tedge
Still no Horne
tedge (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:17

HungryLikeTheWolf
Re: Still no Horne
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:36
Good job we have about 9 potential centres then hey?

MESSAGES->author
St_Bart (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 19:27
Good to see what looks like a change in policy regarding announcements on injuries.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 19:30
Yes. The new style from Jim is much appreciated. We get a good stream of info through the Chron. Perhaps things are moving ... although slowly.

Omnium
Omnium (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 23:44
He will be back very, very soon.

Covbryan
Covbryan (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 06:54
Do not be fooled by an apparent change of policy by Jim.
Just remember the STH forum is not far away and he will be trying to avoid the inevitable flack coming his way by any means possible.
Not being negative,just realistic.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 07:35
Ah - club give the information people want, club criticised for it...

There ain't no Sanity Clause

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 07:47
Never expected him to play in the Anglo Welsh. Remember he had very little break between the end of SH season. He should have just about recovered that now. Best having him firing on all cylinders against Wus?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 08:53
If past teams are anything to go by, I'm more expecting Jim to pick closer to our first XV for the home game compared to the team that was selected for the Exeter match

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 09:30
Me too Ted.

But I want us to bring players back when ready. We are getting better at managing injuries IMO. Those days of rushing someone back for them to go off sick again for months are hopefully behind us.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 10:13
Saints need a win, the club and coaching team cannot afford a home loss to Newport so Id expect a strong team put out. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised to see some of the inexperienced guys to be given a(another) chance.

Covbryan
Covbryan (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:18
The point I was making was not the fact that the club have started making information available to fans,but the timing of JM report via the Chronicle,and the closeness to the STH meeting.
Surely you must agree,pure incidence or what.
I was in no way trying to be negative just questioning the timing as such.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:43
If this was a one off statement then yes, the timing would be suspicious, but its not. We have seen a number of these updates recently, both in the Chron and during interviews, team announcements etc. I just feel that Jim has finally learned that keeping the fans informed is an easy and beneficial thing to do.

I think those above are just offering credit where credit is due. We moaned for years and finally got what we wanted. It proves Jim and Saints can change, but we need to see more. And lets hope we get more push that direction at the Supporters group :-)

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 14:48
The shortcomings of Supporters/STH and Club meetings is that the main thing people want to ask about when the team is not doing well is that very subject and it's the one thing the Club representatives will not want to discuss as they do not want the coaches or players criticised publicly. That's understandable in a way but whether it's unreasonable of the paying public to expect answers to leading questions about such matters is debateable. Few people in any occupation would welcome questions which challenge their ability or effectiveness and these things are usually done privately at annual appraisals or suchlike. Are we convinced that happens at Saints ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 16:25 by tedge.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 20:47
Step in the right direction, don't get why it wasn't standard practice in the past.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:10
saints plc has shareholders and those shareholders can raise questions at an agm which the board have answer. the STH forum is not the place to do this, but the agm definitely is

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net