rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saints & Sinners Message Board

Quicklinks

darkstar
darkstar (IP Logged)

Concern about the Tigers game Saturday
12 April, 2012 18:37
Not only am I worried about the threat the Tigers pose to our chances of finishing in the top 4 this season. I'm really worried about the atmosphere turning sour on Saturday, after recent events. A trip to the Tigers board shows people are very angry about Jims comments recently. Added to the actual incident, is anyone else worried there could be some trouble in the crowd during the game? I'm not thinking about violence whatsoever, just arguments. Last year at the semi final in Leicester, I was jeered at when leaving and told to F off, which is nothing and just aggresive banter, but not a great sign.

thoughts?

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)

Re: Concern about the Tigers game Saturday
12 April, 2012 18:44
Not at all worried here.

darkstar
darkstar (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 18:52
I could just be me. I just don't wan't to see any booing or aggro, from either set of fans. Hopefully I'm just being an idiot, as per...

jdusty964
jdusty (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 18:58
There may be the odd one or two who will have to have their say about everything that happens that is not great in the game, fortunately these people are few and far between.

In my experience the real supporters that will make the journey this weekend will be fairly knowledgeable and friendly.

We have our own one or two who have to have their say as well so this is by no means aimed solely at Leicester.

This game is a big one and the result will undoubtedly effect where we are come seasons end.

I expect a tense atmosphere but about actions on the pitch not off it.

SarahH
SarahH (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:14
Not worried one little bit.

There are many trolls who frequent the online chat boards and spout hate and rage and a whole load of rubbish. But on match day they are outnumbered by rugby fans who love the game and are rounded, decent human beings.

Bring on the Tigers!

MESSAGES->author
Jazzman (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:20
O for heavens sake, it is a game of rugby. A few beers, a bit of banter and a shake of the hand afterwards (on the pitch and on the terraces). Win or lose both tigs and Saints fans will have a good day, nobody will die (hopefully) and the sun will rise on Sunday morning.

What else do you want apart from a lottery win and Susan Boyle running naked round the pitch at halftime?

Pathetic!!!

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:25
Not overly worried, a lot of rubbish comes from their offy site and their posts indicate that they don't go to or watch the games and just like an argument.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:45
I should add the caveat that I am a bit concerned about parking though

:-D

darkstar
darkstar (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:51
Need to point out I don't mean violence or even mass arguments, I mean booing players, scores, the ref (which is all becoming too frequent as it is). I know it's just a game of rugby, and I'll go with my mates as normal, but the match experience at FG is changing, the booing and jeering (and constant complaining about every decision against the side) is becoming tiresome already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 19:52 by darkstar.

17 stone bull
Bustabloodvessel (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:51
All I can say is shout from the moment you walk in to FG on sat.cheer the team warming up and cheer non stop through the game.we have more than one song so let's sing them loud and proud.we don't need gimmicks to make an atmospher,if I'm stood nr a tigers fan spouting rubbish I shall just shout more often and louder.(Sm152)

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

MESSAGES->author
St Francis (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 19:59
AS SarahH said, there are just a few message board heroes compared to the thousands of real people that will turn up to the ground. Can't see a problem.

thegaffa
the gaffa (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 20:02
Whatever result(s) it takes to get an East Mids final may it and they happen.(Sm151)

D WEST
D WEST (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 20:27
It's a rugby match, a big one but still a match. Just ensure we create a big atmosphere and you probably won't here a peep out of them. If a tigers fan booing bothers you that much then sing over him.

MESSAGES->author
Chris B (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 20:55
Should be okay - The Leicester city hanger-ons don't travel and the Cobblers being at home should keep our pillocks away.

Be more concerned with ugly tigers fans and even uglier (and smellier) C blockers.

MESSAGES->author
StBleach (IP Logged)

12 April, 2012 21:15
I did once witness "trouble" at franklins gardens.. I believe ( could be wrong ) it was a cup semi final against Orrell ... On approaching the sturtidge, in the car park, police had rounded up a group of "ruffians" , drawn a Circle on the ground and, to this day, I remember them saying " you move out of the circle and the dogs get interested in you"

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 05:27
Will they be frisking at the gates, just wondering like because I enjoy that bit, not because I will be tooled up for the ruck.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 06:16
Frisking?!?!?! I must be using the wrong gate!

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 06:25
well its difficult to get the baseball b, axe, sawn off shotgun and brass knuckles in at some places... I wouldn't want to take them to the ground unless I was sure I could get them in.

Cg
Cg (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 06:50
I'n sure it will be fine tomorrow. Yes it will be a tough game but we love that don't we.

Stopsy just need you with money to put in the bucket for the Hambo foundation - I'm sure we could find someone to do an additional friskin, if needed and of course more money.

Cg

Flash_Geordan_2
FlashGeordan (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 07:49
What Jazzman said :-)
Go Tigers!!
And may the best team win.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 08:19
Quote:
FlashGeordan
And may the best team win.

Very kind of you. I predict a Saints win too (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 09:20
my main concern is have we decided on who went along to Welford road and said whot he hell are Leister Tigers

Big George Pisi - works .

Hat trick for Digger ?

MESSAGES->author
Paul Flatt (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 09:38
I heard a quote from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar this week, which clearly I had missed before, or forgotten :

"...Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once"

So what are we worried about?

“... I never dreamed about success. I worked for it." Estée Lauder,
American businesswoman

Mort
Roger (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 09:40
Why would there be any problems on Saturday? I'll watch the second half of the match on ESPN, Tigers will win (but only narrowly) and then I'll come down to Caldecott and moon across the River Welland at you.

St John
St John (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 10:29
Quote:
Stopsy
well its difficult to get the baseball b, axe, sawn off shotgun and brass knuckles in at some places... I wouldn't want to take them to the ground unless I was sure I could get them in.

You should ge OK with that lot - just dont try to get a flag through [:wor kid:]

MESSAGES->author
saintian (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 10:55
Quote:
Stopsy

Why not take a trip to Sarries, Wasps, Not-Nots etc then (rather than FR or WR)- with all that gear on you it'll make the crowd look bigger?!

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 11:07
That is a vicious suggestion Ian, go to Watford? I cannot compete with such violence...

MESSAGES->author
desbralass (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 14:15
That was a hurtful thing to suggest...Watford indeed(Sm20)

Bridesmaids no more.

Alan B
Alan B (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 18:55
I've only got one concern,despite buying both their tickets i can't persuade either son to drive so that i can have a beer

Tigergeezer
Tigergeezer (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 19:23
Quote:
SarahH
rugby fans who love the game and are rounded, decent human beings.
Bring on the Tigers!

That's us all right....(Sm100)

See that girl
Watch her scream
Kicking the dancing queen

ElmaFudd.
ElmaFudd. (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 19:40
who are you calling rounded? Ro-tund is more like it!

MESSAGES->author
Tiggs (IP Logged)

13 April, 2012 22:11
I can not imagine any hostility from either set of supporters, my only concern is on the pitch boiling over.
But I would hope both coaches have made it clear that any yellow or red card is likely to be pivotal, and so would not expect any player to be so stupid.
Here's to a very hard, tough, but fair, encounter !!
No quarter asked, and no quarter given.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net