rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Official rumour #47659
Stockers (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:46
As is the tradition on here only proper rumours can be given any credence if they have an official number.

So this numbered rumour says that Sir Clive Woodward has just been seen in the Staverton Park Devere hotel near Daventry, which is of course quite near Northampton .

I wonder........

Casual Saint
Re: Official rumour #47659
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:04
Daventry RFC getting a new coach ??

Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:13
I imagine we would like our next coach to be an improvement on the current one

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:23
Interseting you should say that Stockers, as I saw a rather nice Range Rover not too far from there this morning with a saints sticker on it, the pieces are all coming together nicely.

This is only one step away from being confirmed

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:55
Need sightings in Weeden Road Chippy before any thought of confirmation!

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

[url=https:[www.justgiving.com], Please sponsor me here[/url]

LaurieK
LaurieK (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:57
My only problem with this rumour is what happened to rumours #47657 and 8? I hope someone is keeping proper records.

Dallysaint
Dallysaint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:02
Would be happy with that for christmas if it is confirmed.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:09
SCW as a DOR with Jim as head coach would be ok with me - maybe the correlation with dropping performances has been since jim went upstairs. free him of the shackles of having the deal with the board, and you may see him return to be the coach he once was.

one thing in doing your job, another thing in having to report up to an exec board!!

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:25
Remind me again what Woodward's last formal involvement with rugby was, other than being a (not particularly incisive IMHO) TV pundit?

There ain't no Sanity Clause

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:50
Yesterday's man

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 15:25
Maybe brought in as a consultant?

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 15:47
SCW at Saints? No thank you. The last thing of note he did in rugby was 2003. After that was the disasterous lions tour

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 16:00
Quote:
Chris Hoddle

Under new ownership now Chris, does it still count?

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 21:35
Would that happen to be the Staverton Park golf course where people go to ummmmmmm, play golf by any chance!!

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 22:20
Quote:
Hollywood JK
Would that happen to be the Staverton Park golf course where people go to ummmmmmm, play golf by any chance!!

But one doesn’t play golf wearing a suit and carrying a brief case, does one?

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 22:25
Staverton is pretty close to Coventry also??? A load of rubbish if you ask me. If on the other hand it isn’t true..... please no, not another ex leicester

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 01:19
tedge, not even that for us unfortunates who went to NZ on his disastrous tour.

Sans Culottes
Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 08:45
Quote:
Chris Hoddle

Unfortunately the chippie as a quality rumour source is probably not as reliable as it was. The new owners are frankly clueless, and don’t even have the nouse to look a the large fixture board outside the Club to check when there is a game on. Anyone coming to the club for “talks” and then getting food from there would see that something is amiss. No stength upfront of house , light in the chip department , and desperately slow service.

Did the previous owners see writing on the wall and get out while they could?

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:00
Quote:
Sans Culottes
Quote:
Chris Hoddle

Unfortunately the chippie as a quality rumour source is probably not as reliable as it was. The new owners are frankly clueless, and don’t even have the nouse to look a the large fixture board outside the Club to check when there is a game on. Anyone coming to the club for “talks” and then getting food from there would see that something is amiss. No stength upfront of house , light in the chip department , and desperately slow service.

Is there any truth in the rumour the Saints are the new owners of the Weedon Road chippy? Sounds like the same business plan.....*

GOD
Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:23
Quote:
Longers
Is there any truth in the rumour the Saints are the new owners of the Weedon Road chippy? Sounds like the same business plan.
(Sm22) class!

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 10:59
Quote:
Longers
Quote:
Sans Culottes
Quote:
Chris Hoddle

Is there any truth in the rumour the Saints are the new owners of the Weedon Road chippy? Sounds like the same business plan.....*
Haha very good !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net