MESSAGES->author
Bath go back to the drawing board over The Rec
Stockers (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 13:09

LaurieK
Re: Bath go back to the drawing board over The Rec
LaurieK (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 14:14
Not sure about the title Stockers. They have shown commitment to the Rec for quite a while and to my knowledge have had a vision on how the developments can be realised. It seems like a next step forward. Not expecting a quick decision though.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:49
Quote:
LaurieK
Not sure about the title Stockers. They have shown commitment to the Rec for quite a while and to my knowledge have had a vision on how the developments can be realised. It seems like a next step forward. Not expecting a quick decision though.

According to the BBC, "The club said "given the passage of time" it has abandoned a previous design proposal drawn up in 2013."

Looks like back to the drawing board to me Laurie!

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:57
Sounds like people will get wet at the Rec for the forseeable future then...........

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 16:20
Well it is in a dry part of the country tongue sticking out smiley

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 17:36
I can only try to guess at the reaction to this from the Bath supporters I know.

The only people who have stood in the way of Bath Rugby developing the ground have been the Charity Commissioners. A few transient folk in the flats nearby were troublesome but are so transient as to be almost irrelevant to everyone but planners.

I suspect this is an attempt to start "afresh".

LaurieK
LaurieK (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 17:57
Sorry Jonathan, I'd missed that bit. Back to the drawing board then.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 00:06
Quote:
Stockers
Quote:
LaurieK

According to the BBC, "The club said "given the passage of time" it has abandoned a previous design proposal drawn up in 2013."

Looks like back to the drawing board to me Laurie!

If it looks that way to you, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bath haven't just been sitting on their hands since 2013. There are external factors that are delaying proceedings, nothing to do with Bath, but it's taken so long the club have worked on a fresh vision in the mean time. Good thing too, the new proposal is very impressive.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:42
I've only just realised the biggest change in all of this - and presumably the reason why planning is going back to start again from scratch...

The new and final ruling on ownership of the land means that the East Stand doesn't need to be temporary anymore - so an entire stadium can be built, coherently, with room to fill in later, and with differing pitch surfaces. It can also be built as tall and as high a capacity as planning will allow; with as many in-built businesses (AKA conference facilities as well as shops etc) as planning allow - rather than restricted by charitable law anymore.

This means that design is a whole new ball game from anything that went before.

If the 3 fiends had let this go a few years ago, they'd have ended up with a stadium much more to their liking. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net