03 December, 2017 16:48
So?

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/99/99_0_1202835632.jpg
*I could agree with you - but then we'd both be wrong...*

St.Sinner
Re: 10th
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:11
We'll be staying there with Exeter next up too! .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 17:12 by St.Sinner.

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:12
Yep, it’s not looking to get any better anytime soon either with Exeter Chiefs up next!

How times have changed. I used to fancy beating any team at the Gardens, not anymore...

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:14
Miseryguts...

Try being positive smiling smiley

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:14
The only way is up
Let’s hope so

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:16
Now that’s the spirit!

Come on you Saints !!!!

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:20
Quote:
Saint Dom
Now that’s the spirit!
Come on you Saints !!!!

I hope you are not referring to my post
From the way you have acted insulting other posters
I wouldn’t want to be associated
Thanks all the same

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:37
Mind you if Quins can beat Sarries at home Saints could beat Exeter at home although I won't be holding my breath

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:51
Deesaint, I am with you all the way.

The only way.

Up...

MESSAGES->author
Abington Adam (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:07
Quote:
tedge
Mind you if Quins can beat Sarries at home Saints could beat Exeter at home although I won't be holding my breath

If Exeter don't leave with 5 points in the bag then I'll be amazed, but stranger things have happened.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:15
Not surprised. First Saint in Florida then Saint Dom, ‘real supporters’ who are now getting abusive because they’re been proven wrong. Painful I’m sure. Like some of the old guard on here and various others are happy to dish it out when some can see the writing on the wall (but the wall has to covered in illuminous writing before they realise it). At that point there will be various personal and presumptive abuse dished out about being negative, you’ve never coached, etc etc..... but allowed under the pretence of ‘supporting the club’.

Now the wall is crumbling. Brussouw might bring some new bricks for a bit. Of course none will have the mental strength to say ‘jeez you Robby, Dee etc were spot on’ although it is the only tiny slither of emotional satisfaction I have from this situation.

We have a good squad. However the psychology of the players has gone, the culture is poor and the supporters can feel it. Other sides with worse squads are now better sides. Quins, Newcastle, Gloucester, Sale... IMHO all better.

This is an eye opener. I got a text from a northampton born and bred friend who lives in in the US now “what’s going on at Saints? Looks completely soulless”. And he’s got that from watching it on TV from the states.....

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:19
Let’s play nice guys

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:22
It does not matter what position we are now it matters what position we are at the end of the season. Take matters game by game at the moment.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:27
I can’t see London Irish winning many games either. So that’s a positive, we won’t get relegated 👍

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:31
Game by game indeed. Looking at our form against that of upcoming opposition one can make a solid case for not being optimistic about out prospects. If we win two of our next four prem games I’ll be surprised.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 18:34
Agree with you DeeSaint.
Saint Dom certainly does like getting a little abusive with those that disagree !

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 21:49
for the sake of debate, I’m interested as to what positives St Dom can derive from recent matches and where he feels the club is at, just to balance it out

I’m seeing a lot of having a jibe at people who don’t see the club doing well but no counter discussion

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 21:58
I've no interest in being told I was right, in fact I'm quite depressed about it.

HungryLikeTheWolf
03 December, 2017 22:27
Indeed it makes me sad not happy, we are actually worse than I suspected.

I did not think we could be worse than that....

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 22:39
Quote:
Saintalex
I can’t see London Irish winning many games either. So that’s a positive, we won’t get relegated 👍

I think Irish could get better, I'm not sure we'll get better. Can you see where our next win will come from. Irish might fancy playing us at FG, any team would right now. So, we won't get relegated? No, we shouldn't get relegated but were getting pulled into the fight and when you can't see your next win there's nothing positive about it.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 00:26
Watching the game at the Stoop and seeing all the physical changes to the stands reminded me of my last visit. It was on a temporary stand with Saints failing to avoid relegation. It was the year when it was agreed that the Lions selections were restricted in game time. Quins very carefully rested their Lions players for games they knew they would probably lose, whilst the Saints went into that game with many of their Lions unavailable.

I doubt that both 11th and 12th are good enough to climb over us in the table this season but wouldn't be confident if we were to face another must win final game.

HungryLikeTheWolf
04 December, 2017 12:01
Quote:
Eif Jones
Watching the game at the Stoop and seeing all the physical changes to the stands reminded me of my last visit. It was on a temporary stand with Saints failing to avoid relegation. It was the year when it was agreed that the Lions selections were restricted in game time. Quins very carefully rested their Lions players for games they knew they would probably lose, whilst the Saints went into that game with many of their Lions unavailable.
I doubt that both 11th and 12th are good enough to climb over us in the table this season but wouldn't be confident if we were to face another must win final game.

I believe I was there. Was this the game when we could not get out of our 22 for love nor money? Japanese drip torture... ugh

jdusty964
jdusty (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 12:45
I think that the Exeter team will come to us thinking a win is inevitable, many are already writing us off for this game.

I think that that will be an advantage, I do not think that we played that badly last week so If we can push on from there then we have a good chance of upsetting the apple cart.

There is a group of teams all in the middle of the league with similar points, we are not out of the running yet despite sitting in 10th, the position we sit in is not as bleak as many would have us believe.

Our coaches have a job to do, lets let them do it and then see where we end up come Mar/Apr 18.

It has not been our best season so far I admit but if we can achieve 6th or better I will be quite happy. We can then look to improve and adapt for next season.

I am trying to remain positive because negativity is infectious, I hope that we improve and I am sure we will.

DaveJFT
DFT (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 15:04
Quote:
jdusty
It has not been our best season so far I admit but if we can achieve 6th or better I will be quite happy. We can then look to improve and adapt for next season.

Wasn't that what was supposed to happen last season or has everyone forgotten that this is not our first consecutive season of struggling to pick up wins from anywhere?

TBH, I don't want to finish 6th or above. I think the squad needs less pressure and more time to focus on themselves and developing new team strategies without the distractions of competing in 3 different championships at the same time when struggling to achieve success in any one of them.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 16:15
I take your point about being underdogs jdusty, potentially a good thing.

Would counter that waiting to March or April would be too late. Is the risk in waiting greater than the risk posed in making change earlier? IF we have new coaching staff coming we’d benefit from their input with building a squad earlier than that - I think.

Obviously we may not have new coaches coming in which case, buckle up cos it could be a bumpy ride.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 19:16
Quote:
jdusty
I think that the Exeter team will come to us thinking a win is inevitable, many are already writing us off for this game.
I think that that will be an advantage, I do not think that we played that badly last week so If we can push on from there then we have a good chance of upsetting the apple cart.

There is a group of teams all in the middle of the league with similar points, we are not out of the running yet despite sitting in 10th, the position we sit in is not as bleak as many would have us believe.

Our coaches have a job to do, lets let them do it and then see where we end up come Mar/Apr 18.

I am trying to remain positive because negativity is infectious, I hope that we improve and I am sure we will.

Are you Jim Mallinder? That whole piece aside from the very last sentence sounds like it could have been a post match interview after the Newcastle match. My opinion differs wildly in all aspects. You've gotta win matches to get 6th, lots of them and I just don't see it, we're cannon fodder at the moment and unless something major happens we'll remain so.

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:20
I'm sure we will take some positives from the game and win the second half*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net