Current Page: 2 of 2

Walks11
Re: Sale - Saints
Walks11 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 14:35
Quote:
fleetg
Couldn't disagree more.
"Off you go young man show us what you can do. By the way we don't trust you or have enough faith in you to take place kicks even though you do it for the Wanderers : Myler ? No actually it's Harry"
Really !!!

I doubt the lad is quite that arrogant! Rightly or wrongly Harry was first choice kicker at the start of the season and has kicked ahead of Francis when he played who was first choice kicker for the Blues so not a great surprise Harry was kicking. And with all due respect playing for the Wanderers is a little different to an away first team outing at Sale. His time will come soon enough

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 14:46
Don't think anyone has mentioned, in the last 3 minutes when the ref came back for a penalty for us just outside the 22m and our team were pleading for the advantage that would have given a 5m lineout.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Chris1850
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 16:51
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Don't think anyone has mentioned, in the last 3 minutes when the ref came back for a penalty for us just outside the 22m and our team were pleading for the advantage that would have given a 5m lineout.

By coming back for the penalty he gave you the opportunity to take the 3 points or a fairly simple kick to touch for a 5m lineout anyway (albeit on the other side of the pitch).if he had simply played the advantage you wouldn't have had the 3 point option and the way your lineout had been going he perhaps felt you might have wanted that opportunity to level the score.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 17:33
When was the last time ( excluding Anglo Welsh ) that we scored from. 5m lineout
How many have we taken that failed

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 20:28
Chris H
On the radio Lenny mentioned that the Sale scrum was on average 1 stone per player heavier than ours, but his commentary was that our scrum held up well.
Chris did you see it like that?

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:12
The scrum went pretty well to be honest. Sale attacked Mikey whilst we tried, often successfully to drive them up. It was a good battle.

Cransley Saint
Cransley Saint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:17
Quote:
ch saint
Chris H
On the radio Lenny mentioned that the Sale scrum was on average 1 stone per player heavier than ours, but his commentary was that our scrum held up well.
Chris did you see it like that?
Our scrum was on par and best I have seen this term. Penalties given out with random precision by a ref who was obviously an ex scrum half. Thought Hill added umph when he came on. Think Waller, Hartley, Hill with Courts and Pato in the engine room will help on Friday. Centres and wings were pretty anonymous, personally would have Horne and A.N Other at centre and put Foden at full back who has played well when needed this season

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:46
Thanks for your view Robbie/Cransley
Colin (Beano) Deans was very complimentary to Mikey and thinks he brings more to the team than Dyls.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:49
Indeed the scrum went well.
Was interesting when Ford Robinson "had his rest" and Paul Hill came on we won a penalty on their scrum.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net