rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Personal Attacks
St Jerome (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:38
I have been quiet for a long time as others have repeatedly added their opinion. I do not share the views of many here. I find the disrespect for the greatest coach our club has had to be terrible. I don't subscribe to the former player on Radio Northampton that these changes are late, whilst regretfully acknowledging it was time. The opinions of these 'noises off' are often repeated time and time again, like some terrible gong.

I would just like the editors to know I think the fact that one person can be so personally offensive to a servant of our club and stoke others to place their opinion about this person's morals in staying employed and his professional status is in my mind irresponsible. As editors I applaud your post on the sticky, but can I appeal that Dylan's appeal for those who want to support to do so. I find it almost more incredible that some of the comments were happening during the game. As for me I was too busy sing 5 gold rings and wishing our guys well. I think what has need to be said has been said, the wheels are in motion.

Just for my information. How offensive does a poster have to become? When one person is stating his or her opinion week in week out and it is never supportive should you call for balance? When that person comments on every answer with personal bile to posters, do you ever warn anyone? Can people just post about the sacking and moral courage of some of the greatest "Saintly ones" ever without any comment?

MESSAGES->author
Re: Personal Attacks
OldPete (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:47
Its the tendency to rubbish and belittle other posters that gets me . Some people seem unable to disagree without doing so . They be very knowledgeable and even care about rugby and the Saints but in some exchanges come across as arrogant and boorish in their responses to others.

It is this tendency that driven many oldtime posters away from participation on this message board.

Dumpling
24 December, 2017 20:54
I havenít seen much ďpersonal bileĒ recently. Please donít confuse disagreement with venom.

These are uneasy times, everyone sounds stretched taut and anxious - but that is because our club is going through a tough episode. Some people seem blind to the problems whilst others seem frantic with worry. The best course (as always) is somewhere down the middle.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:12
That former player on Radio Northampton cares more about this club than the majority on this forum and definitely more than a great number of the current players in the squad.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:20
spot on Brackley

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:24
Quote:
Brackleysaint
That former player on Radio Northampton cares more about this club than the majority on this forum and definitely more than a great number of the current players in the squad.

Agreed 💯 %

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:28
Quote:
Brackleysaint

If I may say so this is a rather silly remark. You are expressing your opinion, and then turning it into a statement of fact. I have no idea why you would hold such an opinion (although you are fully entitled to hold it) but that doesn't make it true.

As regards St Jerome's points I am really struggling to make much sense of them and would welcome elucidation.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:43
Its Christmas Eve. Cannot we put this all to bed for a few days and enjoy some time with our families away from the trials and tribulations of Northampton Saints and simply look forward to a better 2018 and the second half of the season.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:52
You got there before me Mobbs

Have a great Xmas guys

HungryLikeTheWolf
24 December, 2017 22:14
Merry Christmas All!

Many thanks for the Eds for your tireless and rewardless work which includes ensuring there are zero personal attacks on this site. If they occur, you stamp them out efficiently.

Festive Cheer!

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 22:17
Happy Christmas all to all Saints supporters, some of the best supporters in the country.

shiversaint
shiversaint (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 22:17
Merry Christmas everyone, to a better year ahead!

Incidentally, I think teasing threads like this one much more incendiary - a la "I may not agree with you but I'll fight for your right to have an opinion" (forgive the misquotation, but the sentiment is there).

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 07:39
Merry Christmas everyone, and Jerome I agree with your points in this thread.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 10:28
Ill be honest, I donít understand the OP, not entirely sure what anything that is said on the radio has to do with this site

As Iíve said before if you think personal abuse is happening highlight it to us with examples, what one person thinks is personal abuse isnít the same for everyone, when we receive reports of it, it will get dealt with, but vague messages donít really help Iím afraid

If itís obvious it will get removed

Iíve not seen anything I felt I needed to remove and to be honest I wonít be online a lot over the next few days, so if you want to report something do it via PM not in a thread as chances are itíll get missed

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 10:52
Ted, as you and I know well, trying to maintain freedom of speech on here whilst reining in the more shouty element is a very fine line to tread and one where the readers of this forum will have to trust the Editors to do the right thing for the long term future of this site.

And IMHO youíre doing a fine job!

Merry Christmas!

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 11:36
Quote:
Stockers
Ted, as you and I know well, trying to maintain freedom of speech on here whilst reining in the more shouty element is a very fine line to tread and one where the readers of this forum will have to trust the Editors to do the right thing for the long term future of this site.
And IMHO youíre doing a fine job!

Merry Christmas!

+ 1

ĎĎTis the season to be offended - apparently:-)

HungryLikeTheWolf
26 December, 2017 13:37
The time of post may suggest a little Dutch courage and emotion....

Youíre doing great work Ted

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 20:31
I find refering to my post as a 'silly remark' condescending and a personal attack.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 12:06
Quote:
Brackleysaint
I find refering to my post as a 'silly remark' condescending and a personal attack.

Do you want a cuddle ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net