rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Flyhooker
Board Meeting Tonight
Flyhooker (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:02
Saints Board meeting tonight I wonder what they will talk about?

St.Sinner
Re: Board Meeting Tonight
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:12
Are these pre arranged or has this been called spurr of the moment ? May give indication whether it's about imminent changes , or just for a chin wag!

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:18
They’ll probably talk about winning the second half and how we will make the top 4 if we just take the positive and so the things that went well in training.

Flyhooker
Flyhooker (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:25
First Tuesday in every month apparently so not an emergency meeting.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:42
Don't get your hopes up folks

Dallysaint
Dallysaint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:52
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
They’ll probably talk about winning the second half and how we will make the top 4 if we just take the positive and so the things that went well in training.
Hmmm.....im sure I've heard those comments a few times before somewhere, lol, like it.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 20:56
No confidence in any of 'em to do or say anything that'll make the slightest bit of difference to anything that matters i.e. the rugby.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 21:21
'Looking forward to the challenge'..........oh sorry, Jim has the patent on that cliche !

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 22:25
A weak and incompetent board with not the same ambition and expectation as the supporters!!

Probably talking about increasing ticket prices to compensate the fall in attendances...

Maybe they should discuss a new marketing slogan, 'Proud history, Bright future', doesn't cut it for me!!! (Sm20)

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 07:02
Whilst we beat up the board, simply ask yourselves what role KB is now playing and how much the board are actually allowed to do.

Three new board members brought in to shake things up. In any "normal" walk of life business, as workers we would be up in arms about any new director coming in and making changes before their seat had even warmed up. They need to be given a chance. Unfortunate but reality.

It might not be as simple as we would wish it to be. And KB is the boss. We are in a state of torpor and can only hope that this season has been written off already with a view to take significant action in the off-season.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:41
I don't really know what the new board members were expected to do. Did we really expect them to come in, rip up the coaching structure, bring in a fresh new team of coaches, dish out the cash that we don't have on releasing contracts, signing new contracts... and that's before we look at new signings.

It was always going to take a period of adjustment and settling in to the role to see what was working and what wasn't.

Having said that, if there was a total shake up and the coaching team was given their marching orders, what then? Who becomes DOR or Head Coach? Who becomes Forwards Coach? Do we ditch Hopley and Dickens too?

Then you have to consider who is around to pick up these roles. Is Dowson ready? Is Digger ready to take on a senior coach role? Does someone like Daisy want to coach lineouts, even in the interim?

If none of these want to take on the roles, then you have to look outside the club. So who is available or a desired quality? I know we're all looking for the next Eddie Jones, but barring him, who is there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 09:45 by Saint Stokey.

MESSAGES->author
St_Bart (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:32
Sound of hammer hitting nail firmly on head!! Well said Stokey, no need for anything else to be added to this thread imho

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:54
Yeah that's what I've been saying Stokey, though not quite so eloquently.
However, lancing the boil still needs doing. There are plenty of Scrum/lineout coaches we can employ on an ad-hoc basis out there.
At this juncture, a fresh voice & a new perspective is very high on the list of priorities.

Stevie Myler's right boot
06 December, 2017 13:28
When did the elephant become a boil?

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:29
"However, lancing the boil still needs doing. There are plenty of Scrum/lineout coaches we can employ on an ad-hoc basis out there.
At this juncture, a fresh voice & a new perspective is very high on the list of priorities."

Yes please!

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:42
What are the rumours about West to Newcastle and that Welsh chap from Cardiff to us?

MESSAGES->author
06 December, 2017 13:45
No and no.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 17:47
I've heard Robbie's correct on that one

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 18:14
The least we could do is let any random from the tetleys stand coach the scrum, they’d be better than West’s terrible coaching...well it couldn’t be any worse.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 20:23
Maybe your brother could come and help out Robbie??? Heard some good things from friends of mine at Sale

MESSAGES->author
06 December, 2017 21:25
Sorry Alex, he's very happy at the moment in Sale & if anyone is wondering (posters, lurkers, etc) I've never punted him for a job back at Saints, never will.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 06:54
Shame

Dallysaint
Dallysaint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 11:08
+1 shame

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 22:58
I was at the Quins Sale game a few months ago and I saw him, looks a very handy coach and well respected, good luck to him and Robbie for the record I don’t blame you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2017 23:01 by Saintalex.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net