Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saint Ted
A Reminder
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 04:08
Seems tensions are getting up in the off season

From the start we have said about the need to respect other posters

When offering an opinion, don't expect everybody to agree with you, likewise don't expect to agree with everything you read

Constantly repeating the same argument doesn't add any value to debate

Facts are constant, opinions are variable, all of us have them, none of them are wrong, respect that

tboullem
Re: A Reminder
Mobbs (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:37
Quite so Ted......I think its a generational thing, the youngsters can get carried away whilst some of us have seen it all before !

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:38
Quote:
Saint Ted
Seems tensions are getting up in the off season
From the start we have said about the need to respect other posters

When offering an opinion, don't expect everybody to agree with you, likewise don't expect to agree with everything you read

Constantly repeating the same argument doesn't add any value to debate

Facts are constant, opinions are variable, all of us have them, none of them are wrong, respect that

Well said. And I haven't even started yet!!(Sm100)

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:47
It's the usual thing of a debate degenerating into an argument when posters merely keep repeating what they believe using different words - that should be the time to stop.

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:49
The Earth is flat. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 08:50 by rugbymel.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:20
Amen. One persons row is another persons debate. All seems civil, no name calling and some interesting content.

Great work eds, always appreciated.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 13:51
Reading the same opinion over and over and over again has to be the worst thing about this site. I actually dont mind a bit of an argument, at least its different, but constant repetition has turned me right off coming here.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 13:55
Quote:
Duckonstilts
Reading the same opinion over and over and over again has to be the worst thing about this site. I actually dont mind a bit of an argument, at least its different, but constant repetition has turned me right off coming here.

I think it's something most of us are inclined to do in that once we've reached a conclusion about something we rarely change our minds, even when a reasonable alternative view is put to us. It kind of constitutes a loss of face. I also think men (of which I'm one by the way) are more likely to be stubborn about their views than women - but that's another story [:wor kid:]

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 14:05
Quote:
tedge
Quote:
Duckonstilts

I think it's something most of us are inclined to do in that once we've reached a conclusion about something we rarely change our minds, even when a reasonable alternative view is put to us. It kind of constitutes a loss of face. I also think men (of which I'm one by the way) are more likely to be stubborn about their views than women - but that's another story [:wor kid:]

If the culprits knew who they were, it would help

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 14:39
Quote:
fair_weather_fan
Quote:
tedge
Quote:
Duckonstilts

Only if they were prepared to acknowledge it and try to change. I made a self-imposed rule some time ago that there were a few posters I just wouldn't engage with because it was pointless. Mind you there are probably some who made the same decision about me !

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 14:54
Quote:
fair_weather_fan

It might, but Pointing fingers seems a little unfair, if the mods are happy with the status Quo then fine, If not i expect they will have a quiet word and seek change that way. There is no rule saying you cant post a lot or be boring. I just personally fed up of it.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 15:27
less moaning more posting

I repeat points with more detail because sometimes I think they're misunderstood eg the Tigers global stuff. But look it's only a flipping rugby message board. Just chuck some ideas about, don't take anything personally and have some fun.

far more important things in the world to worry about, in particular whether I wear a jacket or not out to dinner tonight. Forecast is borderline.

alexc
AlexC (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 17:30
#whynotus...again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Northampton Saints Poll

Is Hartley proving a good captain for England?

See results > Submit >>