MESSAGES->author
Tuala signs new contract
lilyg (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 12:46

ElySaint
Re: Tuala signs new contract
ElySaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:13
Welcome news, if not Earth shattering. Can play across the back 3, but I wonder where the coaches see his best position. Full Back is reasonably well stocked with Harry and young Furbank and Foden (assuming he is staying). Wing is slightly different with George leaving, of course.

charlieemeriau
charlieemeriau (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:50
Foden is leaving I believe, think it had been announced.
It is welcomed news, I think he has been good for us this year, and I think he has improved.

Am I cynical in thinking that every time there is a bad defeat, we end up announcing a new contract to boost the morale of the supporters. I am sure the players desire to win wont be skewed by the thought that another defeat will get me a contract but still not sure I like the overall approach.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:20
Congratulations Ahsee on securing a new deal.

For me, a good squad is player who has proved his worth as such.

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:26
Would like to add my congratulations to Ace also. He has been a solid member of our squad for the last couple of years and has ably kept Foden out of the 15 shirt. For me there is now real competition between Ace and Harry for the 15 shirt at present with Furbank progressing nicely in the wings.

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

SuffolkSaint
SuffolkSaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:28
Quote:
charlieemeriau
Am I cynical in thinking that every time there is a bad defeat, we end up announcing a new contract to boost the morale of the supporters. I am sure the players desire to win wont be skewed by the thought that another defeat will get me a contract but still not sure I like the overall approach.

I think itís just a question of timing. The club will be getting its renewals business done in December, before the open season in January when other clubs can formally approach players.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 14:38
Quote:
charlieemeriau
Foden is leaving I believe, think it had been announced.
It is welcomed news, I think he has been good for us this year, and I think he has improved.

Not sure there has been any announcement Charlie. Seems to be common knowledge tat his contract is up and he has just announced a testimonial year

charlieemeriau
charlieemeriau (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 15:01
I heard he was going to Bordeaux... but couldn't remember if it had been announced or still just a rumour.

@sulfokSaint propbably the case, it is hard not to be cynical these days, so disappointing to see the team perform that way over the last few weeks that everything seems negative. But glad Ace is staying.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 15:16
I would be surprised if Foden stays to be honest. He seems to be at the same stage as Bruce was when he left. I donít necessarily think we have the strongest back three in the world, more so now North is leaving so we do need some fresh impetus.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 15:56
I have seen no announcement about Foden's intentions albeit he has been granted a testimonial - could he have that if not contracted as a player or does the testimonial "year" only run from January to June ?

Dallysaint
Dallysaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 16:09
Great news ahsee has signed to stay longer. Think he always shows great commitment anytime he's on the field, i agree with Andysaint.

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:44
Good stuff.

Always a threat ball in hand!

Would be playing on the wing for me!

Big, strong, good finisher and great at beating his first man.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:21
Congratulations to Ace

He has come here, worked hard, improved his game no end and got himself a new contract

Doesnít let us down and has ability to improve further. Bravo.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:36
If Foden has been awarded a testimonial, then he will be staying surely???

Waggydog
Waggydog (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 20:16
Good news and well deserved. I'm glad he's staying with us.

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 08:02
Solid squad player, has definitely improved since he has been at Saints. Good news for him and the club, now we wait to see where the star dust is coming from for the back 3.

Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net