rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board




tedge
George North
tedge (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 15:42

 
tboullem
Re: George North
Mobbs (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 16:02
Might need forty minutes match practice before Six Nations starts !

 
Christoff
Re: George North
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 16:53
Become an expensive luxury, but he's not been particularly luxurious even when fit in the last 18 months.

 
St.Sinner
Re: George North
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 17:28
I'd keep Tuala at 14 anyway , build that partnership with Harry at 15 & Horne inside him at 13. George will have one eye on leaving and keen to not get injured again. He will stand out on his wing as much as possible. Why bother? Tuala deserves his space why should he be benched because his name doesn't look as good as "North" on a starting team sheet.

Unless he fancies a game on the tighthead?

 
BrianB
Re: George North
BrianB (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 17:35
North any day.

 
Walks11
Re: George North
Walks11 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:13
Quote:
St.Sinner
I'd keep Tuala at 14 anyway , build that partnership with Harry at 15 & Horne inside him at 13. George will have one eye on leaving and keen to not get injured again. He will stand out on his wing as much as possible. Why bother? Tuala deserves his space why should he be benched because his name doesn't look as good as "North" on a starting team sheet.
Unless he fancies a game on the tighthead?

A professional player staying out of the action in order to keep from being injured? Really?! IMO that is a pretty poor comment

 
St.Sinner
Re: George North
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:29
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
St.Sinner
I'd keep Tuala at 14 anyway , build that partnership with Harry at 15 & Horne inside him at 13. George will have one eye on leaving and keen to not get injured again. He will stand out on his wing as much as possible. Why bother? Tuala deserves his space why should he be benched because his name doesn't look as good as "North" on a starting team sheet.
Unless he fancies a game on the tighthead?

A professional player staying out of the action in order to keep from being injured? Really?! IMO that is a pretty poor comment

100% when a player becomes injury prone, it effects them mentally. North is falling into that category.

In my view he's never been the same since he knew one more head knock could mean retirement. His performances reflect that IMO.

Why play him and get him match fit just to go away with wales for 5 weeks while we then have to go back to Tuala, & wait for him to get back up to speed?

 
andysaint
Re: George North
andysaint (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:59
I still think that he is our best winger and was on good form prior to injury. Wing is a position that needs work for 18/19

 
St.Sinner
Re: George North
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 19:12
Sarries are being linked with Lewington from Irish, I wonder if we had a word with his agent. Rather see the big money spent on the forwards, if Collins can work on the high balls and defence he should be our future 11 with any hope. Gives us Pisi as cover for both sides with Horne an option if needs be. I haven't heard anything about Elliot in ages ?

 
fleetg
Re: George North
fleetg (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 19:13
Agreed BrianB
North any day ... no contest.

 
andysaint
Re: George North
andysaint (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:32
Lewington to Sarries would be an odd move unless Earle was on his way.

Whilst I realise that our backs are starved of good ball, I think we are quite weak on the wings.

 
fleetg
Re: George North
fleetg (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 21:56
Would love to see Lewington at the Gardens along with somebody like Bassett. 2 wingers who would add so much and take chances without breaking the bank.

 
Eif Jones
Re: George North
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 03:09
Correction ST Sinner, he's never been the same player since his move to Saints.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: George North
Pyffy (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:34
Quote:
St.Sinner
I haven't heard anything about Elliot in ages ?

He picked up a couple of injuries early season playing for the Wandies however has has appeared for them in their last two matches looking hungry to get involved, so I guess he is patiently waiting in the wings for a crack at a first team shirt.

Be interesting to see the two teams selected for this weekend and who makes the first team for Quinns and who drops to the Wandies for the Worcester match on Sunday.



Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

 
tboullem
Re: George North
Mobbs (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:44
Lewingion, Bassett, Hammersley, Adams.........no superstars but the right attitude !

 
St.Sinner
Re: George North
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:14
Quote:
Eif Jones
Correction ST Sinner, he's never been the same player since his move to Saints.

I agree Eif! Since he rag dolled the Aussie full back on his shoulder in the Lions test it was downhill for him/us.

 
St.Sinner
Re: George North
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:19
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
St.Sinner
I haven't heard anything about Elliot in ages ?

He picked up a couple of injuries early season playing for the Wandies however has has appeared for them in their last two matches looking hungry to get involved, so I guess he is patiently waiting in the wings for a crack at a first team shirt.

Be interesting to see the two teams selected for this weekend and who makes the first team for Quinns and who drops to the Wandies for the Worcester match on Sunday.

Blimey poor lad, missed half the season already! Hopefully he can have the impact Collins had on the team early season.
& Mobbs, my pick out of them would be that Adams, he looks fantastic, & seeing an interview on BT , he looks a great lad to have in a squad attitude wise. That would be a fantastic signing but I don't think he would leave Worcester.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: George North
Pyffy (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:48
Quote:
Mobbs
Lewingion, Bassett, Hammersley, Adams.........no superstars but the right attitude !

Yes to anyone of them as George's replacement for exactly the reason you mention.



Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

 
riverlodge
Re: George North
riverlodge (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:36
does bench tomorrow mean he is still not fully fit?

 
Christoff
Re: George North
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:20
Quote:
Eif Jones
Correction ST Sinner, he's never been the same player since his move to Saints.

Just so wrong IMO. Prem winning season he ripped teams up in that competition plus the Heiny, similar the following season. Since his concussion incident with Nathan Hughes he's not been the same player.

 
BrianB
Re: George North
BrianB (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 12:24
Elliot injured


[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]

 
BletchleySaint
Re: George North
BletchleySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:51
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
St.Sinner
I'd keep Tuala at 14 anyway , build that partnership with Harry at 15 & Horne inside him at 13. George will have one eye on leaving and keen to not get injured again. He will stand out on his wing as much as possible. Why bother? Tuala deserves his space why should he be benched because his name doesn't look as good as "North" on a starting team sheet.
Unless he fancies a game on the tighthead?

A professional player staying out of the action in order to keep from being injured? Really?! IMO that is a pretty poor comment


I think its a spot-on comment. George North has been poor for all but his first year. He is a "glory hunter" who doenst care about the team or community.

He looks bored and disinterestd in the game and very rarely looks for work when he's on the pitch. That will only get worse and now hes made his announcement he's back off to Wales (unless more dosh is offered en route) then he should be left in the wandies - as their drinks boy whilst players who care get a chance.

After all this season is written off best blood some youngsters.

 
Camquin
Re: George North
Camquin (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:32
If I were the Wales coach I would suggest to him that he takes all of 2018 off to get fully fit.

Then comes back, shows his passion in the 6 Nations and then aims to be the player of the tournament at the World Cup.

If he keeps playing half fit, he risks picking up more injuries or another concussion and going out with a whimper.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?