Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Saint Ted
Warriors v Saints
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:16
Currently 8 - 3 to the warriors, rob Horne in the bin and Francis on for Burrell for a HIA

HungryLikeTheWolf
Re: Warriors v Saints
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:21
15-3

Watched some of it online. Defence and mentality v poor. I feel for the players.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:23
I see it's now 15-3 to Wuss a few minutes before half time so maybe 6 defeats in the last 7 for Saints. Still we beat Dragons in the AW Cup, that's some consolation*. Hopefully if the result goes wrong here things might begin to happen. Here's hoping, still you never know a great comeback could be on the cards.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:23
I feel for the travelling fans.

Christoff
18 November, 2017 13:28
Quote:
SaintsAsh
I feel for the travelling fans.

Agreed but they're getting used to taking punishment. Bl00dy depressing. Still, I'm sure someone will come on telling us that everything is okay.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:30
This is appalling frankly we are an embarrassment against the side to have lost all 7 prior league matches. A mix of numerous players who in my opinion either do not warrant their place or are confusingly are being played out of position.I think this is one of the worst Saints sides I have ever seen regarding ball retention. We simply cannot look after the ball.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:30
Everything is okay. Another half yet.

Christoff
18 November, 2017 13:31
Quote:
BrianB
Everything is okay. Another half yet.

Thank god for that*

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:33
Why the despondency? with our Super rugby backs playing (Francis, Horne and Reinach) surely this is a given win in the second half?

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

HungryLikeTheWolf
18 November, 2017 13:36
As Robby Richmond rightly said on Twitter “this is a championship side”

On paper it’s stunning we could lose this game.

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:38
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
As Robby Richmond rightly said on Twitter “this is a championship side”
On paper it’s stunning we could lose this game.

To be honest, we haven't lost it "yet", although if we continue to cough the ball up in the second half and keep falling off tackles we will ;-)

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:40
As just stated elsewhere, that was the worst half of rugby I have seen in a very long while.

Estelles must really wonder what he has to do, to get picked ahead of Pisi. Horrendous errors both going forwards as well as in defence.

Just embarrassing.

GOD
Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:40
Lose this and I can't see where the next win is coming from frankly.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:42
Not really HLTW.
2 sixes, a non lock playing lock,, a non 8 plaing at 8, a tighthead who has never yet performed but keeps getting picked .... what is incredible is how the coaches continue to cling on during this downward spiral.
Per Mark Darbon,, we are looking to be the number1 side in Europe just for starters. Usually when one makes statements like that (I understand in his position that's necessary at times), they are prepared to make tough decisions ... might be time to make one !

HungryLikeTheWolf
18 November, 2017 13:43
Well let’s wait until full time but this be a piece of cake

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:45
We might still win this game, but for me being 15 3 down at half time to the bottom team just is not good enough.

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:51
And immediately we concede... This really is dismal listening

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:51
18 3

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:53
23 3

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:56
Depressing

Stevie Myler's right boot
18 November, 2017 13:57
Abject

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
23 8 thank god

Christoff
Waiting for a Jim classic at full time. Been ages since we've heard "we haven't turned into a bad team overnight". Begs an appropriate reply does that one!

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:58
Embarrassing. Relegation form.

GOD
Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:58
Switching off now just too excruciating last time we scoreda try here was 2013 apparently. I don't even feel shocked just resigned(Sm77)

17 stone bull
Bustabloodvessel (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:59
I bet Worcester didn’t think they would get a bonus point win but it’s happening.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 13:59
Wow hard crowd on here today :-) (no different to usual though is it)

18 November, 2017 14:07
Quote:
Pyffy
Wow hard crowd on here today :-) (no different to usual though is it)
Are you watching it?

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:10
Yes , are you?

18 November, 2017 14:13
Yes and we are clueless

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:15
It's getting near the stage where action will have to be taken. But I can guarantee you that Jim and Dorian are here for another 2 years. Mark Hopley will be thrown under the bus unfortunately

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:18
Quote:
Yes and we are clueless

Haven't said we are anything but, but the histrionics on here when we lose or play badly is (IMHO) amusing.

However everyone has a right to express their opinions, so each to their own ;-)

18 November, 2017 14:19
Not just defending our attack is abysmal
Every time we get the ball we just ship it down the line, no penetration, no committing defenders so when it gets to the winger there are 3-4 defenders
This is basics

Christoff
18 November, 2017 14:23
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Yes and we are clueless

Haven't said we are anything but, but the histrionics on here when we lose or play badly is (IMHO) amusing.

However everyone has a right to express their opinions, so each to their own ;-)

Still, you must be getting used to the histrionics then eh? There'll be plenty more until contract end date I expect.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:24
I guess Pyffy it's just each persons expectation. I have never expected us to win every game and having a few awful performances is of course part of sport. What really grates however is our complete lack of basic hamdling amd tackling that has been prevalent for years now. We try to tackle too high and therefore most teams make ground. Our handling (how many times do we hear knocked on by Saints) is frankly woeful. Lastly we are playing players out of position when there is no need to.
Still Harry will be the Saviour !!!

Heaf
Heaf (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:24
Quote:
rugbymel
Embarrassing. Relegation form.

It could be worse - you could be a London Irish supporter like me (Sm147)

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:26
After Burrell went off early doors the backs just haven't had any go forward.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:27
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Yes and we are clueless

Bizarre comment that Pyffy, because we have been losing for what three seasons now.
Still you find it amusing so happy days for you. Some of us find it a painful experience.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:29
I was hopeful of a result but am not surprised in defeat. I will go to the games and enjoy my day out but I don’t get angry hurt or disappointed if we lose. As the board is seemingly so unwilling or unable to deal with the problems at the playing side at the club I see very little point in getting emotionally attached.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:31
Thats a sad but sensible response Andy.

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:32
Leopards don't change their spots so this forum would be no different if we lifted a cup this term.

As to expectations? I expect us to win every game, however my crying about losing or playing badly on an internet forum won't A) change the result or cool smiley make me feel any better.

As to handling? our centers are both "Super rugby players" and still can't work out how to pass or tackle.

As to Harry, he will be a great Full back but is a so-so flyhalf and center, so no not a savior, unlike of course "Tom Collins or JPE" who those in the "Know" tell us do walk on water.

All IMHO of course.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:36
Blimey so your expectations couldn't be higher ... I never expected that to be honest from your prior posts!

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:36
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Yes and we are clueless

Pyffy you are so very fortunate to feel anything other than dis-satisfied about such a performance but the opposite view to yours is not histrionic. I might add that comments on Radio Northampton are more similar to the "histrionics" you refer to than to the lack of concern you express

Did anyone genuinely think the outcome to this match would be any different ?

Does anyone genuinely think the Board will be anything other than complacent ?

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:37
Quote:
ch saint
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Yes and we are clueless

Bizarre comment that Pyffy, because we have been losing for what three seasons now.
Still you find it amusing so happy days for you. Some of us find it a painful experience.

Why bizarre? I have been a saints supporter for 40 years and always feel bemused when people take the winning and losing of our sporting team personally enough to feel real embarrassment rather than the faux emotions often bandied about on here. I do understand it, but it does nothing for me as this is an internet forum and not a self help group.

St. Andy
St. Andy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:38
Did we win the second half again?

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:41
A marvellous finish - second yellow, so red, for Horne and then a BP try for Worcester.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:41
https://i.imgur.com/0eLCuZ2.png

St. Andy
St. Andy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:42
Nope lost the 2nd half as well

18 November, 2017 14:42
Quote:
Robby Richmond
https://i.imgur.com/0eLCuZ2.png
Disrespectful to clowns tbh

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:43
Listened to this on internet before coming home next week after six months away and so dismal to listen to.

Somebody in this management system or directors needs to get tough and do something with this team because it sounds like we got beat here today by a passionate Worcester side that have done nothing all season but made us look like a 2nd class outfit.

Individually these players are class, as a team they are clueless and nothing is bonding together at all

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:44
What an absolute joke we are.
I struggle to even keep up with the games on line nowadays.
Absolute tosh!

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:44
Quote:
tedge
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Yes and we are clueless

Pyffy you are so very fortunate to feel anything other than dis-satisfied about such a performance but the opposite view to yours is not histrionic. I might add that comments on Radio Northampton are more similar to the "histrionics" you refer to than to the lack of concern you express

Did anyone genuinely think the outcome to this match would be any different ?

Does anyone genuinely think the Board will be anything other than complacent ?

I guess I am Tedge and as I said everyone is entitled to an opinion and if the posts that will no doubt follow yet another bad loss will prove, there will be plenty of histrionics from people telling us this or that player is not good enough, everyone from the ball boys up should be sacked and that they will be burning their season tickets and never darkening Franklin's Gardens again.

Isn't life grand.!!

Anyways I am off to Higham Ferrers X-mas market now to enjoy a little pre-xmas festive spirit.

Have a good evening everyone. :-)

Christoff
18 November, 2017 14:51
Continuing nice use of the word histrionics if I may say so. Clear from the posts on here that yours is the minority view. Clearly you are entitled to your view. If the histrionics on here are replicated amongst Saints supporters generally then probability would suggest that the vast majority of Saints fans are sick of things. Look at Facebook if you want to see "proper" histrionics.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:51
Tedge, I thought we would win even though the team selection was dodgy.
How stupid that expectation was.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:53
Quote:
Pyffy
this or that player is not good enough, :-)

IMO the tragedy is that the players ARE good enough - the problem lies firmly elsewhere.

Enjoy your market.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:56
Personally, I am coming to the conclusion that the players we have are not good enough and with some, there is an over inflated view of how good they are.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 14:57
Where has our desire and passion gone?
I won’t critique individuals, but as a team we are lost.
There is nothing in our last few games that suggests that we have anything more than a squad of guys who want to take the salary and nothing else.

How’s about making remuneration linked to success? Then they might give a toss!

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:00
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Continuing nice use of the word histrionics if I may say so. Clear from the posts on here that yours is the minority view. Clearly you are entitled to your view. If the histrionics on here are replicated amongst Saints supporters generally then probability would suggest that the vast majority of Saints fans are sick of things. Look at Facebook if you want to see "proper" histrionics.

Just on way out so just a quickie before I go. This post alone has 2188 views and only 55 replies, I am guessing more people read rather than post these days so I guess that many more people may agree with me rather than rock the boat and post anything but negativity. But if I am in the minority so be it, won't be the first time and I won't be losing any sleep over it.

As to histrionics , here is a definition for you

histrionic

noun
plural noun: histrionics
melodramatic behaviour designed to attract attention.

I guess that may sum up some of the posts on this forum, don't you?

TTFN!!

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:02
Quote:
TringSaint
There is nothing in our last few games that suggests that we have anything more than a squad of guys who want to take the salary and nothing else.

I asked this of Jim on Tuesday night, he apparently can see plenty of it and questioned why I frowned at his response

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:07
Quote:
Saint Ted
Quote:
TringSaint

I asked this of Jim on Tuesday night, he apparently can see plenty of it and questioned why I frowned at his response

I would say that if he ignores training and makes his assessment based on match day performances then he might have a very diffeeent view (probably the same view that we do!!)

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:08
Quote:
Pyffy
This post alone has 2188 views and only 55 replies, I am guessing more people read rather than post these days so I guess that many more people may agree with me rather than rock the boat and post anything but negativity.

More readers than posters has always been the case on every forum - you can't assume they all agree with you!

There ain't no Sanity Clause

Christoff
18 November, 2017 15:11
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
smitferbrainz

Just on way out so just a quickie before I go. This post alone has 2188 views and only 55 replies, I am guessing more people read rather than post these days so I guess that many more people may agree with me rather than rock the boat and post anything but negativity. But if I am in the minority so be it, won't be the first time and I won't be losing any sleep over it.

As to histrionics , here is a definition for you

histrionic

noun

I guess that may sum up some of the posts on this forum, don't you?

TTFN!!

No, not really. The posts are just frustrated people expressing their opinions of frustration. Well mine are anyway. Personally I don't agree that me expressing my honest opinions to be melodramatic and, if they are I have no intention of attracting attention. I just want Saints to be something like they were a few years ago and not what they've been mounded into over the last 3 years by incompetent coaching. Melodramatic? Maybe. Not sure I care either way because I doubt either the board nor lead coach will do owt about it.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:15
I'll put figures up another time but we have more people posting now than we have had for a while, turns out playing badly and Louis picamoles generate a lot of posts and traffic!

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:27
How horribly predictable. Another familar aberration on Hopley’s defensive record. I’ve held my nerve with the set up until now. I could not care less if Mallinder / West / Hopley were not in charge any longer. We simply cannot get worse. I just hope the new CEO and Chairman have some balls. Will not hold my breath.

HungryLikeTheWolf
18 November, 2017 15:30
It’s just not good enough

Simple as that

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:32
Its a bad day. Not even enjoying Wales struggling against Georgia!

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:36
histrionic

noun

Listening to that match today that could be applied to the team because as a performance it was certainily melodramatic and it definitely attracted attention, unfortunately yet again for ALL the wrong reason!!!!!

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:37
I desperately wan't to get behind the coaches, but I am finding it very very hard to keep my resolve.

Christoff
18 November, 2017 15:42
Quote:
SaintsAsh
I desperately wan't to get behind the coaches, but I am finding it very very hard to keep my resolve.

Can't criticise your resolve. Lost my resolve a long time ago. Fortunately for some our board have resolve to die for.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:00
69 and counting

What’s the difference?

Respective posts on the past 3 games

Lose
Win
Lose

We really are a fickle lot! The usual tripe wouldn’t be so bad if we celebrated a win as much as we revel in losing. I’ve come to the conclusion that actually we enjoy losing because it gives us all something to moan about

18 November, 2017 16:04
Quote:
Walks11
69 and counting

What’s the difference?

Lose
Win
Lose

We really are a fickle lot! The usual tripe wouldn’t be so bad if we celebrated a win as much as we revel in losing. I’ve come to the conclusion that actually we enjoy losing
because it gives us all something to moan about
Look at the opposition for the win
Nuff said

Christoff
18 November, 2017 16:07
Quote:
Quote:
Walks11
69 and counting

What’s the difference?

Lose
Win
Lose

We really are a fickle lot! The usual tripe wouldn’t be so bad if we celebrated a win as much as we revel in losing. I’ve come to the conclusion that actually we enjoy losing
because it gives us all something to moan about
Look at the opposition for the win
Nuff said

Totally right. Come on, a win at home in the AW against NG Dragons......really?

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:14
Sorry Walks but you are comparing the response when we beat a weak team, to when we lose to a weak team.
Apples and pears.

GOD
Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:15
5 points for wuss eh? nice early christmas present courtesy of Saints Championship side..OK the coaches take some of the can but surely proffesional rugby players know how to pass catch the ball tackle and make sensible decisions under pressure or maybe clearly not. Cue Jim saying "we havn't become a bad team overnight" No its taken a long slow slip over the last 30 months or so.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:26
Just back from the match having made a quick getaway at the final whistle.

On Tuesday last week I heard some trite remarks from Jim Mallinder about passion and guts. Well, today I saw a display of pride, commitment, passion and guts from Worcester Warriors. They will continue to struggle, they may well be in a relegation fight to the last game...ironically at the Gardens, but today they deserved each and every one of their five points.

Some day soon, somebody is going to show some guts at the Gardens...resignation or termination of contract, take your choice.

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:12
Quote:
shendy
Quote:
Pyffy
This post alone has 2188 views and only 55 replies, I am guessing more people read rather than post these days so I guess that many more people may agree with me rather than rock the boat and post anything but negativity.

More readers than posters has always been the case on every forum - you can't assume they all agree with you!

Just back from our walk.

Shendy why do you assume that I meant everyone of those who do not post agrees with me? when quite obviously I just posited that maybe more people agreed with me than the minority of "Me, myself and I" suggested by Smitz, however maybe they don't fancy sticking their necks out and face scrutiny from the current crop of regular posters. To me it appears there are far more viewers than posters on here recently, however I am sure Ted can give us the true figures and % of reads to posts. However unless the regular posters are all popping in and out about 40 times each I would guess the figures do support the notion that a large percentage of readers don't post. However IMHO this forum may seem unwelcoming to anyone who bucks the current trend of negativity. Agreed it's hard to find positives when we are constantly on the receiving end of a beating but if you don't try you will never succeed. Nothing has changed at the club this season as far as halting a decline and nothing will until it does and no amount twoing and froing on here will make a difference, except to allow some people's angst to be sated.

C'est la vie.

NorthSaint
NorthSaint (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:50
Hi All,

New to the forum, long time reader and inspired by the post above to sign up and contribute. I've been going now for around 15 years and I would say i'm one of the younger generation of Saints fans. I have always been one to check the forum as a way of gauging other Saints fans opinions about the games, as the majority of my Saints pals no longer live local and are therefore unable to attend the games, so it's good in that respect. I've never been one to post as I find that my opinions are often well documented by other posters and often I feel like my comments probably wouldn't add much to debate and I would probably bet that a lot of the other readers of this forum feel the same.

Unfortunately though, currently i'm in the times up for Jim & Dorian camp. Today was the last straw for me, we've lost to a team who were bottom of the league, winless AND to rub salt in the wounds they managed to grab themselves a bonus point. I've been longing for Jim and Co to turn this around for a while now, and I genuinely believed we could after the good run we put together after the drubbing at HQ. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that way and we're back to abject performances with no bottle from the players on the pitch. I'll continue to drag myself to the Gardens week in week out to lend my support, but i'm not expecting any miracles.

I hope my contributions aren't always this negative in the future!

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:55
Welcome North Saint, honest but fair.

Christoff
18 November, 2017 18:27
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
shendy
Quote:
Pyffy

Just back from our walk.

Shendy why do you assume that I meant everyone of those who do not post agrees with me? when quite obviously I just posited that maybe more people agreed with me than the minority of "Me, myself and I" suggested by Smitz, however maybe they don't fancy sticking their necks out and face scrutiny from the current crop of regular posters. To me it appears there are far more viewers than posters on here recently, however I am sure Ted can give us the true figures and % of reads to posts. However unless the regular posters are all popping in and out about 40 times each I would guess the figures do support the notion that a large percentage of readers don't post. However IMHO this forum may seem unwelcoming to anyone who bucks the current trend of negativity. Agreed it's hard to find positives when we are constantly on the receiving end of a beating but if you don't try you will never succeed. Nothing has changed at the club this season as far as halting a decline and nothing will until it does and no amount twoing and froing on here will make a difference, except to allow some people's angst to be sated.

C'est la vie.

To be fair Pyffy I agree with a lot of this post. At least you say it is difficult to find any positives, I can see very very few if any. You're also quite right to say nothing posted on here will make any difference. However if it makes posters feel better to vent their frustration amongst some who agree then at least it may make some difference to them. I know it won't make any difference. In my opinion changes are vital but there won't be any so I just hope we can get a bit better. I guess I feel that it's likely that our DoR and his forwards coach get good money, very good money but they're clearly made of teflon and they appear to be doing very little to earn it. I'm not convinced that the players are convinced about them either.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 18:31
Wow. Missed the game as was at work. Picked up a minute or so radio Northampton to hear Lenny newman berating the apparent effort levels. Don't mind losing but a bonus point defeat to the bottom side doesn't suggest we did much right. We probably have enough points to stay up is my only positive unless those that were at the game can tell me otherwise?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net