Re: Unbelievable Myler
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:29
Nic to Stephen "your round mate"

Saint For Life
Saint For Life (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:39
When it comes to delivering silver ware Saints have been blessed over the last 20 years with 2 consistently outstanding fly halfs - Grayson and Myler .All the rest have failed to deliver re consistency .I hope SM now keeps free of injury this year and helps - in what I suspect might be his last year - to deliver silver ware once again . COYS

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 21:23
Im not sure consistently outstanding is correct. He is very consistent and fitted the saints game plan well for a number of years when we had a dominant pack and used his boot and management well. He is also a good clubman and been an asset for saints. Outstanding would be an international regular in my opinion, or someone with a more rounded game.

HungryLikeTheWolf
05 October, 2017 21:37
I am not sure they were occasionally outstanding let alone consistently.

Good pros, reliable club me, sure....

Saint For Life
Saint For Life (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 22:28
And in terms of delivering silver ware for Northampton - which was the point I was making - who was better than these two ? Credit where credit is due - both outstanding contribution to Northampton Saints . Will be legends for much longer than those who can only type faint praise ............... 🤐

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 06:00
When commenting on Steve Mylerís performance and achievements will posters please also add their own accolades whilst playing top flight rugby, just so we can compare and contrast?

Iím all for putting discussions into perspective so with your performances documented alongside Steveís we can then compare and contrast.

Iím sure that those who say that Steve is not consistent or outstanding will have a better playing record and set of achievements to back up their statements!

Steve Myler = true saints legend!

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 06:10
Quote:
TringSaint
When commenting on Steve Mylerís performance and achievements will posters please also add their own accolades whilst playing top flight rugby, just so we can compare and contrast?
Iím all for putting discussions into perspective so with your performances documented alongside Steveís we can then compare and contrast.

Iím sure that those who say that Steve is not consistent or outstanding will have a better playing record and set of achievements to back up their statements!

Steve Myler = true saints legend!

In summary
Your comment or view is carp unless youíve played rugby at the highest level
Nice one
Somewhat hypocritical though

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 06:13
No, but saying he is not consistent or outstanding when he has helped us achieve more than at any time in our history is a slap in the face.

And itís the same old posters who come out with the same old carp ( as you put it)

Itís the guys testimonial year, so give him s chuffing break!

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 06:16
This is just stupid.

You canít single out Myler and so how amazing he is and won us silverware.

He did nothing on his own. I think any average FH could have won silverware with the pack we had.
Itís a team game that has to fit a game plan.

I donít understand people who think Myler is the best thing since sliced bread. Heís a club fly half, nothing more.

How many caps does he have?

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 06:20
Wow.
Is this a saints forum?
Jeez, there is no pleasing you guys.

We donít deserve players like steve if you represent the groundswell of opinion. I wonder if that is why Exeter are doing so well , maybe they give a toss about their players and support them as opposed to slagging them off after playing for the club for over a decade!!

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 07:02
Quote:
TringSaint
No, but saying he is not consistent or outstanding when he has helped us achieve more than at any time in our history is a slap in the face.
And itís the same old posters who come out with the same old carp ( as you put it)

Itís the guys testimonial year, so give him s chuffing break!

Errrr I said he was a good club man but not outstanding. Who said he wasn't consistent? There is a difference between being consistent and consistently outstanding

Dan Carter is consistent outstanding. Owen Farrell is often outstanding. Beauden Barrett is consistently outstanding. Johnny Wilkinson was outstanding. Let's have some perspective please.

'if you haven't played you can't have a view'

If you aren't a Michelin starred chef you can't discuss the quality of food at a restaurant. If you haven't acted on broadway you can't comment on theatre. If you haven't won a Grammy you can't comment on an album and so on. Give me a break or propose to close down the message board.....

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 07:16
Corrrrrr this is a hot thread!!

Agree and disagree with loads of different points above!

IMHO Myler = a top club player. That's not taking anything away from him, in many ways it's the club men that make a successful club tick in there times of success.

Myler was the man for the job at the time.. 'when we had by far the best pack in the league.
It was a case of them saying to Stephen 'put is in the areas of the field and we will win the game' and that is what he did!
Is he the man for how we play currently, probably not.

HLTW agree with lots of your above post accept for the Beauden Barrett bit... He is in no way consistently outstanding yet! Not even close!

Absolutely brilliant in moments yes without a doubt! Able to do things on a pitch I could only dream of yes!!!
But a pretty average kicker when the pressure is on!
Average passer of the ball at times!
Average decision maker when he is closed down quickly!

And probably a better FB than he is a FH.
But still undoubtedly a top player and a joy to watch.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 07:22
Wow this thread went in a direction many of us didn't intend. For me to describe him as consistently outstanding is doing him a disservice. The only fly half over the last ten or so years would be Dan carter at his peak. others can be outstanding but not to that degree of consistancy. No one in this thread has slagged myler off from what I have read and are recognising him for the good player and pro he has been for us.

EBWGC
Eric Browett (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 07:36
As an outsider looking in I'd rate Myler as a player I respected but never feared when you played Saracens. Manoa I feared, Burrell has occasionally carved us up but I'd never look at SM as much of a threat; just a good, solid club pro who, if you were on top, would knock the nails in the coffin.

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 07:40
Quote:
herbie85
Wow this thread went in a direction many of us didn't intend. For me to describe him as consistently outstanding is doing him a disservice. The only fly half over the last ten or so years would be Dan carter at his peak. others can be outstanding but not to that degree of consistancy. No one in this thread has slagged myler off from what I have read and are recognising him for the good player and pro he has been for us.

Spot on. Myler has delivered what the team has needed for 10 years and has been an excellent club servant. During that time the club has flirted with outstanding but has always come back to consistent. Unfortunately Myler seems to have had to justify his place in the team very since he made his debut.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 07:44
Phew ! I only posted the article so you could all enjoy a good read if you wanted to. The headline is taken from words spoken by one of his professional colleagues. Now I know none of his fellow players are going to say anything derogatory about him in public, but Nic Groom has actually played alongside him for a year so his opinion must have at least as much if not more validity than anyone on this forum (IMO). For what it's worth my view is that Myler has been a consistenly effective no. 10 over a long period of time at the highest level of professional club rugby in England. I reckon he'd be happy to be described as that when he retires.

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 07:53
If you don't suggest a Saints player is a world beater apparently you're slagging them off....?

What is wrong with being a solid pro anyway? I think it's commendable. Thousands of players would give their right arm to achieve that level.

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 07:59
Quote:
Nath-coys
Corrrrrr this is a hot thread!!
Agree and disagree with loads of different points above!

IMHO Myler = a top club player. That's not taking anything away from him, in many ways it's the club men that make a successful club tick in there times of success.

Myler was the man for the job at the time.. 'when we had by far the best pack in the league.
It was a case of them saying to Stephen 'put is in the areas of the field and we will win the game' and that is what he did!
Is he the man for how we play currently, probably not.

HLTW agree with lots of your above post accept for the Beauden Barrett bit... He is in no way consistently outstanding yet! Not even close!

Absolutely brilliant in moments yes without a doubt! Able to do things on a pitch I could only dream of yes!!!
But a pretty average kicker when the pressure is on!
Average passer of the ball at times!
Average decision maker when he is closed down quickly!

And probably a better FB than he is a FH.
But still undoubtedly a top player and a joy to watch.

His kicking was pants during the Lions. Interestingly his kicking has really improved in the rugby championship. I'm not sure he can be compared on usual fly half grounds, he carries far more yards than any 10 I've seen which is difficult to directly equate to points. Plus his ability to see space in broken field play. The added value here more than compensated for traditional 10 tactical play, kicking etc IMHO. He is re-defining the position which is quite something when you think about. I'm sure some smart stats guy has a metric.

There is another on the production line - Stephen Perofeta at Taranaki. Wish we'd have signed him and saved 500k....

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:17
Well I, for one, have been very happy to see Stephen Myler in the number ten shirt for the last ten years. He has stuck with the club and the club have stuck with him, leading to 311 appearances and 2566 points. Ok, ke may not be a Dan Carter but then not any are and some players such as Carter and Wilkinson simply excel at International level. Certainly the deified Johnny was not always such great shakes for Newcastle whilst still an automatic pick, quite rightly, for England. Obviously the end is in sight for Smyler at his age with the emergence of Groom and the pending arrival of Biggar but for the moment I will be more than happy to see Nic and Stephen rotate as the season progresses.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:20
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
If you don't suggest a Saints player is a world beater apparently you're slagging them off....?

What is wrong with being a solid pro anyway? I think it's commendable. Thousands of players would give their right arm to achieve that level.

No wolfy, you are completely incorrect - its not about being a world beater its about doing a damn good job for a considerable period of time. its about being part of a successful team and its about giving you all.

You are one of the most vocal on here about how our players and coaching staff are poor and sub-standard and you incessantly reel off lists of personnel who we should snap up at the blink of an eye. but what you constantly fail to comprehend is that by parachuting in superstars, the net result wont necessarily be success. yes, you get the big name, but not the team spirit.

Rugby is a tough attritional game and it is absolutely built on a 15 man performance, so to disregard the performance of one of those 15 cogs is incomprehensible, because without it, the team would not function. just as it wouldnt without a hooker, prop, centre or any other position.

Steve is one of a handful of real saintsmen, and whether you believe him to be world class or not, he has delivered consistently and at a very high standard for us for a long time - can you put hand on heart and say that you have delivered as well as he has to your employer?? Have you been part of a team that has out performed all others in your field of work? Are you in the top 3 ever in terms of performance in your chosen field of work?? [www.premiershiprugby.com]

As for the comment re a lay person critiquing a michelin star meal, the analogy is wrong, as what you are actually doing is criticising a 1 star michelin chef for not having 3 stars, even though the peak of your culinary skills is beans on toast!

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:06
HLTW... Agree partly.

I would suggest he is making more yards as he runs more than any other FH, mostly with good affect.

But it is also widely thought and especially in NZ that he runs a lot as he doesn't see the game as quickly as a Dan Carter for example... So in that instance it is much easier too run with the ball. And he has the speed to do that which is great.

But a lot of people think the players outside him are not being brought in too the game as well as they could because of his passing and speed of thought.

And yeah his broken field running is exceptional, love watching him in full flight. But this is probably because he is a better FB again.
Just like Harry mallinder said when talking about positions you get more time to observe for space and gaps at FB than at FH.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:21
Interesting that this thread started with a link to Mr Myler's team mates praising him. It has continued with posters giving their opinions that in many instances contradict his team mates.

I am sure who ever is picked will give their best tomorrow.(Sm128)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 09:23
Quote:
TringSaint
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf

No wolfy, you are completely incorrect - its not about being a world beater its about doing a damn good job for a considerable period of time. its about being part of a successful team and its about giving you all.

You are one of the most vocal on here about how our players and coaching staff are poor and sub-standard and you incessantly reel off lists of personnel who we should snap up at the blink of an eye. but what you constantly fail to comprehend is that by parachuting in superstars, the net result wont necessarily be success. yes, you get the big name, but not the team spirit.

Rugby is a tough attritional game and it is absolutely built on a 15 man performance, so to disregard the performance of one of those 15 cogs is incomprehensible, because without it, the team would not function. just as it wouldnt without a hooker, prop, centre or any other position.

Steve is one of a handful of real saintsmen, and whether you believe him to be world class or not, he has delivered consistently and at a very high standard for us for a long time - can you put hand on heart and say that you have delivered as well as he has to your employer?? Have you been part of a team that has out performed all others in your field of work? Are you in the top 3 ever in terms of performance in your chosen field of work?? [www.premiershiprugby.com]

As for the comment re a lay person critiquing a michelin star meal, the analogy is wrong, as what you are actually doing is criticising a 1 star michelin chef for not having 3 stars, even though the peak of your culinary skills is beans on toast!

Stephen has been an excellent club man, reliable servant. And thoroughly deserves a testimonial to thank him. That's all fine.

The rest of your post is.... well.... lets address it.

When do I criticise players? Please find examples or retract that accusation and apologise. Do not lie for effect.

I predicted we would be 4th this year and you may like to read this thread that I posted "Reasons to be cheerful" after the Saracens game when everyone was lambasting the players and coaches

[url=http://[www.rugbynetwork.net]]Reasons to be cheerful[/url]

Just because I predicted last year we would win nothing, and criticised the performances for being sub-standard (which was objectively correct) does not mean I am not confident or bullish when I can see positive green shoots. I would rather say it as it is, honesty is good.

Just because I don't feel inclined to kiss a players ass doesn't equate to criticism. I may say Harry needs to step up D to play 12, Stephen should run at the line more. But never criticise or call players to be dropped. Equally never called for a coach to be sacked. We are allowed to take a view on the rugby you know, both positive or negative.

I do pick out players I think are interesting because I watch a lot of rugby that most don't get the chance to see. Accusing me of supporting parachuting in stars when I just posted I would have looked to save £500k signing a kiwi you've never heard of sounds counter-intuitive. enjoy Piers by the way.

Stephen is only a handful of real Saintsmen? These are bags of 'real Saintsmen' I've supported (not going back in history to other legends, only those I've seen live). I'd actually suggest everyone who pulls on the shirt is a real Saintsmen but anyway:-

Pat Lam
Andrew Blowers
Budge Pountney
Gary Pearce
Tim Rodber
Matt Dawson
Bruce Reihana
Steve Thompson
Gary Pagel (massive impact in shortish time)
Frank Packman
Harvey Thorneycroft
Ian Hunter
Paul Grayson
Nick Beale
Dylan Hartley
Courtney Lawes
Martin Bayfield
Matt Lord
Ben Cohen

there will be others but that's top of the head, Bateman didn't make it!

As for my own life that's none of your business. You shouldn't assume that posters on here are not over achievers in whatever they do in life, on whatever level or however they measure it themselves (for example, in my eyes being a good person is over-achievement vs not being a good person and making tons of cash albeit there are not mutually exclusive).

I don't mind you believing Stephen has been outstanding for us, I can disagree and give a view. I think he's been good. Not carp, not rubbish, good. Good is commendable. Neither is correct or 'incorrect' as you state - it is a view.

Your suggestion that no-one is allowed a view other than a super-bullish one is bordering Orwellian and I will be ignoring it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 09:45 by HungryLikeTheWolf.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:24
Not entirely sure but from memory Myler played in the Heineken final at Cardiff. The real test in that game was in the second half when Saints were protecting a good lead with a pack beginning to struggle. One of the no 10s was outstanding the other wasn't.

Do some board members really believe that if the no 10s were swapped, Myler could have lead Leinster to victory, Sexton would have found some way for Saints to hang on more like. Big games sort out the outstanding from the journeymen and it certainly did that day.

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 09:24
Quote:
Nath-coys
HLTW... Agree partly.
I would suggest he is making more yards as he runs more than any other FH, mostly with good affect.

But it is also widely thought and especially in NZ that he runs a lot as he doesn't see the game as quickly as a Dan Carter for example... So in that instance it is much easier too run with the ball. And he has the speed to do that which is great.

But a lot of people think the players outside him are not being brought in too the game as well as they could because of his passing and speed of thought.

And yeah his broken field running is exceptional, love watching him in full flight. But this is probably because he is a better FB again.
Just like Harry mallinder said when talking about positions you get more time to observe for space and gaps at FB than at FH.

Good points Nath.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:07
Wolfy - given that one of us has been censured for their comments on here and the other not, may i suggest that your view as to me being super-bullish is a little one-eyed!!

we agree on some things and disagree on others - this point we disagree.

Whoever steps out onto the field wearing 10 - whether its Harry, Steve, Piers or Donald Duck, i will be willing them and the other 14 players on to a victory.

PS - still believe glaws are nailed on top 4?

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:17
My word...no one has slagged myler off. This is a forum and allows for discussion. People have different views. I think hungry has given a balanced view and justified his opinions. He shouldn't be slated as anti saints as a result.

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 10:24
"Whoever steps out onto the field wearing 10 - whether its Harry, Steve, Piers or Donald Duck, i will be willing them and the other 14 players on to a victory."

As I hope every Saints supporter does!

"PS - still believe glaws are nailed on top 4?"

Looking ominous. Expected them to sign players, which they haven't yet. Assuming they do, Moriarty and Morgan come back, then can see a big run. Ackermann will get it right, give him time.

Of course hope they take a hiding tomorrow

Whiston Saint
Whiston Saint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:39
Quote:
Eif Jones
Not entirely sure but from memory Myler played in the Heineken final at Cardiff. The real test in that game was in the second half when Saints were protecting a good lead with a pack beginning to struggle. One of the no 10s was outstanding the other wasn't.
Do some board members really believe that if the no 10s were swapped, Myler could have lead Leinster to victory, Sexton would have found some way for Saints to hang on more like. Big games sort out the outstanding from the journeymen and it certainly did that day.

What an utterly ridiculous post.

The Saints forwards were totally out on their feet at half time in that game.

You should have been watching Rugby long enough to know that virtually no half backs are effective with their forwards going backwards. The game is about momentum and from the moment we lost the ball at the restart we were on the back foot. How can Myler be a 'journeyman' when he has only ever played Union for 1 club?

St tub
St tub (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:52
There is very very little difference between capped and not these days
Stephen has been capped and had he been Scottish or Welsh would have (IMHO) had more

He's not alone in that "club" of playing top level extremely well but not getting the international exposure to be on a list of "superstars"
Toby Flood - class act - very few caps as he was behind Wilkinson
Charlie Hodgson - ditto - probably the best "to the line" 10 England have had in recent years
Andy Goode - won everything in the game
Alex King..
and everyones favourite one eyed pundit Mr Barnes

Conversely one could argue Shane G was lucky to get his caps (scored that one beautiful try though)

Reading the above - is Stephen Dan Carter, Jonny Wilkinson or Jonny Sexton - nope
Is he as good as pretty much everyone else (in some facets better, in others not as strong but as a premiership 10) - 100% yes

oh and I'm peeved Chris (Day) isn't on Wolfy's Saintsman list - but that's a personal opinion

talesin
talesin (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:34
I might be wrong but who got man of the match at twickers and Cardiff when we won?
Smyler has rarely letus down when it has mattered.
International caps while a marker for great players don't really neccessarily mean a player is a great or not...if you are behind Jonny W or Farrell or Dylan or Dan Carter...you are not going to get many caps...Matfield had a few caps as I remember...will he be remembered for being a great saintsman?....
Well done Steve...The real fans know what you have done for us over the years!!...helped us get rid of Gerahty and a host of other really substandard 10's!

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 11:36
Quote:
St tub
There is very very little difference between capped and not these days
Stephen has been capped and had he been Scottish or Welsh would have (IMHO) had more

He's not alone in that "club" of playing top level extremely well but not getting the international exposure to be on a list of "superstars"
Toby Flood - class act - very few caps as he was behind Wilkinson
Charlie Hodgson - ditto - probably the best "to the line" 10 England have had in recent years
Andy Goode - won everything in the game
Alex King..
and everyones favourite one eyed pundit Mr Barnes

Conversely one could argue Shane G was lucky to get his caps (scored that one beautiful try though)

Reading the above - is Stephen Dan Carter, Jonny Wilkinson or Jonny Sexton - nope
Is he as good as pretty much everyone else (in some facets better, in others not as strong but as a premiership 10) - 100% yes

oh and I'm peeved Chris (Day) isn't on Wolfy's Saintsman list - but that's a personal opinion

Toby Flood got 60 caps and a whopping 3 year contract at Toulouse. Level above I'm afraid. Others agree with you about just sub international, still superb players. Think Hodgson a better player IMHO. Not sure he would have got in Wales team, probably Scots a few years ago.

You know when I finished the list I realised that I'd missed Christian (I did say would miss some!), then thought I'd see how long it would take you to bite - my bad :-).

St tub
St tub (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 14:22
Gotta look out for the wee fella Wolfy smiling smiley

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 15:51
Quote:
talesin
I might be wrong but who got man of the match at twickers and Cardiff when we won?
Smyler has rarely letus down when it has mattered.
International caps while a marker for great players don't really neccessarily mean a player is a great or not...if you are behind Jonny W or Farrell or Dylan or Dan Carter...you are not going to get many caps...Matfield had a few caps as I remember...will he be remembered for being a great saintsman?....
Well done Steve...The real fans know what you have done for us over the years!!...helped us get rid of Gerahty and a host of other really substandard 10's!

You are deliberately conflating 2 different descriptions to virtue signal your support. There are no real or fake fans, everyone who goes and cheers the team is a real fan. Enough of that.

Saint Mulc
Saint Mulc (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:02
HLTW I'm surprised that Buck Shelford didn't make your list of Saints' legends.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:10
I donít think itís a Ďmarmite Ď call
Love him or hate him
But it is something of a curateís egg
For so many seasons SM played behind a dominant pack with a limited gain plan to simply pass to a big 12 who made ground - Jimmy Downey et al.
But when playing outside of Saints - Saxons - he showed a different side ; playing on the line with great hands
He has also shown some great skills in passing at great speed on oppoís 5 metre line to cut out defence and put our winger in for try
I like Myler he has been a great servant to saints and should get the accolades that are due. He has done exactly what the coaches have asked of him
Great guy great servant great saint
But he is not the future
Would love to see him as kicking coach and part of coaching team moving forward

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:27
Quote:
Eric Browett
As an outsider looking in I'd rate Myler as a player I respected but never feared when you played Saracens. Manoa I feared, Burrell has occasionally carved us up but I'd never look at SM as much of a threat; just a good, solid club pro who, if you were on top, would knock the nails in the coffin.

Says a lot for me. Supporter of one of our biggest rivals/ threats who says, "if you were on top, would knock the nails in the coffin". There are few better than Stephen Myler at doing just that. Top, top player who, given the chance would have done just that in an England shirt. He's understated and not flash, he's steady as a rock, totally reliable and rarely lets us down. I'll miss him a lot when he finally stops.

HungryLikeTheWolf
06 October, 2017 19:29
Quote:
Saint Mulc
HLTW I'm surprised that Buck Shelford didn't make your list of Saints' legends.

He's my favourite ever sportsman let alone Saintsman however, because he left us before the cup final to go back to NZ, he misses the list.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 15:17
Whiston Saint
You should well know by now that Eif is mostly ridiculous. He seems a very bitter man/boy ...not sure why !!

ThornbySaint
ThornbySaint (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:05
Iíd add Shane Drahm to that

Dumpling
08 October, 2017 21:29
..but only one fly-half of ours has won the European Cup (and then worked hard in the Junior academy) - who?

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 05:45
Mr H!

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:20
Mylerís team mates have consistently identified him as outstanding.

Who are we to argue?

He is not meretricious, like Cipriani, lacks pace and - it has to be said - there is nothing like a fly-half to divide opinions.

Saints have been blessed with a fine player, who has represented England and gave the lie to S Barnes assertion that Saints would never win anything with SM at the helm.

Every number 10 is different. They are all playmakers, but styles vary. However, for his fundamental skills - kicking and passing - Stephen Myler deserves mention among the greats. We miss him when he is not there.

Letís leave it at that.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/99/99_0_1202835632.jpg
*I could agree with you - but then we'd both be wrong...*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net