rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

TimperleySaint
Estelles
TimperleySaint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 18:01
Due to unforseen circumstances I was not in Manchester in the one weekend saints came to town so missed the match.

From reading the posts it seems saints played well enough but were undone by yellow cards (deserved?) and a decision not to go for the points at the end.

A lot of us have called for Estelles to play so just wondering how he got on? Attack? Defence?

saintsnuttall
Re: Estelles
saintsnuttall (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 20:14
i think he should have been playing from the start of the season has the skill and desire to do well week in week out

Saint For Life
Saint For Life (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:10
Estelles played ok BUT imho not a performance to guarantee selection next week . More impressed in the backs with TS .

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:10
I'm sorry to say that that Yarde had him on toast and botched 2 tries against him.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 08:04
I remember the pedestal James Wilson was placed on when he couldnít get into the first team
When he did eventually get in his performances didnít match the hype
I donít think the coaches are that bad ( Dickens will be having a big say on who is selected in the backs) that they are missing a great talent

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 08:35
I suspect Estelles could benefit hugely from a run of games......whether he is ever likely to get that is another matter completely.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 08:40
Quote:
Mobbs
I suspect Estelles could benefit hugely from a run of games......whether he is ever likely to get that is another matter completely.

In fairness that would probably apply to a good number of saints players

nottsaint
nottsaint (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 09:46
he did ok, he got his hands on the ball a fair amount, and didn't do anything "great" with it.
equally, he didn't do much bad....

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 09:51
Unfortunately he did spill a high ball when under no pressure. Fortunately the ref ruled that it went backwards and the Sale players were so far away that we recovered. However it was very wet and cold out there, something that made handling tricky all night.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 09:58
We have the perfect opportunity to find out what he can do. North is injured and leaving anyway. Our only nailed on winger is Tom Collins. We know enough about Ken, Jamie is injured. So stick with Estelles for a few weeks and give him a shot. He has a great step, pivots out of contact well and is fast.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 11:23
Quote:
saintsnuttall
i think he should have been playing from the start of the season has the skill and desire to do well week in week out

Really? You would have picked him ahead of TC who was on fire at the start of the season or marquee british lion

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 11:41
If the Saints were restricted to a fixed number of non-English qualified players then having a player such as Estelles would be a waste of that regulation. So many of the Saints non-English recruitment have been much like Estelles, bit part players, where they should be signed to help the Saints conquer the League.

Whiston Saint
Whiston Saint (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:19
Some things in life can be relied on ........you being one of them Eif.

How have the Harlem Globetrotters aka Wales been doing in the Autumn Internationals?

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 15:24
Eif actually maybe making a good point, do Argentinians come under the Kolpak ruling, if not then we are limited to who he can be in the team with, Rob Horne for example is classed as a 'Foreign Player', the samoan boys aren't but not sure about the boys from Fiji

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:04
All Pacific Islanders, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga etc would be Kolpak; Argentinians definitely not as are not Aussies and Kiwis. South Africans are, not sure about Georgians.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:18
That being the case then Tedge, the only two 'foreign' players we have are Horne and Estelles

I've looked it up and you can have two 'foreign' players on the pitch at the same time

So we don't have an issue there

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 20:46
Quote:
Saint Ted
That being the case then Tedge, the only two 'foreign' players we have are Horne and Estelles
I've looked it up and you can have two 'foreign' players on the pitch at the same time

Ma'afu

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:01
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
Saint Ted

Ma'afu

Heís Fijian, mate. Kolpak.

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 07:37
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
Saint Ted

Ma'afu

Is he still with us? What a waste of money.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 18:33
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
Saint Ted

Ma'afu

PLays for Fiji, but born in Aus. Which passport does he hold?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net