rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Eif Jones
Underhill
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 02:06
I note Bath are buying out Underhill's contract from the Ospreys, a genuine no 7 that England are struggling with. He will be doing the opposite of what Charteris did many years ago, who studied at Bath whilst playing in Wales. Interestingly, does a transfer fee count within the salary cap??

MESSAGES->author
Re: Underhill
Neil-H (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 03:57
Quote:
Eif Jones
I note Bath are buying out Underhill's contract from the Ospreys, a genuine no 7 that England are struggling with. He will be doing the opposite of what Charteris did many years ago, who studied at Bath whilst playing in Wales. Interestingly, does a transfer fee count within the salary cap??

Eif, if I recall correctly, yes the transfer free is included in the cap.

Very promising young player from what I have seen of him and has been mentored by Richard Hill to ensure he doesn't get snapped p by Wales through residency laws if you believe everything you read,

Is Louw off then?

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 07:11
I haven't seen much of him playing to form a judgement on how good he is. But he is certainly rated. From an England perspective it is great he will be eligible to play for England.

When does he join Bath?

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 07:15
Yes it does count as part of the cap

Raggs
Raggs (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 08:32
Transfer fees made to another club do not count as part of the cap. If it is made to the player (why it would be I don't know) then it does.

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 09:22
Do you know what you call a 'stand out player' from the welsh regions in the Pro12 ?
A- Just passing through
B- Championship standard

Sent from the toilet

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 10:35
(Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
Howlin (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:34
Bath have a salary cap ?

Saint 'til I die

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:44
Not an enforced one apparantly

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:07
Bath have one of the smallest squads around so i can believe they are perfectly in cap.

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:13
Bath let Dave Wilson go before Xmas to make room for 2 new centres from Super15.
Should tell you a great deal.

Sent from the toilet

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:59
Eif for a genuine 7 he plays a lot of his rugby at 6.

I wish him all the best but he rarely seems to make it on the bench let alone off it and doesn't look significantly better than someone like Evans at Tigs. Lots of hype right now not that much delivery so will be good to see how he does in a decent Bath side with Louw as his mentor.

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 09:34
Quote:
SaintED
Eif for a genuine 7 he plays a lot of his rugby at 6.
I wish him all the best but he rarely seems to make it on the bench let alone off it and doesn't look significantly better than someone like Evans at Tigs. Lots of hype right now not that much delivery so will be good to see how he does in a decent Bath side with Louw as his mentor.

Thats a bit of a floored argument. T is a genuine 7, Wood is a genuine 6 as is Gibson and Clark is a genuine 7. how many times has our selection put them all in the wrong places. Its not the number on his back its the way he plays which is like a real 7.

If you have watched him, you would also have seen he is much more physically developed and physical than Evans.

MESSAGES->author
12 January, 2017 13:33
With a 14 game winning streak, a grand slam, and the number 2 spot in the world rankings under their belt, putting "England" and "struggling" in to the same sentence is a remarkable achievement, even for our resident one eyed Welshman. Congratulations Eif (Sm128)

Church's Stand, Block R, at the back noisily making lots of noise

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Northampton Saints Poll

Is Hartley proving a good captain for England?

See results > Submit >>