The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

tedge
Ben Foden Says
tedge (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:03

Dumpling
Re: Ben Foden Says
30 December, 2017 11:27
Good thing he didnít post his opinion anonymously on this board or he would have been shot down!

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:36
By whom ?

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:52
Nice to see some honesty from the camp. The horse has rather bolted now though. Seems to confirm a culture of abdication of responsibility had set in and turned things rotten. The admission of laziness in terms of fitness, conditioning and skills is very frank, and it sits uneasily with me that anyone in such a privileged position would / could allow their standards of professionalism to slip so badly. But I have never been a pro-sportsman and wouldnít pretend to understand it.

At least they seem to be looking in the right place for answers and I hope that some improvement is forthcoming very soon.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 12:18
Quote:
tedge
By whom ?

There is a fair list of posters who would have crucified someone for suggesting the players were lazy, and indeed have done so.

This is the first honest message from inside the camp for a very long time. One of Jimís failings was an inability to communicate via the press and I assume a strict control over the players too, it was all diplomatic empty content.

Much much better, thank you Ben.

Dumpling
30 December, 2017 12:18
Quote:
tedge
By whom ?

ďThe whole squad and coaches are lazy and unprofessionalĒ is not something that I would have dared to post (even if I thought it)!

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 13:46
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Quote:
tedge
By whom ?

There is a fair list of posters who would have crucified someone for suggesting the players were lazy, and indeed have done so.

This is the first honest message from inside the camp for a very long time. One of Jimís failings was an inability to communicate via the press and I assume a strict control over the players too, it was all diplomatic empty content.

I would say that those posters would have been right unless the person in question had direct knowledge. Ben Foden is within his rights to say what he see's. If we are saying players are lazy behind the scenes and are not behind the scenes ourselves, then I do not think it is right to criticise that which we do not know.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 13:51
The first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Refreshing to hear, and not a surprise really. Just good to hear stuff spoken how it is. The only way is up.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:37
It's the sort of honesty that has been sadly lacking from the coaches and the directors.

The king is dead, long live the king.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:04
Quote:
SaintsAsh
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Quote:
tedge
By whom ?

I would say that those posters would have been right unless the person in question had direct knowledge. Ben Foden is within his rights to say what he see's. If we are saying players are lazy behind the scenes and are not behind the scenes ourselves, then I do not think it is right to criticise that which we do not know.

Itís a small town, lots of posters would have direct knowledge at a guess.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:52
I wonder if Ben now wishes he had kept his mouth shut.
Sound bites mean nothing, Ben, itís what you do, or as it currently is, donít do on the field that counts.

What a complete disgrace this squad is!!
Ashamed to be a saint at the moment.

Brewster345
Brewster345 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:59
He was right, except nothing has changed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net