even if his posts seemed to be disagreed with by some.
I can't see a way around this, other than to use the quotation facility more often so that comments make more sense to subsequent readers.

MESSAGES->author
St Marlowe (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 07:43
According to today's Chron - Ferris admitted to having his fingers (note plural) in Dylan's mouth

I wonder what it took to drag that out of him over a video link, and what sanction the panel imposed on him for that act.

David L

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

- Live wrong and preposterously

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2012 07:51 by St Marlowe.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 08:11
Fish Hook Ferris could hardly deny that his fingers were in Dylan's mouth if one of them got bitten!

But my guess is that he volunteered the information because he has had time to reflect on his original complaint during the age - and realises that he's being a bit of a twit.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/99/99_0_1202835632.jpg
*I could agree with you - but then we'd both be wrong...*

tubby shark
Saint Tub (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 08:17
Given up trying to have reasonable debate - pointless

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2012 09:42 by Saint Tub.

bazster
bazster (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 08:26
Quote:
Saint Tub
Guessing reality is - Dylan bit someone - your not allowed, so he receives a ban.. being mugged doesn't make it ok to steal £20 from your local corner shop..

Being mugged does make it OK to kick the mugger in the nuts.

ElmaFudd.
ElmaFudd. (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 09:30
(Sm152) succinct and couldn't have put it any better bazster.

tubby shark
Saint Tub (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 09:41
Do you know - I wish I'd never said anything...

St. Andy
St. Andy (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 09:53
Quote:
St Francis
I believe that andysaint is an ex-copper. Which, if correct, may explain the trenchant views.
Hang 'em all!

St. Francis,

Don't know if you have other knowledge of andysaint but I am ex police which is why I posted above making the point that he and I are different people,

AndyMGlos
Lebowski (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 10:43
Quote:
St Francis

What an enlightened post; no trace whatsoever of stereotyping or prejudice.

MESSAGES->author
St Francis (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 11:07
Quote:
St. Andy
Quote:
St Francis
Hang 'em all!

St. Francis,

Don't know if you have other knowledge of andysaint but I am ex police which is why I posted above making the point that he and I are different people,

Aaaah..... to many Andys! Sorry both...

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 11:28
I haven't seen the Chron's article, so don't know exactly what it said or whether it can be totally believed, but if fingerS were in Dylan's mouth, then it does sound like they were put there and not Dylan thrashing around at the bottom of a ruck trying to gobble up all of Ferris's digits.

http://lowrence.com/_Media/stken.gif

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 11:32
Been mentioned elsewhere there is a similar article in todays telegraph, not had time to look as yet

Maverick1
Phil. (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 11:43

28 March, 2012 11:47
Can someone please explain to me the difference between this case and, I can't remember if it was the semi or quarter finals of the Heiny last year, when Dylan was clearly bitten in a maul, it was caught on camera and he turned to the ref instantly and said "sir he bit me"?? The only difference I can see is that there's evidence.

EDIT: Here it is

Maybe Dylan shouldn't have been pulling the guy by his head but a bite's a bite and there's evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2012 11:49 by Toulousian Firefighter.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 11:48
thank you Phil, appreciated

Broonie
Broonie (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 12:04
ok.

1. we didn't have a histrionic referee at MK

2. dylan didn't push it , but was honest enough to realise he was at fault.

3. neither was donncha o'squealer playing for saints.in fact, i'm happy to say none of the saints players got in the refs face trying to get wannenburg sent off.

eddiep
Edward (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 12:11
Spot on, well said Broonie thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2012 17:31 by Eddie P.

LavinG
LavinG (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 12:16
If we're sticking with "Fish Hook Ferris", which are we going with for Hartley?
"Gouging Hartley" doesn't have a nice ring, neither does "Biting Hartley" - "Elbow drop Dylan" could work know.

Also that stuff about his reputation is ridiculous - your reputation sticks with you, and frankly, Dylan is well on his way to becoming the next Danny Grewcock - can't control himself on the pitch and is, frankly, and embarrassment.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 12:20
Careful LavinG, we wouldn't want truth and accuracy to get in the way of your ill informed and out of date opinion now, would we?

Northampton Saints - Aviva Premiership Champions 2013/14

MESSAGES->author
St Francis (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 12:24
Welcome to Sportnetwork, Mr Laving. Good that you feel strongly enough about this subject to register.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 12:46
Quote:
Broonie
1. we didn't have a histrionic referee at MK

In fairness Broonie I thought Owens dealt with it rather well. He said he didn't see anything and therefore couldn't act, but would report it. I don't see what else he could do.

Lock forward
Lock forward (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 13:22
If you listen to the clip from MK at the end when Dylan was speaking to M. Poite he asked Dylan if he had done anything. Dylan replied he was pulling PW out of the ruck and M. Poite replied "Oh, OK" and that was the end of it.
I wonder what Ferris would have said if Owens had bothered to dig a bit deeper at the time.

AlecW
AlecW (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 13:30
As an LI supporter, I couldn't really give two hoots whether Hartley is banned for X or Y weeks. What is totally laughable is the coincidence (one we've seen before with important England players) whereby he just HAPPENS to be available for England's next game.

Why not ban him for X England games and Y Saints games? (say) the next three Saints games and the next three England games?

Good luck for the rest of the season!

Alec from LI

just saying ...
just saying ... (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 14:28
Quote:
Eif Jones
Richie Rees was found guilty of eye gouging based on just Hartley's word

According to the various very-easy-to-find reports linked below, Richie Rees disciplinary found him guilty after receiving medical statements, viewing TV footage (some not broadcast), hearing evidence from Dylan Hartley and hearing evidence from Richie Rees himself.

You've been corrected on this here, and on other boards before, so to repeat your unfounded claim again is very poor. Is it because you think that if you say it often enough somebody somewhere might just believe you?

I suspect it's more because you're not going to let the truth get in the way of kicking a man when he is down. Shame on you!

BBC

Rugby Dump

Rugby World

ERC Rugby

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 15:14
It's a bit like Einstein's quote about insanity..... Eif keeps saying the same thing time and time again hoping that one day we may believe him.

http://lowrence.com/_Media/stken.gif

Broonie
Broonie (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 16:08
Owen said he didn't see it, but he said there was biting; he was of course the sole arbiter of fact.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 18:11
Quote:
Dumpling
re editing by users
I have just read this thread and unfortunately the fact that all andysaint's posts have been deleted (or edited to nothing by him, not censored) have removed what may well have been an interesting element to the discussion.

I always thought editing was for corrections to spelling and grammar, for adding explanation or for acknowledging error. Complete removal is a loss, even if his posts seemed to be disagreed with by some.
I can't see a way around this, other than to use the quotation facility more often so that comments make more sense to subsequent readers.

They were removed due to unpleasant replies from other users particulary ernie b. Sadly the mods seemed to think that was acceptable.

bonso
bonso (IP Logged)

28 March, 2012 21:45
That would be the same Owens that didnt listen to Dyls protestations about eye contact against Perpingnon away a couple of seasons ago then.

MESSAGES->author
Wrench (IP Logged)

29 March, 2012 20:21
has the full judgement been published yet? would be interested to read it..

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net