rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Dumpling
Dylan likes the squad (but doesn’t mention the management)
04 December, 2017 11:10
On the BBC

That link doesn’t look right!

Perhaps he said more on the radio?

Edit: fixed your link dumpling!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 12:06 by Saint Ted.

tedge
Re: Dylan likes the squad (but doesn’t mention the management)
tedge (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 11:14
What else can he say ?

Dumpling
04 December, 2017 11:26
Quote:
tedge
What else can he say ?

Not sure of the words he should use but in some ways I think silence would be best. However, I do realise he has to say something. Perhaps he should avoid the platitudes and not try and pretend that we are suddenly going to be “brilliant” at anything and just aim to be “good” at things such as the basics.

My point really was that there was no mention of management - whatever that signifies.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 11:41
Quote:
Dumpling (all statements in my opinion only)
Quote:
tedge
What else can he say ?

Not sure of the words he should use but in some ways I think silence would be best. However, I do realise he has to say something. Perhaps he should avoid the platitudes and not try and pretend that we are suddenly going to be “brilliant” at anything and just aim to be “good” at things such as the basics.

My point really was that there was no mention of management - whatever that signifies.

and my point was that there is no way he can discuss the management in public - I don't think it signifies anything other than that.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:17
I think Dylan has been on a intense PR course
Watching him after the England games - so scripted and just limited to a few standard sound bites

Think I’d rather have heartfelt passion

Scrummy
Scrummy (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 21:38
Can I read from this that the players are planning how to get out of the hole in which Saints find ourselves?

McKechnie
Graham@BBC (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 07:42
Deesaint,

That online piece is taken from Dylan's comments post-match to us.

All I'll say is that the written word looks different to hearing him say it. I'll reassure you that although he chooses his words carefully, there's absolutely a burning passion for Saints in Dylan - you can see it in his eyes.

Graham

Dumpling
05 December, 2017 09:50
Quote:
Graham@BBC
Deesaint,

All I'll say is that the written word looks different to hearing him say it. I'll reassure you that although he chooses his words carefully, there's absolutely a burning passion for Saints in Dylan - you can see it in his eyes.

Graham
c
Well, please show his eyes next time, and also the eyes of the rest of the squad?

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 11:13
I listened to the interview as it was broadcast. It didn't come across to me that Dylan was making any slight at all against the management, nor that he was trotting out rehearsed PR speak.

ACTUAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES TRAINING
FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 12:28
Quote:
Graham@BBC
Deesaint,

Graham

Fair comment and thank you for the insight.

However, it must be so frustrating when interviewing any sports person/manager that you could almost write the responses for them. Dylan has several stock phases he uses after every England game. Its not new Robshaw was the same and other Managers before them. It becomes meaningless and sterile i.e. - Following a loss - 'We will learn from that' following a win 'still plenty to do' etc etc.
You cant disagree that they are trained / schooled to simply trot out platitudes

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 15:39
If ever I was being interviewed by any of the media (never likely to be nor would I want to be) I would be EXCEPTIONALLY cautious about what I said and how I said it. Reporters and editors just cannot be trusted these days and for such a reputation they have only themselves to blame.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 21:28
Tedge, very unfair and I hope that wasn’t aimed at Graham. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about The Saints, in fact all the Northants teams. He has a very hard job to do even though he will probably admit the best job in the world, but particularly hard at the moment trying to stay positive when everyone else is so negative

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 22:28
Quote:
Saintalex
Tedge, very unfair and I hope that wasn’t aimed at Graham. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about The Saints, in fact all the Northants teams. He has a very hard job to do even though he will probably admit the best job in the world, but particularly hard at the moment trying to stay positive when everyone else is so negative

It was a comment about the media in general - I have little truck with them. I wouldn't exclude the BBC in general from that view. At the local level it's bit different owing to the closer relationship with sports clubs so no, it wasn't aimed at anyone personally. I appreciate that both the local press and broadcasters can be in invidious situations where the need to maintain cordial relations probably prevents them from saying what they think or asking searching questions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net