rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saintalex
James Craig
Saintalex (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 23:00
Have heard rumours he is off to Worcester, wasn't on the retained list and his contract is up at the end of the season. Is he playing for a contract like Wilson, or is he gone. Thoughts??

MESSAGES->author
Re: James Craig
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 07:40
TWS mentioned this in his match report.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 08:59
Would be a shame - has performed well when he's been fit and given an opportunity.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:11
I agree that he has played when available. However, in a professional sport, as much as we want to be known as a caring, community club, valuable cap space has been spent on a player that is rarely available.

Not that I don't rate Craig and should he go, I wish only the best for him. Should he stay, I hope that he can keep a consistent run.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:36
Is he really going to play much though?? Lawes, Day, Api and Ribbans I would say are ahead of him at the moment...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2017 12:15 by Saintalex.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:42
For "Gibbans" read "Ribbans"grinning smiley

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:57
Funky

mhull56
mkersyshull (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:59
I do think a second row is where we now need to strengthen, especially for when Lawes is with ENG (unless Ribbons can step up but I haven't seen enough to judge)

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 11:20
Perhaps a new song for his next hatrick?

MESSAGES->author
Howlin (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 11:29
If anyone would like to bet me a large amount of money that he is leaving please let me know.

Saint 'til I die

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 12:30
Thanks Stockers... Edited now... Fat Fingers sorry

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 12:34
He's been with us since 2011 and has made 65 appearances so on average 11 a season. He's not managed to nail down the starting shirt but I think he is quite valuable squad cover (remember when we had to field Clark and Dickinson in the second row, we don't want that happening again). I would be quite pleased if he stayed but it depends on if he thinks he can get more starts at another club.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 14:11
I don't have the stats to prove it but I am reasonably confident in saying that for him to make two successive appearances, despite usually playing well enough in the first appearance to keep his place, has been the exception rather than the rule. He just seems to be one of those unlucky players who sustain frequent injuries.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 16:16
He does seem to pick up more than his share of injuries. He's played 3 on the trot and 4 on the trot this season. Last year he played 12.

He played very well at Sale and filling Daisey's boots. There has been a rumour( and that's all it is) about Worcester. It would be their gain . If he stayed,it's a lot of locks.

Scrummy
Scrummy (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 17:36
He is a quality player, just needs to stay fit.

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 17:59
Quote:
shendy
Would be a shame - has performed well when he's been fit and given an opportunity.

Has he? Tbh I find it hard to remember games he has played in and made an impact but tbf that may be more because he plays so infrequently than the quality of those performances.

SaintNice
SaintNice (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 19:35
Decent player but for me he's in a queue behind Daisy, Lawes, Api, Paterson and although it's too early to say for sure, probably Ribbans. Wouldn't blame him if he moves.

St tub
St tub (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 10:15
Is Api staying?

Ribbans is at the very start of his career - he's not prem yet

Patterson is starting to show some of the promise from his Sale days but he's 32 this year and has he done enough as we will have paid big money for him (as an England capped international)

Daisy is going to be 34 next season, he will be looking for someone to step in

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 10:20
Hopefully Daisy will be tasked with grooming either Onojaife or Ribbans to take his place.

I really hope that he is retained upon retirement and brought into the coaching team. I think his and Dowson's input will be invaluable. But, I'm not sure how much of this DW will allow.

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 10:49
Have we thought about cloning Daisy yet? surely that's the best investment of the extra cash the club found smiling smiley

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 11:06
I think Ribbans potentially could be the real deal

Omnium
Omnium (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 11:07
Quote:
Howlin
If anyone would like to bet me a large amount of money that he is leaving please let me know.
(Sm152)

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 19:23
With regard to David Ribbans, Lenny Newman whilst commentating on the Bedford game said a lot of the Saints fans didn't realise what they've got, so obviously thinks he's the real deal, lets hope he's right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Northampton Saints Poll

Is Hartley proving a good captain for England?

See results > Submit >>