rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
The Old Flatt Earth
Ishmael (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 09:47
Could the above not be resurrected and renamed the Moanin' site? About 70% of the last few threads have been on shall we say on the negative side and although I am in agreement with the posters' sentiments it gets a bit repetitive reading the same things over and over again. Perhaps all these posts could be spirited there?

Saint Ted
Re: The Old Flatt Earth
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:00
Itís a fair reflection of where the team is and what people are thinking.

If you want to discuss something else start a thread on it

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:01
Quote:
Ishmael
Could the above not be resurrected and renamed the Moanin' site? About 70% of the last few threads have been on shall we say on the negative side and although I am in agreement with the posters' sentiments it gets a bit repetitive reading the same things over and over again. Perhaps all these posts could be spirited there?

It gets a bit boring watching the team make the same mistakes too each week but we do. So why not have the same on the forum.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:05
Quote:
Ishmael

If all the moans were moved there'd be nothing else to discuss and the forum would close, unless you can find lots of positives to talk about. In fact you say you agree with them so perhaps your best bet is not to read them at all.

MESSAGES->author
Ishmael (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:10
Quote:
Saint Ted
Itís a fair reflection of where the team is and what people are thinking.
If you want to discuss something else start a thread on it

Good Grief!

O.K. I forgot the *

Right I am off and will leave you lot to moan on and listen to Leonard Cohen playlists. Sharpen your razors.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:17
I got the fairly obvious joke intended.

I dont mind the moaning so much its the desire to start a new thread every time some one thinks of a slightly new way to write the same thread title thats a bit daft. Can we not merge a few if they are basically the same discussion? Helps keep things a bit tidy and easy to follow. Obviously if the subject is different enough it makes sense to start a new one.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:20
The site used to be a social forum with quite a tight knit group who would meet up etc. Itís now a rugby forum.

I did quite like some of the old witticisms....

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 11:27
Apologies for taking it the wrong way Ishmael, it's quite difficult to understand what is and what isn't a moan at the minute.

HungryLikeTheWolf
04 December, 2017 11:58
I do agree with merging similar threads

Sometimes a great post is easily lost. MarchingIn did a brilliant one yesterday

Box kick it
Box kick it (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 14:32
I can remember the last time we got relegated but I didnít use this site then. Was the site a negative place that year or have we become worse over the last few years re our disillusionment?

HungryLikeTheWolf
04 December, 2017 14:45
The majority of users were results ambivalent but even so, Iím not sure there was such disillusionment in the ground as there is now. There is a disconnect with the supporters, probably related to forever squeezing the punter whilst the product deteriorates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 14:46 by HungryLikeTheWolf.

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 14:50
On Friday night the atmosphere was dead - even the C bloc choir could only manage some silly stuff about Courtneys top knot. The display on the pitch was also pretty lifeless .

Overall I think that we are all somewhat emotionally exhausted

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:02
"The site used to be a social forum with quite a tight knit group who would meet up etc. Itís now a rugby forum."

That first sentence is just not true. The reason another page was set up was to ensure that this was rugby only.

I am not sure about the second sentence either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net