Beesley
Hill
Moon
Harrison
Mitchell
Grayson
Foden

From t'Offy:

Charlie Clare (knee), James Craig (concussion), Christian Day (leg), Jamie Elliott (hamstring),, George Furbank (knee), Rob Horne (calf), Lewis Ludlam (illness), George North (knee) and David Ribbans (ankle) are unavailable for selection due to injury, while Ahsee Tuala (Samoa), Campese Ma'afu, Api Ratuniyarawa (both Fiji), Nafi Tuitavake (Tonga), Dylan Hartley and Courtney Lawes (both England) are away on international duty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 11:41 by tedge.

andysaint
Re: Team's Up
andysaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:44
A must win for the Saints so they've had to go strong. Dickinson in at lock is interesting, it looks like we are struggling there again for fit players.

Please to see Nutley and Marshall given a run out again, do we know what is happening with Clare as he looked good last season. Pleasing also to see Hutch and Stephenson given a go in the centres, I do hope that they will push on for a spot in the Premiership.

Would have liked to seen more younger players given a chance but I understand why they are playing the team they are.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:52
Says Charlie injured ankle.
Is this the end of Alex run at prop?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

MESSAGES->author
10 November, 2017 11:59
Quote:
Chris Hoddle

Has Kieran injured his foot?

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 12:09
Dragons:

15 Joe Goodchild, 14 Jared Rosser, 13 Joe Thomas, 12 Pat Howard, 11 Ashton Hewitt ©, 10 Arwel Robson, 9 Charlie Davies; 1 Luke Garrett, 2 Liam Belcher, 3 Lloyd Fairbrother, 4 Matthew Screech, 5 Rynard Landman, 6 Aaron Wainwright, 7 Ben Roach, 8 Huw Worthington.

Replacements; Gerard Ellis, Thomas Davies, Brok Harris, Scott Andrews, Lennon Greggains, Owain Leonard, Angus O’Brien, Adam Warren.

Can anyone enlighten as to the strength of Newport?

j1ll
j1ll (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 12:25
Quote:
Chris Hoddle

It's not a prem game so his continuous prem appearances record could still extend

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 12:26
Is that Pat Howard formally of this parish?

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 12:26
Who are Newport? Their name is officially just "Dragons".
Presumably a fishing expedition to annoy Eif?

There ain't no Sanity Clause

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:41
Quote:
Saint Jericho
Is that Pat Howard formally of this parish?

Indeed it is St. Jericho.

Again, the team looks strong enough on paper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 13:44 by ElySaint.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:35
Quote:
shendy
Who are Newport? Their name is officially just "Dragons".
Presumably a fishing expedition to annoy Eif?

Genuinely not, I did not realise that their name was only Dragons.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:10
Quote:
andysaint
Dragons:
15 Joe Goodchild, 14 Jared Rosser, 13 Joe Thomas, 12 Pat Howard, 11 Ashton Hewitt ©, 10 Arwel Robson, 9 Charlie Davies; 1 Luke Garrett, 2 Liam Belcher, 3 Lloyd Fairbrother, 4 Matthew Screech, 5 Rynard Landman, 6 Aaron Wainwright, 7 Ben Roach, 8 Huw Worthington.

Replacements; Gerard Ellis, Thomas Davies, Brok Harris, Scott Andrews, Lennon Greggains, Owain Leonard, Angus O’Brien, Adam Warren.

Can anyone enlighten as to the strength of Newport?

Hope this helps

[www.dragonsrugby.wales]

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:38
James Grayson getting naff all game time against the 4th welsh region. We feel it is more appropriate that one of our veterans, who we know all about, should start this dead rubber.

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:48
who are Newport ? that is still a controversy because if i remember rightly the region was formed by the " merger " of Newport , and other clubs but there was some resentment at the time which carried over for some years.

They were known firstly as Newport Gwent Dragons - but have apparently now metamorphosed into just Dragons.

incidentally the first grown up rugby match I ever saw was when I was about 9 yrs old ( now 74 ), and was taken to Rodney parade by my Dad and uncle to watch Newport ( playing in their traditional black and amber hoops ) against the Scottish club Watsonians. It was the traditional boxing day fixture.Boxing day

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 16:46
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
James Grayson getting naff all game time against the 4th welsh region. We feel it is more appropriate that one of our veterans, who we know all about, should start this dead rubber.

Dead rubber?

Scrummy
Scrummy (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:53
Not a dead rubber but I’d still like to see James Grayson start with the experience of Myler in reserve on the bench.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:54
Not a dead rubber at all, we are top of this league!

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 19:26
Choice of Myler will make it hard for Stephenson and Hutchinson to excel.
Pity.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 21:57
Agree would like so see Grayson but sadly Jim won't take what he probably perceives to be a risk when he is desperately trying to save his job. A real shame as some of these players may very well show exactly what they are capable of !!!!
Oh and Nutley at 7 ... Hallelujah (how on earth has he not had more game time ?!!).

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:20
I think Nutters is actually better than Tom Wood now, which is not a criticism of Tom, its just that Nutters hasn't had a fair opportunity. Hope he plays to his potential.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 06:40
Have to agree on the Grayson / Myler argument. Making strides in the game is about confidence. The only way to gain that is being given the shirt and told to perform
Not coming in and having to chase a lost cause like last week
It is sad when you see Quinn’s Sarries and others introducing young players in key positions while we shy away

On Nutley he could play out of his skin and be MOM but still wouldn’t get in first team

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 07:05
Who saw the tigers game last night? Ok they lost but those kids played ever so well and in my opinion the side put out is what this competition should be about.

Saint For Life
Saint For Life (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 09:12
No comparison re Wood and Nutley in my opinion - would pick Wood every time . With Francis carrying an injury / in England squad will almost certainly need Myler for the more important next 2 league matches - he has hardly played this year and needs game time .

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 10:49
The Anglo Welsh is a dead rubber. Look at the teams Tigers and Bath put out last night, guaranteed you won’t have heard of half of them.

It’s Mickey Mouse, just play younger guys for experience like everyone else. Or play 33 year old vets

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:00
Wood hasn’t been s good player for about 3 years. He offers no carrying game, is really weak at the breakdown, doesn’t smash people in the tackle and seems to give away stupid penalties all the time.

Wood used to be one of my favourite players but it seem the tone with England ruined him, he lost weight and looked ineffectual.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:17
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Wood hasn’t been s good player for about 3 years. He offers no carrying game, is really weak at the breakdown, doesn’t smash people in the tackle and seems to give away stupid penalties all the time.
Wood used to be one of my favourite players but it seem the tone with England ruined him, he lost weight and looked ineffectual.

Certainly summed him up then !!

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 20:11
I wouldn’t go as far as the above but I would say that wood seems to have lost his identity a bit. What kind of player do we want him to be, do england want him to be does he want to be? What number is he? What is the focus? England, player, Saints? I think it’s a bit blurred. It’s a bit like Harrison, dropped by England and struggling to regain form.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 20:13
He was pretty good tonight...

Lamont4Saints
11 November, 2017 20:54
Quote:
Happywifehappylife

Against who exactly? A second string team from the welsh league???

Saint For Life
Saint For Life (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 21:01
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Quote:
Happywifehappylife

Stick to your view - I do not give a s.-% re your opinion . I personally rate him highly .

Waggydog
Waggydog (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 21:01
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Quote:
Happywifehappylife

Against Dragons. They play in the Pro14.

Lamont4Saints
11 November, 2017 22:01
Quote:
Saint For Life
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Quote:
Happywifehappylife

Stick to your view - I do not give a s.-% re your opinion . I personally rate him highly .

Calm down there hot shot. This is an Internet forum for sharing opinions you know.

So instead of getting your knickers in a twist, would you care to share what part of Toms game you rate so highly?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net