rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

rugbymel
Quins v Saints
rugbymel (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 12:15
30th December at Twickenham. Live on Channel 5.
First live Premiership game on terrestrial TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 12:32 by rugbymel.

alwayshopeful
Re: Quins v Saints
alwayshopeful (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:46
On the one hand, hurrah!!

On the other hand, only 12000 people saw the Falcons game, plus a few on BT...

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:21
Quote:
alwayshopeful

As it's "Big Game 10", being played on the Saturday between X-mas and New Year when people are a little lost for something meaningful to do besides traipse around the sales and has been advertised heavily for the last couple of months, I guess there may be a few more of us than 12,000 in attendance (Sm151)

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:28
I'll assume one of the Quins fan will be over to tell us but normally this fixture is played across the road at Twickers. One can only expect that the fortunes of both clubs at the moment play a part in it not being so.

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:31
[center][/center]
Quote:
Robby Richmond
I'll assume one of the Quins fan will be over to tell us but normally this fixture is played across the road at Twickers. One can only expect that the fortunes of both clubs at the moment play a part in it not being so.

Robbie, it definitely is being played at the bigger of the two Twickenham venues. We received our tickets from Ticketmaster in the post this week.

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:37
Sorry, I read that wrong didnt I?

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:52
Quote:
Robby Richmond
Sorry, I read that wrong didnt I?

It happens to us all, I'm told it comes with age (Sm151)

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 15:03
Yes mate, better get down to specsavers for some new bins...

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 15:21
Quote:
Robby Richmond
Yes mate, better get down to specsavers for some new bins...

I think I'll come with you as these rose tinted ones of mine are showing their age this year and even I'm finding it hard to fight the despondency and malaise that our poor form has brought upon us all.

Saintchris
Saintquin (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:31
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
alwayshopeful

As it's "Big Game 10", being played on the Saturday between X-mas and New Year when people are a little lost for something meaningful to do besides traipse around the sales and has been advertised heavily for the last couple of months, I guess there may be a few more of us than 12,000 in attendance (Sm151)

About 55,000 tickets sold so far!

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

tedge
Quins v Saints
tedge (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 16:28

Waggydog
Waggydog (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 20:15
That's excellent news for me. I stopped subscribing to BT Sport a few years ago when they jacked up the price.

alwayshopeful
alwayshopeful (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:48
Quote:
Saintquin
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
alwayshopeful

I guess I missed the Sarcasm "*".. i meant to indicate that, given the current level of performance and results, probably best that as few people as possible see us and that being on the first terrestrial tv show in Aviva prem history might not be the best advert for Saints rugby.. of course, by then we might have resolved the issues and be a real force again...

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:54
Hopefully we can learn from watching the Quins Sarries game. Its going to require plenty of old fashioned hard work to get past Quins. Sarries may not have been on top form last week, but they ran some lovely lines in attack, Quins did a fantastic job to keep them out.

Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 14:04
Quote:
alwayshopeful
Quote:
Saintquin
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
alwayshopeful

I guess I missed the Sarcasm "*".. i meant to indicate that, given the current level of performance and results, probably best that as few people as possible see us and that being on the first terrestrial tv show in Aviva prem history might not be the best advert for Saints rugby.. of course, by then we might have resolved the issues and be a real force again...

No need for the "*" alwayshopeful, I got your intention hence the smiley thumbs down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net