rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

tedge
Teams are up
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 11:45
No Dylan or Myler but Dickinson's back !??? Others missing for various reasons: North, Lawes, Horne, Reinach,Van..Wy (?) Ken Pisi. Api,Marshall

First half
15 Ben Foden (capt); 14 Tom Collins, 13 Tom Stephenson, 12 Rory Hutchinson, 11 Juan Pablo Estelles; 10 James Grayson, 9 Nic Groom; 1 Jamal Ford-Robinson, 2 Mikey Haywood, 3 Kieran Brookes, 4 Michael Paterson, 5 James Craig, 6 Jamie Gibson, 7 Ben Nutley, 8 Teimana Harrison

Second half
15 Harry Mallinder; 14 Jamie Elliott, 13 Nafi Tuitavake, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 George Furbank; 10 Piers Francis, 9 Tom Kessell; 1 Alex Waller, 2 Charlie Clare, 3 Paul Hill, 4 Christian Day, 5 Sam Dickinson (capt), 6 David Ribbans, 7 Lewis Ludlam, 8 Mitch Eadie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 11:50 by tedge.

SaintNice
Re: Teams are up
SaintNice (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 11:55
No Wood either.

Very experimental selection but of course that's what pre-season is all about.
So not only does it appear that big Sam D was retained, but he's also captain! You have to wonder what this whole episode has done for the guy's spirit.
Looking forward to see how young Grayson fairs being served by a quick scrum half. Ribbans at 6 could be a revelation too.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:02
Quote:
SaintNice
No Wood either.
Very experimental selection but of course that's what pre-season is all about.
So not only does it appear that big Sam D was retained, but he's also captain! You have to wonder what this whole episode has done for the guy's spirit.
Looking forward to see how young Grayson fairs being served by a quick scrum half. Ribbans at 6 could be a revelation too.

Yes and curious that Dickinson, essentially a no. 8 is playing at 5 and Ribbans, a lock, is playing at 6

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:11
Isnt Wood suspended still??? I saw Myler in the week, was hobbling a bit. Dickinson is on a pay per play deal. Ford - Robinson I thought was a TH but is playing LH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 12:12 by Saintalex.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:30
Quote:
Saintalex
Isnt Wood suspended still??? I saw Myler in the week, was hobbling a bit. Dickinson is on a pay per play deal. Ford - Robinson I thought was a TH but is playing LH

Wood was suspended for 6 weeks but I don't know the start and end dates

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:37
Looks like most of the players who have been playing over the summer have a bit more time off. That would include Van Wyk and Ma'afu ; hence JFR at LH. There was a rumour that Big Sam had been offered a contract until Christmas. There's an obvious conclusion to draw from that. He'll fill in as needed. He doesn't play 6 but Ribbans can double at 5 or 6. Woody is suspended until the end of the month.
Apart from Myler, I can't see another obvious injuries. That's very good news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 12:57 by twsaint.

SaintNice
SaintNice (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:38
Let's hope no silly injuries in pre-season! Poor Tom Stephenson.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:42
Francis at 10. Amber nectar.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:57
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Francis at 10. Amber nectar.

Pretty sure that's the main position he was recruited for, with his ability in the centre a bonus

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 13:17
Ace Tuala also rested

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 14:03
Quote:
tedge
Ace Tuala also rested

Ace played in an inter-island game well after the lions tour had finished.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 17:46
Without wanting to read too much into it, Dickinson did post 'Another one' on Twitter without any context or further explanation back at the beginning of July.

2 + 2 = ???

ACTUAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES TRAINING
FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Aiden Blake
Aiden Blake (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 20:14
When I saw myler at the sevens we spoke to him and he said he would miss the start of the season with his surgery and the islanders are being rested and the ones from super rugby aren't over as I also spoke to groomy at the 7s

Baggy42
Baggy42 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 12:39
Anybody know whether we can hear this game on the radio ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Northampton Saints Poll

Is Hartley proving a good captain for England?

See results > Submit >>