rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

SaintsAsh
O Mahony Signs for Saints
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:55
Would it not be nice? (Sm110)

I think he would be a great addition, we need someone like him IMHO.

MESSAGES->author
Re: O Mahony Signs for Saints
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 10:45
A hard as nails British and Irish Lions flanker and a leader. What's not to love if we were starting from a clean slate and there was a realistic chance of him leaving Ireland. But sadly neither are the case.

We are overflowing with people who can play flanker with Broussow, Gibson, Wood, Lawes, Harrison, Paterson, Ludlum, Eadie, Nutley. If anything we need to trim this area to free up spending on areas of weakness.

If we recruited another flanker before addressing number 8, loosehead and winger, it would beggar belief. Just my opinion mind.

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 10:49
Pretty much bang on SaintMaul. The squad is unbalanced, that is the problem to fix.

Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

Dallysaint
Dallysaint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 11:04
Have to agree too saintmaul, we could do with 2 great big props imho before anything else.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:31
Quote:
SaintsAsh
Would it not be nice? (Sm110)
I think he would be a great addition, we need someone like him IMHO.

Not really funny

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:02
I think our back row is unbalanced, maybe swapping him for wood might be a good move.

As for him leaving Ireland, I believe he is out of contract.

I do agree that we need a couple of good props though, I see Bath have signed an Argentine in that area.

And Tedge, just a bit of fun smiling smiley

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:12
Quote:
SaintsAsh
I think our back row is unbalanced, maybe swapping him for wood might be a good move.
As for him leaving Ireland, I believe he is out of contract.

I do agree that we need a couple of good props though, I see Bath have signed an Argentine in that area.

And Tedge, just a bit of fun smiling smiley

I know it is but you can't tell that from the headline !

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:28
This couple of big props thing, Waller has signed on again, Van-Wyke is here for another two years and I think Ma'afu has another year to run, I'm guessing, but don't think we'll be looking for another loose head.

Now if Brookes is out of contract and he came at the same time as Hill, we could be looking for another tight head to come in along side Ford-Robinson, but then I have a feeling Hill signed an extension last year

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 16:13
If both Hill and Brookes are out of contract, I'd prefer that we re-signed Hill. Hill came as a player with huge potential. Whilst he hasn't realised that fully, I don't believe he's in the same situation as Brookes who is looking more and more like a journeyman. Perhaps a trip to Worcester beckons.

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 17:11
Any links to CJ Stander can also be dismissed out of hand.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 08:49
Smacks of smoke and mirrors exercise to get more out of the IRFU/Munster. Be amazed if he left Ireland

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:55
Yeah I thought that too when I listed to his interview. Cannot fault him, he is just doing what is best for his family, the club won't look after him when he has retired.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:00
Quote:
Saint Ted
This couple of big props thing, Waller has signed on again, Van-Wyke is here for another two years and I think Ma'afu has another year to run, I'm guessing, but don't think we'll be looking for another loose head.
Now if Brookes is out of contract and he came at the same time as Hill, we could be looking for another tight head to come in along side Ford-Robinson, but then I have a feeling Hill signed an extension last year

Hill is still very young for a tighthead and don't give me any of that **** old enough-good enough stuff. But he isnt developing as far as we can see. I think that Mallinder and West thought that the future would be in mobile props with adequate scrum capabilities - it still might be, but the rest of our game isnt good enough to see if athletic props are OK a la Australia. There has got to be some grunt somewhere and we just havnt got any.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 08:19
The grunt in the scrum comes from the second row, if we donít have Ribbans, Day or API in there, then we will always struggle. But Jim will never play them together as you lose a line out option then. Todayís scrum looks so much better balanced, second row and back row. We will be ok today in the scrum. All depends on how we are at the breakdown. We need to up the intensity a lot and then we will look a lot better. We have good players, a couple of wins and goos wins and we will be ok

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net