Simple not Premiership
Big daddy 3 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:35
Just admit we are not a top flight team anymore

jdusty964
Re: Simple not Premiership
jdusty (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 00:55
If we are not a top flight team then we will end in the Championship next season! I don't see that happening it has not been our best season so far but at the same time we are not that far behind the pack.

If we are still languishing in the bottom three come February then I may agree with you but right now I remain optimistic for the rest of this season.

The schoster
The schoster (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 06:25
On the basis of our current form and what is coming up over the next month or so we really are relaxation prospects ?

The schoster
The schoster (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 06:27
Should have read relagation. Dam those predictive text things

DuncanS
DuncanS (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 07:46
Try again.

Former Hollywood Saint
02 December, 2017 08:24
If we went down, weíd annihilate everyone again.

We are a Premiership team - just currently not a very good one!

FHS

Covbryan
Covbryan (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 08:29
Before dismissing this view of mine please think realistically,
I believe that maybe if we need a clean slate a little trip into the championship may not be a bad thing.
We could clear out personnel we no longer need,I will not name them,out of courtesy,but obviously does include the DOR and his sidekick.
Board to start looking at,and speaking to,possible replacements,
Yes,it could cost us revenue etc etc.but,and I do repeat,think about it,this could be a solution,would be interested in others views.
In the meantime we can but hope for improvement,but from where I do not know.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 09:03
A trip to the championship would spell disaster. Last time, we did not have clubs spending well beyond their means and the amount of foreign player movement so we could get back on relatively level terms. I also doubt the club would have the support of the fans. It doesnít bear worth thinking about. We canít keep up as it is let along slipping further.

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 09:34
The Saints board should be on their knees thanking PRL that London Irish have as tough a run in as Saints at the back end of the season. We are a Premiership team but we are playing rugby that worked three or four years ago and no longer fits the mould. In simple terms the game has moved on but Saints have stagnated. Whether or not the coaches have run out of ideas is irrelevant because they do not have the courage to change the way the team is told to play. This is a bunker mentality in which any win will do. For a team that was top of the league at the end of September, the last three games should have been seen as three very winnable opportunities to consolidate at the very least a top six position.

Quite what they will do for the two games against Ospreys will be interesting as the pool is already a dead rubber for the club and the clear priority has to be the Premiership with three very, very tough games against Chiefs, Quins and Glaws next up. If the weather is poor next saturday evening the crowd could be minute by our standards.

Hopefully the media department will stop playing that excruciating video of players saying how wonderful a full house at the Gardens is because it is not that way anymore.

Stooperman
Stooperman (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 10:44
Quins fan in peace.

ITs astonishing how closely the fall, rise and fall again of our two clubs has parallelled each other. We're probably marginally worse than you right now! The game at HQ could be quite pivotal for both clubs, alhtough I think Irish will save both of us.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 10:44
Next four Premiership games; Exeter (h), Quins (a), Glos (h), and Bath (a). Going on form I really donít see us getting much out of these. Takes us to mid February and top 4 could be well out of sight by then. Iím going to the Rec this year so hope itís at least a good contest.

Stevie Myler's right boot
02 December, 2017 11:19
Quote:
ElySaint
Next four Premiership games; Exeter (h), Quins (a), Glos (h), and Bath (a). Going on form I really donít see us getting much out of these. Takes us to mid February and top 4 could be well out of sight by then. Iím going to the Rec this year so hope itís at least a good contest.
Top 4 is already gone immaterial of points diff Top 6 at best is all that is reasonably realistic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net