rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saints & Sinners Message Board

Quicklinks

Blessing
WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)

What goes up must come down in Green Ink
06 May, 2012 11:45
So finally the Day of Judgement arrives for the four teams that have qualified for the play offs to the RFU Championship season 2011 to 2012.

On Monday at 12.05, mid day, Cornish Pirates take on Bristol in front of the SKY cameras in the first leg of the second semi final. Already Bedford have played their home leg game against London Welsh having lost 3-13.

Next Sunday Sky will cover the game at Bristol at 12.45 pm.

Sunday, 13 May 2012
The Championship semi final
Bristol v Cornish Pirates, Play Off, 12:45
London Welsh v Bedford, Play Off, 15:00

If that's already too much information to consume, have pity on the administrators and officials who have to arrange and coordinate these games.

For me, all I have to do is stump my way downstairs and up next doors, get into my sleeping bag in which I keep warm whilst watching TV and prepare to suffer a thousand pains as Fate takes it's course.

But I just can't wait. It will soon be all over, bar the two legs of the Final, to be broadcast. I just wish I could be there in the crowd, on the touch line.....raving!

Let's hope we provide the many and varied viewers some drama. I think we will.

[williamblessing.blogspot.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)

Re: What goes up must come down in Green Ink
06 May, 2012 15:35
You have my support William. It's good to see that Bristol have gone away, re-grouped and come back fighting.

I have no ill feeling towards Newcastle in the slightest. Am I right in thinking the Falcons have new money behind the club and a Director of Rugby that started the Quins comeback whilst in the 1st Div? If that's the case, then I don't see Newcastle struggling to get back up.

Will be good to welcome Bristol back to the Gardens if they are successful.

[lowrence.com]

Blessing

06 May, 2012 18:43
After a few years away one begins to miss getting thrashed at Franklins Garden.

MESSAGES->author
smurfomatic (IP Logged)

06 May, 2012 19:02
William - as I recall a few seasons ago we played each other five times!

Just looked - it was 2008/9 and it was all in the space of about three months. League in November and January, Anglo Welsh Cup in October, and Euro Challenge Cup back to back in December...

Photo Gallery

SWH12 - May 10th 2014

MESSAGES->author
Paul Flatt (IP Logged)

06 May, 2012 21:18
William - you are one of the fixtures of each season!

If things go well for Bristol it will be because it has stopped being the personal plaything of a few plutocrats, who don't have the money or affection to match their ambitions. A club of such tradition deserves better.

I hope you continue to make a good recovery - your news of recent months was a tad disconcerting!

“... I never dreamed about success. I worked for it." Estée Lauder,
American businesswoman

Blessing

07 May, 2012 06:01
But Paul, ownership of the club now resides solely in the hands of our major share holder Mr Lansdown. Without him we would have gone bust.

As for my health.....well....where there's life there's hope. We breath in deeply and face the future with interest.

Hope you too are all well. See what happens mid day today on Sky TV!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net