rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Hollywood JK
Isnít it about time we heard from our Board!?
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 21:12
Well another loss.. Itís looks like another year when the season will be over before Xmas, with no prospect of knock out stages of Europe, Anglo Welsh unlikely, and the Premiership disappearing fast with 4 consecutive losses! Moreover, letís be honest a squad that has no chance of seriously challenging for silverware!! Now our world class winger is leaving the end of the season, would George North really have left a competitive winning team? Will Lawes be next??

Our Chairman and CEO should share their thoughts, views on our current position and performances!! Tony Hewitt and Allan Robson were weak and did not hold the coaches or team accountable, and I fear this is being repeated with the new leadership....

Their job is to take tough decisions, not just be spectators. Some of these decisions wonít be nice, but Iím sorry if our Chairman and CEO donít set the highest standards, expectations, what hope do we have...

For three seasons now weíve watched poor performances and poor results, something dramatic has to change..

At some point, they have to explain why theyíve allowed our team and club fall so far backwards, it really is not acceptable, they are failing the supporters....(Sm9)

tedge
Re: Isnít it about time we heard from our Board!?
tedge (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 21:24
Unfortunately there is only one board member who would have the temerity to speak publicly in such a way as you ask and, sadly these days he seems to be fairly peripheral to events

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 21:42
More concerned about the Ashes ? (Sm103)

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 21:57
Do the board *have* to explain themselves? If you feel that strongly, tty and call an EGM - if you're a shareholder.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 22:29
When you say Anglo Welsh unlikely, you know we are top of our group?

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 22:40
Yes George would have left come what may. Domestic situation and Gatland have been telling factors rather than Saints IMO

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 23:01
Yes but let's not hide from the fact we are going backwards & he wanted out.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 23:15
We have heard from our board.
I am very much looking forward to Saints becoming the number 1 club in Europe for starters as stated by Mr Darbon otherwise I assume the board will consider they have failed. I assume they may eventually consider chages need to happen on the pitch in order to get there but perhaps not. To be fair, I don't recall any statement re timeline for this to be achieved so it could be in the next 100 years or so !!

BletchleySaint
Saint (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 23:18
Oh come on Hollywood didnít you read St Teds message about quality of posts

There simply isnít need for such language

XMAS

what is the world coming to !

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 08:09
Quote:
St.Sinner
Yes but let's not hide from the fact we are going backwards & he wanted out.
those two state,ents are not mutually exclusive. He wanted out and we are going backwards not because we are going backwards

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 08:19
Quote:
BletchleySaint
Oh come on Hollywood didnít you read St Teds message about quality of posts
There simply isnít need for such language

XMAS

what is the world coming to !

I think he means Christmas BS (Sm30)

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 10:05
What statements could the board make at this juncture? They could come out in support of the coaches. They did earlier in the season I think, but perhaps by staying silent now it signals a change in their position on this? If they do still maintain support for the current staff they could reiterate this I suppose.

Perhaps theyíve given an ultimatum to some of the coaches. Is it the proper thing to do to air this? Probably not.

Maybe theyíre already negotiating with or have agreed a deal with new coaching staff, and arenít going to say anything until the time is right for both parties.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 10:12
We will be paying off the loan for the new stand at £600 000 per year for the next 15 years?
That works out to be a top class player we can not afford.
Any change in Staff would result in a further pay out and there wouldn't be anyone available mid season to take over.
Early on in the season someone suggested (it may have been rugby on line?) That Mr West was off to Newcastle at the end of the season.

Yesterday I saw a team that seemed to want to play for each other and looked determined.

Maybe when the 17 players we were missing yesterday are available again, things will begin to brighten up?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 12:15
Have you seen the league table? We are not that far off top 4, the season is not over yet.

Cransley Saint
Cransley Saint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 13:31
Josh Bassett anyone?

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 16:25
Of course, the necessary changes may well have been made. It may be necessary to maintain confidentiality as going public could harm either the mover or the current jobs of new staff.

The board are under no illusions that all is rosy in the Gardens. However, theyíll tell us when the time is right.

Now stop fretting and get on and enjoy life!

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 16:49
Quote:
Stockers
Of course, the necessary changes may well have been made. It may be necessary to maintain confidentiality as going public could harm either the mover or the current jobs of new staff.
The board are under no illusions that all is rosy in the Gardens. However, theyíll tell us when the time is right.

Is that speculation, supposition, truth or wishful thinking Stockers ?

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 17:19
Quote:
tedge
Quote:
Stockers

None of those Tedge, just a knowledge of how these things often work, both in sport and in business.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 17:42
Quote:
Stockers
Quote:
tedge
Quote:
Stockers

None of those Tedge, just a knowledge of how these things often work, both in sport and in business.

That would be speculation then; anyway I hope you are right

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net