rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Hollywood JK
We may not win another game this season!
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:52
Oh brother, thank heavens for London Irish, as the best I can see us finishing is eleventh.. I have no idea where we will secure a win from...

We surely must have the poorest scrum in the Premiership. How can the club have allowed once the strongest scrum become this bad? All our props are not a good enough standard..

The players also really need to look at themselves, some committed performances but not the whole squad, and we need every man committed!

Jim Mallinder has paid the price, but he ultimately is responsible for assembling this very average squad, and it will take us a long time to recover and get back to the top. We can all safely say now Jim had well and truly lost the plot!

Tony Hewitt and Allan Robson are also a big reason why we’re in such a mess, they should have acted a long time ago, and now we’re the laughing stock of the Premiership!

Roll on 2019/2020 hey..l(Sm58)

Christoff
Re: We may not win another game this season!
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 18:41
I agree with some of your thoughts. Even Irish will fancy playing us at home. If anyone, anyone doesn't think this is a relegation scrap then they're wrong, it is one. Irish supporters will be thinking "if we can win one or two games then we can beat Saints at their place, then we've got a chance".

MESSAGES->author
GazzaTheDonkey (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:06
100% agree - I kept reading peoples posts who said we should be top 4, I was thinking I'll just settle for being in the Premiership next season!

Good news is I think we can buy ourselves out of the drop with a few well chosen short-term players IF the board realise it in time....

Former Hollywood Saint
23 December, 2017 19:11
Slightly over top in my view but everyone can have their own opinion. There are still areas we need vast improvement in, I get that. However there were a few positives to be taken from that game.

I think if we have the rub of the green go with us once or twice going forward then we’ll get a few wins under our belt. Top 6 will be a stretch but we shouldn’t be drawn in to the relegation dog fight.

FHS

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:18
Did you see Irish last night? We're not that bad.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 21:02
Quote:
shendy
Did you see Irish last night? We're not that bad.

No I didn't. If that's right that's a frightening thought for their fans then.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:15
Mallinder was always one step behind, we needed a top no 10 years ago, he's coming but too late, ditto a top no 7, he's coming but too late. Where those 2 positions should have been tied down years ago, the next lot of positions rear their head, obviously props and a bruising go-forward no 8.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:28
We’ve been awful at times this season, and I have not been reluctant to point it out.

But we do appear to have turned some kind of corner.

I would even go so far as to say that we are not lacking players and tactics so much as belief - and a more canny attitude to scrummaging...

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/99/99_0_1202835632.jpg
*I could agree with you - but then we'd both be wrong...*

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:42
Thread is OTT. We will win a few and stay up easily. Exeter are excellent, attitude was better today.

But clear failings still not addressed in certain areas. Unfortunately Quine have a good scrum too....

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 13:30
Win a few!! Someone clearly has been on the Xmas sauce!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net