rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

tildesley
Quins parallels
tildesley (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 12:40
I've thought this for quite some time but does anyone think we are following the same path as Quins?

I mean ever since they won the Premiership, they've been a steady decline like us, they've lost key players and haven't replaced them, like us.

I suppose I'm concerned that they changed O'Shea, ok it wasn't forced if I remember right, but they are still playing poorly like us, are we 100% sure that replacing Jim is the best thing to do, with what I see as a lack of talent out there and available at the moment from the coaching pool?

Probably talking rubbish but after watching last night, just needed to say it to someone smiling smiley

Walks11
Re: Quins parallels
Walks11 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 12:53
I think itís a little bit of be careful what you wish for. Think most would agree some degree of change is required in one way or another. A change in DOR is one possibility but who would come in. Of course there is a list of ideal candidates that are probably either not interested or unavailable, so could end up in a worse position with a make do candidate. This goes for the other coaching positions too. You would hope if there is any possibility of the board making a decision on Jimís tenure that the search for a replacement has already begun

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:09
Well a certain coach was offered the job last year, only if others went. That didnít happen and so he took a job else where. There is no point now moving in the coaching team mid season. We donít know what the board are doing behiand the scenes. Letís just get behind the team. Support them. We have a duty like the players do. We need to start by doing our side of the bargain. Hopegully they will turn this around.

LaurieK
LaurieK (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:12
The points I keep coming back to are; have we poor players, are they playing to their potential, are we playing as a team. The answer to all three is 'No'. The conclusion for me is that there is a management issue. We can guess and we can speculate but we do not know what goes on prior to the game day.
But oddly we started the season with more style, more creativity and better results. It pointed to a new way. But a few defeats, bad defeats, awful defending, has blunted our attacking play. So for me the intent was there in September. But there appears to be downward spiral. A la Solomons. I hate it when great players look anonymous but that's what I'm seeing.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:35
Laurie completely agree with those observations, the dressing room is apparently lost. Worst than that players from other teams know it. Sad state of affairs.

Earnest Thrasher
Earnest Thrasher (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:16
Newcastleís previous game should have given the coaching team a perfect example of how to beat them.
Even with this the performance was ineffective and poor, simply not good enough.
We have to stop thinking of the Saints being a top 5 team, weíre not, mid to lower table is where we are and thatís the kind of performance we should expect now

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:45
Quins never replaced their key lost players or Connor. At least they identified that and started to sign some better players.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 22:19
Most of our newer players are doing well. Its the older players who seem to have lost there way.

Have they been kept on for too long?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net