rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board




MarchingIn
What's everyone up to next week?
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 17:37
I won't be at FG as I'm not an Ospreys fan & I don't expect there will be much to cheer for the rest of us.

I shall keep my season ticket safe and warm, and start turning up at the Gardens again when the team decide to.

Enough is enough.

£15 to rent a parking space for two hours, get a pint of London Pride & a bite to eat last night.

Next week, I shall park my backside on the sofa in the warm for free, eat beans on toast, and drown my sorrows with £15 worth of wine as Ospreys run up a cricket score.

 
Saintly Pursuit
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 17:54
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 17:54 by Saintly Pursuit.

 
tboullem
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Mobbs (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:12
watching the game back this afternoon - how Dylans 'first' was ruled out is beyond me. The empty seats in the Barwell were an embarrassment and the rest of the ground looked very thin in places. My inclination is to be there next week rather than waste my season ticket but if it is the same old team selection allied to poor weather, it may be a struggle...........and please Jim, don't tell us you are looking forward to the challenge !

 
herbie85
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
herbie85 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:42
Working....save me the pain of watching the game, although how interested ospreys will be I don't know.

 
St.Sinner
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:46
Won't see me till the 23rd against Exeter...
Boring things like Christmas shopping with the mrs have become more interesting than pulling my hair out over the Saints.

 
Lamont4Saints
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:00
Iím sure we will win the second half or take away some positives

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
OldPete (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:09
Depends on the weather - still, thawing out after last night - physically and mentally .

 
MarchingIn
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:38
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Iím sure we will win the second half or take away some positives

Haha!

I don't actually mind when Saints lose - if they play their hearts out for 80 minutes, you cannot hold it against them at all if they come up short.

But right now a lot of them look like they can't be arsed. We give the coaches a rough ride on here but what about the players? No amount of coaching or tactics can disguise a team that (with a couple of exceptions) looks like it is shirking the hits.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 21:31
Drive down to Northampton via Tamworth. Christmas lunch at the shovel and a walk to FG.
No choice between that and strictly



http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
serious_saint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 22:43
Flying back from a holiday in Australia, landing at 5.45am on Saturday morning. I'll be in my seat for kick off!

 
JohnI
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
JohnI (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 23:34
Down to Plymouth on Friday and driving back up Saturday but wonít be in any rush for a meaningless match after last night.

 
Eif Jones
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 02:48
The Ospreys are in an even worse state than Saints. Don't know how the Saints players and the coaches get on but there are rumours that things are not good between the two groups down in Swansea.

 
Scrummy
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Scrummy (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 10:05
Iíll be at The Gardens

 
Deesaint
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Deesaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 10:08
Shouting for saints
However frustrating it is at present
I wonít be turning my back on team I have supported since I was 6

 
Happywifehappylife
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 11:22
Working up in Wigan

 
Christoff
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 11:27
Watching on my TV in the NW Highlands. First Sky TV game that Saints have been involved in for ages. Two poor teams in a perceived meaningless game. Not a great lure to watch to be honest but I will watch. Either team could win it quite frankly. A defeat for Saints will make no difference unless we get a whooping because there'll be talk of "dead rubbers" and "does it matter as we're out anyway" and "we're just taking the chance to look at a few options" etc. One thing for me is that our league position cannot go further South for the next fortnight, that's the positive. The coaches can see to Southern movement continuing later this month.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 11:28
Working on Newcastle Falcons match, probably being ridiculed by colleagues for being a Saints supporter.

 
Longers
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Longers (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 13:05
I shall be watching on a hooky internet feed in the snow south of Toulouse - if it hasn't melted by then.

 
Box kick it
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Box kick it (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:19
Well after not renewing my season ticket after 16 years, I have paid a bit of my hard earned wonga to go to this one. Have nothing else on.

 
SimonG19
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 12:53
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.

That's because you are a supporter.

 
rugbymel
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
rugbymel (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:25
Iíll be at FG shouting myself hoarse as usual but more in hope than expectation these days. I suppose Saints will put in a good performance and win, as itís a dead rubber. COYS

 
MarchingIn
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 19:17
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.

That's because you are a supporter.

My ticket is paid whether I'm in FG or not.

What am I?

 
Longers
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Longers (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 07:53
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.

That's because you are a supporter.

Always good to get a smug one creep out and bring up the (true) supporter argument.

Sad fact is, there is very little in anyones' arguments for any other reason - such as reasonable quality rugby - to go and watch the Saints today.

 
Brackleysaint
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 12:19
I will be there, admittedly hoping for a result not expecting one at the minute, IMHO I just feel supporters deserting the team is not what they need at present even if we don't like what we are seeing, and no I'm not part of the happy clappy brigade nor someone who tries to define a true supporter.

 
Casual Saint
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 15:25
I'll be there, cheering the team on. Hoping to see signs of a reaction to last week and turn around in form. Being Saints they may even play frustratingly well.



Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

 
SimonG19
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 17:41
Quote:
Longers
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.

That's because you are a supporter.

Always good to get a smug one creep out and bring up the (true) supporter argument.

Sad fact is, there is very little in anyones' arguments for any other reason - such as reasonable quality rugby - to go and watch the Saints today.

At no point did I comment on anyone other than Saintly Pursuit and at no point did I mention true supporters. If you choose to read something else into my post then that is your problem.

Of which I suspect you have many.

 
Longers
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
Longers (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:13
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Longers
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.

That's because you are a supporter.

Always good to get a smug one creep out and bring up the (true) supporter argument.

Sad fact is, there is very little in anyones' arguments for any other reason - such as reasonable quality rugby - to go and watch the Saints today.

At no point did I comment on anyone other than Saintly Pursuit and at no point did I mention true supporters. If you choose to read something else into my post then that is your problem.

Of which I suspect you have many.

You may play semantics if you wish, but if you do, you should then refer to the real meaning o the word and re-visit the originally quoted post.

You will note the term supporter is a signifier. The implication of this is that those who carry a different view are not "supporters".

You might also choose to note, although you appear to have chosen not to that "true" is in parenthesis, indicating my own insertion. Another signifier.

Problems? Yes, I have many. Understanding the written word is not one of them.

 
SimonG19
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 14:50
Quote:
Longers
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Longers
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
I've enjoyed the good times. I'll endure the bad ones. I'll be there shouting loud if not particularly proud at the moment.

That's because you are a supporter.

Always good to get a smug one creep out and bring up the (true) supporter argument.

Sad fact is, there is very little in anyones' arguments for any other reason - such as reasonable quality rugby - to go and watch the Saints today.

At no point did I comment on anyone other than Saintly Pursuit and at no point did I mention true supporters. If you choose to read something else into my post then that is your problem.

Of which I suspect you have many.

You may play semantics if you wish, but if you do, you should then refer to the real meaning o the word and re-visit the originally quoted post.

You will note the term supporter is a signifier. The implication of this is that those who carry a different view are not "supporters".

You might also choose to note, although you appear to have chosen not to that "true" is in parenthesis, indicating my own insertion. Another signifier.

Problems? Yes, I have many. Understanding the written word is not one of them.

It's you who is playing semantics not me. I merely congratulated Saintly Pursuit on his support.

You chose to read something into it that I didn't say so you could insult me. Doesn't say much for you in my opinion but if you wish to publicly display your unpleasantness then that is entirely down to you.

Now there's plenty of room below for you to continue to show yourself up. But I won't be returning to read it because life is too short to bother with people like you.

 
MarchingIn
Re: What's everyone up to next week?
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 18:16
Looks like I wasn't the only one preferring to stay at home. Those who turned out are being rewarded with more dross by the sound of it.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?