No contracts renewed
No new players signed for 2017 season

Does this mean a new coaching set up?

Everyone else seems busy except us! Glos signed three yesterday

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)

Re: Anyone starting to think...
11 January, 2017 19:10
Some good players moving too. Owen Williams seems a good steal from Leicester. Obviously don't watch him week in week out though so don't know his consistency

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 19:12
We are only 11 days into January!

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 19:19
And any contract extensions for the past number of years have been announced in December..

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 19:28
Perhaps none of the players who's contracts are up for renewal are being retained.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 19:57
Perhapsnone of the players who's contracts are up for renewal want to stay !

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 20:21
Perhaps there just isn't the cash for new blood !

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 20:50
Perhaps we are looking for problems where none exist

pboro_saint
pboro_saint (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 20:54
Perhaps people keep their head in the sand

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 21:17
Good grief (Sm26)

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
Saint Robert (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 21:25
Quote:
pboro_saint
Perhaps people keep their head in the sand
while others have them up their own rear ends.

StPo
StPo (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 21:30
We signed a lock last week...

MESSAGES->author
CraiginWootton (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 21:33
Quote:
StPo
We signed a lock last week...

All we need now is the key smiling smiley

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 21:41
Quote:
Pyffy
Good grief (Sm26)

Great insight Mr Pyffy thanks for that.

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 22:24
Quote:
Flapjack
Quote:
Pyffy
Good grief (Sm26)

Oh the irony!!

As for posting anything insightful, how about "Patience is a virtue" something many on here seem to have forgotten.

As happens every year, I am sure that as soon as there is some real information on the transfer front, the club will put everyone, frothing at the mouth for news, out of their misery, by issuing their usual press releases to inform the world and RugbyInsideLine of their business.

Until then I for one won't be losing any sleep because we haven't announced these latest rumours as fact:

a) Aaron Cruden as our next flyhalf
b) Bruce Reihana as our attack coach
c) Paul Hill being bought out of his contract by Sale
d) Ethan Waller going to Worcester
e) Calum Clarke going to Sarries

Plus any other non-rumours someone will miraculously invent over night in their dreams after over indulging in the left over cheese board from Christmas.

But hey if those that want to keep the self flagellation going because the club are being tight lipped over current contract re-negotiations and new contract negotiations then who are we to stop them? After all it is a free world.

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 23:04
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Flapjack
Quote:
Pyffy
Good grief (Sm26)

Oh the irony!!

As for posting anything insightful, how about "Patience is a virtue" something many on here seem to have forgotten.

As happens every year, I am sure that as soon as there is some real information on the transfer front, the club will put everyone, frothing at the mouth for news, out of their misery, by issuing their usual press releases to inform the world and RugbyInsideLine of their business.

Until then I for one won't be losing any sleep because we haven't announced these latest rumours as fact:

a) Aaron Cruden as our next flyhalf
b) Bruce Reihana as our attack coach
c) Paul Hill being bought out of his contract by Sale
d) Ethan Waller going to Worcester
e) Calum Clarke going to Sarries

Plus any other non-rumours someone will miraculously invent over night in their dreams after over indulging in the left over cheese board from Christmas.

But hey if those that want to keep the self flagellation going because the club are being tight lipped over current contract re-negotiations and new contract negotiations then who are we to stop them? After all it is a free world.

MESSAGES->author
Howlin (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 23:23
Sorry must have missed the educational posts from you flapjack. Point is original post says no signings and someone points out that we have made one recently. Which , I think to any normal thinking person , means that the original post is a tad incorrect. But obviously so many people are so willing to accept any negative comments that they refuse to accept the irony. Don't worry I'm sure there will be another unfounded rumour along soon.

Saint 'til I die

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 23:31
We're doomed, i tell ye! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!

MESSAGES->author
Howlin (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 23:34
Don't panic Tring, don't panic !

Saint 'til I die

Maverick1
Phil. (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 23:40
FFS*

*fish finger sandwiches...

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)

11 January, 2017 23:43
Quote:
Howlin
Sorry must have missed the educational posts from you flapjack. Point is original post says no signings and someone points out that we have made one recently. Which , I think to any normal thinking person , means that the original post is a tad incorrect. But obviously so many people are so willing to accept any negative comments that they refuse to accept the irony. Don't worry I'm sure there will be another unfounded rumour along soon.

Great insight Mr Howlin thanks for that.

MESSAGES->author
St Francis (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 06:10
Quote:
Flapjack
Quote:
Howlin

Great insight Mr Howlin thanks for that.

There, see? Life is so much better when we all get along together and say nice things...
smiling smiley

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 07:05
I blame Westt
He must be in charge of communications by now *
Perhaps someone's got some video clips of him walking past not speaking to prove the point *******

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 07:08 by Deesaint.

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 09:25
He's the only thing we do know, by signing Ribbons (that was his name wasn't it) then we will be letting go of a lock.

The rest we don't know.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 09:39
Excellent, known unknowns.

Scarlet Pimpernel
Scarlet Pimpernel (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 10:11
hello first post, I believe Jim was given a 5 year contract a couple of years ago? And given they come as a couple I am guessing Dorian has the same. If we guess they're on a few thousand k each, that's quite expensive to terminate? But I'm not an employment lawyer...

MESSAGES->author
St Francis (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 10:39
Quote:
Scarlet Pimpernel
hello first post, I believe Jim was given a 5 year contract a couple of years ago? And given they come as a couple I am guessing Dorian has the same. If we guess they're on a few thousand k each, that's quite expensive to terminate? But I'm not an employment lawyer...

Welcome! smiling smiley

Two good points there... given that the club doesn't have a magic money tree ( la Bruce Craig or SAIL) then I can't imagine they will want to take that hit. It must have already cost a bit to lose Kinga.

Miserable Old Fart
Miserable Old Fart (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 10:54

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 16:29
Quote:
Scarlet Pimpernel
If we guess they're on a few thousand k each, that's quite expensive to terminate? But I'm not an employment lawyer...

Me either but I have signed a fair few contracts in my time and several of them have had clauses connected with early termination if specific targets or KPIs aren't met. I'd hope our lawyers are at least good enough to have included similar.

Welcome btw.

Omnium
Omnium (IP Logged)

12 January, 2017 20:54
Quote:
Scarlet Pimpernel
Don't think that dormant and Jim are om he same deall (contract length)

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)

13 January, 2017 07:05
I have said this on a previous post

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Northampton Saints Poll

Is Hartley proving a good captain for England?

See results > Submit >>