20 Ben Nutley
21 Cobus Reinach
22 Stephen Myler
23 George North

HungryLikeTheWolf
Re: Team's Up
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:12
Hope Ben Nutley comes on, has a stormer and forces his way into the team.

Luckily Horwill is out so they miss some ballast in the second row but I still worry about our scrum vs Marler and Sinckler

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:20
Concerns about the scrum, as it seems I do each gameweek now. However, I do like that weve found some consistency at half back (all of the backs really) and think this can only help improve performances.

SuffolkSaint
SuffolkSaint (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:30
What has Ludlam got to do to hold down a place in the squad?

Highest tackle count in the team against Ospreys and didnt miss a single tackle in a side with big defensive issues!

riverlodge
riverlodge (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:34
a little more second row 'bulk' with Lawes in over Paterson may help the scrum, and Gibson-Wood-Lawes ought to help the lineout function properly.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:37
Backs are settled but I get the impression we do not know our best pack. Moving Lawes back to 5 makes sense but there are various concessions made in other positions. We might have a better lineout but the back row does not look great.

Would be great if we could get a win but I am not confident of one. Avoiding another 4 try leak would be nice. If we do win, how long will Kingston have left?

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:42
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Luckily Horwill is out so they miss some ballast in the second row but I still worry about our scrum vs Marler and Sinckler

Quins scrum was a shambles about 3 seasons ago. It's instructive what they did. Firstly brought in Adam Jones to help improve the technique of youngsters like Sinkler and Collier. Bring in some power in the likes of Horwill and Luamanu. Whilst their pack isn't dominant it is no longer a liability. So fortunes can be turned round reasonably quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2017 12:49 by SaintMaul.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:02
Finally, have Lawes in his rightful position, he's a 2nd row not a back row.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:26

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:31
Quote:
SaintMaul
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf

Quins scrum was a shambles about 3 seasons ago. It's instructive what they did. Firstly brought in Adam Jones to help improve the technique of youngsters like Sinkler and Collier. Bring in some power in the likes of Horwill and Luamanu. Whilst their pack isn't dominant it is no longer a liability. So fortunes can be turned round reasonably quickly.

well yes with personnel changes as you suggest, however that seems unlikely this season.

TimperleySaint
TimperleySaint (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:35
I'm not convinced by wood and Gibson on the flanks. Gibson has deserved his place this season but they're so similar and it means T is our only real carrying option in the back row.

riverlodge
riverlodge (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:40
the unavailable due to injury update doesn't mention Ribbans. dropped, rested?

"Injury update:
Kieran Brookes (hand), Tom Collins (foot), Alex Waller (arm), Jamie Elliott (hamstring) and Rory Hutchinson (back) are unavailable for selection."

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:46
Ditto Day

Stingray66
Stingray66 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:47
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Hope Ben Nutley comes on, has a stormer and forces his way into the team.
+1

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:29
Wind Sinkler up for a yellow, not difficult, whilst introducing Smith to Courtney early on !

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:06
And george is bench, which means he is fit. Hope he gets on and gets a pass or two from Rob. Will give him a yard or two of space.

Former Hollywood Saint
29 December, 2017 17:13
Luamanu is going to us why we need to invest in massive ball carriers but apart from that I like our squad. Put in hits like last week and pray for a slightly more even ref and we might have a shot.

FHS

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:55
I think the breakdown will be key
Lets not allow Robshaw to outplay us
Would have preferred Hill as starter - better in open play as well as scrum
J F-Rs time will come

What has happened to Eadie ?

Hurry up Brussow

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:58
It did cross my mind that we might have seen Ehren Painter on the bench after last weeks scrum debacle but I suppose twickers is not the right time for debuts

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:18
Quote:
Mobbs
Wind Sinkler up for a yellow, not difficult, whilst introducing Smith to Courtney early on !

Whole front row are a bit volatile

NobbyClarke
NobbyClarke (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 07:57
Quote:
andysaint
Backs are settled but I get the impression we do not know our best pack. Moving Lawes back to 5 makes sense but there are various concessions made in other positions. We might have a better lineout but the back row does not look great.
Would be great if we could get a win but I am not confident of one. Avoiding another 4 try leak would be nice. If we do win, how long will Kingston have left?

Simmilar issues at Quins to here at Saints, it seems. According to some on their page they are hoping for Jim M to step in and sort them out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net