tedge
North - we're building nicely..
tedge (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:57

Eif Jones
Re: North - we're building nicely..
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:34
More illuminating from George would be why oh why is he suddenly putting in performances for Saints that he never ever approached previously. In the Bath game George did more work than he did all of last season in total. Last season's failings carried through for Wales and then the Lions, he seemed to have lost his try scoring instincts.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:43
Perhaps you could just be glad that he is

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:57
Think a lot of it comes too mentality.

I would suggest this year they all believe in the attacking game and the attacking patterns being set in training.
And because of this belief and confidence they are all more comfortable on the ball and all want the ball as well.

So much of a players form is mental.... For example at the start of last season sub conciously it would of been well I might make break but even if I do no one will support me all a lot of effort for little reward.
Now, if I make a break against that prop in the defensive line, TC, Luther, Gibson, lawes are all going to be on my shoulder......

Give me the ball then Harry I can see a mismatch..!!!!

HerbieSaint
HerbieSaint (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:57
Players have dips in form sometimes Eif, it happens. And George wasn't the only one at Saints last season to be struggling to make an impact.

MESSAGES->author
lilyg (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:46
Tedge +1

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 15:00
perhaps he's aiming to play his way back to being offered a contract from one of the regions?*

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 13:44
North made a move to 14 for the Wasps game last year and topped the carry stats. I think he suits 14 better than 11, Collins form has pushed him over to 14 and he's playing superbly. I think it's a factor. The 11 is on the end of a line for service - well he wasn't always getting a lot of that. The 14 has more opportunity to seek work.

MESSAGES->author
Le marseillais (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 19:15
I believe George was injuried today.
Any chance to play against us next week ?

ASM Clermont Auvergne supporter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net