lost in duston (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:22
Because they’re our side

Hantsaintsrus4
Re: Foden says "stick with us"
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:25
I am not "fickle"
3 years is a long time to see a team in decline.
I am not fickle, I'm sad about the position we are in with no sign at all of change.

Saint in Florida
Saint in Florida (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 16:14
Because they are indeed 'my side'. I have been supporting them through thick and thin for twenty odd years, not just when they were winning!

Is that a good enough reason?

If you just want to follow the current 'top' side then I guess you will just have to change your allegiances or move town every few years to make sure you are always on the 'winning' side! Simple!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2017 16:17 by Saint in Florida.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 18:18
Quote:
Saint in Florida
Because they are indeed 'my side'. I have been supporting them through thick and thin for twenty odd years, not just when they were winning!
Is that a good enough reason?

If you just want to follow the current 'top' side then I guess you will just have to change your allegiances or move town every few years to make sure you are always on the 'winning' side! Simple!

I’m 30 odd years and others on here are longer, so what? Suggesting any Saints fan is a glory supporter is creative thinking at best. It’s because some of us are such big supporters that we want us to do well, not just average.

Think of guys like Chris Hoddle who travels all over the country, commutes from up north. Unbelievably brilliant supporter.... he deserves better both as recognition from the club and output from the team.

Merlin-k
Merlin-k (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 18:48
I think he is saying that the game is fickle, not the supporters. The turn from winning to loosing is where it is fickle, or vice versa. I don’t think the team have ever questioned the supporters.

Saint in Florida
24 November, 2017 21:53
HLTW - You may well have been supporting for longer than I have but you have only recently become a vociferous supporter on this site, shouting down lots of others with their own valid views in lots of instances in my personal opinion. My own supporting days have seen the Saints through thick and thin, not just the winning ones, and I attended because I loved and supported the team not just because they won. You may support for different reasons – your choice. You joined this site apparently on the 1st March this year and since then posted copiously – great, but still do not rubbish those of us who have been members and posting for so much longer just because we have opposing views. Be respectful.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 00:10
With respect Saint in Florida your passive aggressive post was exactly what you’ve accused of me.

You say anyone who complains about the team doing poorly should go and support another team! I would politely suggest you heed your own advice.

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 08:12
Quote:
Merlin-k
I think he is saying that the game is fickle, not the supporters. The turn from winning to loosing is where it is fickle, or vice versa. I don’t think the team have ever questioned the supporters.

Their relationship with the supporters does carry a certain "fair-weather" sense about it though, doesn't it?

I haven't attended a game for a long time now, given my location, but a frequent complaint from those who do, particularly when travelling, is the absence of crowd appreciation from the squad - one or two players notable by their exception to this.

Saint in Florida
25 November, 2017 08:15
If only you did respect other views, would be a major step forward for us all. You always want the last word and don't seem to listen or heed others views. The original poster asked a question, I gave my response and my 'one good reason' then get attacked by you saying I not a good enough supporter. I for one am now done with you and your sanctimonious posts.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 08:53
This is exactly why we now have a sticky at the top of the message board.

Saint in Florida made a good and reasonable response to the OP, whilst I get the gist of your post HLTW I can also see how SIF has taken it

Have a think about what your posting and how it could come across

Now I’m massively hungover and am getting dragged around wedding venues this morning so if everybody could just get along for a few hours, that would be great

stjj
stjj (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 10:41
Because that’s what supporters do?

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 10:47
Quote:
stjj
Because that’s what supporters do?

Exactly Stijl. Even the “big” ones!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net