Re: Quins........
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:20
dear oh dear. What a shambles

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:22
Point a minute.......what the **** do they do all week ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 16:24 by Mobbs.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:22
No Botica to help us out this year....

ACTUAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES TRAINING
FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:23
So much for realising we have a problem, looks like we are just continuing where we left off against Exeter. Missed tackles letting Quinns run the game and this is already looking like another stuffing!,,, Embarrassing !,,

Stevie Myler's right boot
Weíre trotting around like itís a training session- whereís the pride and fight?

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
Tom Wood needs to pull his finger out or leave. The back row is doing absolutely nothing. Shocking. Dylan again doing nothing.

Raise your game senior players FFS.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:24
Ditto Burrell

banburyst
banburyst (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:27
three men and a little lady on the other side, might be less painful to watch!

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
Nick Evans has just sat on the sideline and in interview has just told saints exactly where Quinnís are far superior and where saints are failing. If he can do that there why canít the coaching team and the players see it!!!!!

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
Agree about Wood and Burrell, absolute ponies just trotting around completely ineffective. This is such a shower. Gaffney must be running out of space in his notepad already

TimperleySaint
TimperleySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:28
I just can't understand the complete inability to tackle. Our best tackler on the pitch is Groom which is terrible. How many men has Brown slipped off already?

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:31
Burrell just did it again, simply watching as the playerr goes past him......

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
At work, put the score on after 25 mins and saw 24-0...what the hell has happened!

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
50% tackle success (or not) rate. That is absolutely sh*t.

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:32
19 missed tackles inside 28 mins!!!!!! What are they doing during the week?..

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 16:33
It all smells like the players arenít happy until Dorian goes

Thatís what it looks like

StPo
StPo (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:34
Like watching a car crash. Where's the lineout gone? I miss Jim.

Former Hollywood Saint
30 December, 2017 16:34
Didnít realise Harry had left the club too. His Quins shirt is the wrong colour though.

FHS

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 16:35
Sub Hartley at half time and drop him.

Api attitude not good enough. Wood id let go, get Nutley on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 16:36 by HungryLikeTheWolf.

jdusty964
jdusty (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:35
Quins are under no pressure and are playing so.

They are able to pass at will and do not seem to be too worried about being tackled as it seems to happen so rarely that they can run every ball.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:36
Mallinder is having an absolute shocker!!!

The only positive I can find so far is that the restarts have been good. Although we have had plenty of practice with those

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
How many points ahead of London Irish are we...?

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
Another 4 tries. Absolutely disgraceful from the Saints players.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
I wondered what Foden meant by the team being lazy
Clear to see now
No fight at the breakdown
Numerous tackles missed
Players just donít seem interested
Where are the leaders on the pitch?

Stingray66
Stingray66 (IP Logged)
Bonus point in 31 minutes to the team ONE place above us!!!!

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:37
Too many players not fit to wear the shirt. Not even fit enough to lace the boots of the wanderers. Disgusting embarrassing terrible performance. Stick some of these so called test and senior players in the wanderers side or on loan to a championship side where they deserve to be.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
Hartley, Wood, Burrell.......ffs

SuffolkSaint
SuffolkSaint (IP Logged)
I said it when the side was announced - Ludlam is a proper 7, not a 6 who plays 7 - 100% tackle count against Ospreys and the highest tackle count in the team, not a single missed tackle. Yet we drop him from the squad altogether and instead play players out of position who on todayís evidence canít be bothered.

Hope bad can it be playing enthusiastic youngsters? You literally cannot do any worse than we are currently!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 16:39 by SuffolkSaint.

DominicHyde
DominicHyde (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:38
Restarts have been good though!

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:39
think we need to stop picking out individuals for blame.. as a team they have been awful,

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 16:42
No No Walks

Senior international players with big contracts need to SHOW UP

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:42
Gaffney will not be able to sort this shambles on his own. We need more.

30 December, 2017 16:43
Get Nutters on

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:43
They are not a team and that is the problem.... too many individuals resting on past laurels and playing as individuals. All over the place with no management on the pitch!!!!

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:45
yes yes they have all been rubbish.. golden child at full back absolutely dreadful, stepped by a hooker dropped a simple ball, etc, etc. not disagreeing those mentioned havent been awful, but 1-15

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:45
Maybe buy me that pint now eh Pyffy? Anyone......anyone......NOT think we're in a relegation battle?

Stingray66
Stingray66 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:46
Quote:
Get Nutters on
+1
When has he ever let us down?

Themanwho
Themanwho (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:47
Do we have to play the second half?

I thought Iíd seen green shoots against Exeter. Theyíve been decimated this afternoon.

All Iíve seen today is total apathy.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:48
No Walks.....its the same old problems. Lawes, Harrison flogging their guts out....others missing. Took me half an hour to notice Horne and Foden were on the pitch !

Christoff
30 December, 2017 16:49
"Morning all" thread worth a read at half time. Any win puts Wuss level now. The mire is looking very deep.

Fortunately both beaten but Irish got an LBP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 16:50 by smitferbrainz.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:49
Look on the bright side: if we're sitting here typing on this forum then at least we didn't spend £50 or however much it would be on tickets and travel to the game!

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:50
Quote:
Walks11
yes yes they have all been rubbish.. golden child at full back absolutely dreadful, stepped by a hooker dropped a simple ball, etc, etc. not disagreeing those mentioned havent been awful, but 1-15

Ford Robinson, Gibson & Mallinder are the only guys in the starting XV who are not full internationals.. so why single 2 or 3 out

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:52
I canít believe what Iím seeing but I should have expected it with the culture and terrible squad weíve built.

Really sad to watch this. Just no passion or want at all

Think we need snookers
We have no go forward, constantly take the ball static and get pushed backwards.
Thankfully I didnít pay to go and see this in the flesh - really feel for those that did

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
The commentary team - I think it was Dayglo - highlighted Courtney as the only Saints gaining any credit - I also feel Groome is putting himself about ; Mafu has made some good hits
The rest !!
Shocking

banburyst
banburyst (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:54
kind of says it all, the only guy in the dressing room showing any passion is Dowson, where on earth are the senior coaches!

30 December, 2017 16:56
71% tackle success says it all

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 16:57
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
Walks11

Ford Robinson, Gibson & Mallinder are the only guys in the starting XV who are not full internationals.. so why single 2 or 3 out

Because England internationals on good money who have been here for donkeys years bear a larger burden than Fiji international forwards who are probably cheap and been here a year or two. Or an Aussie who came last summer.

And they are both captains of the club.

Thatís why.

They are the heartbeat of the squad. Our senior players.

If you donít understand that they set the tone then Iím afraid we will never agree

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 16:58 by HungryLikeTheWolf.

jdusty964
jdusty (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:59
The current problem is panic. I dont think it is a lack of pride or effort. Too many passes are being shipped at the wrong times, players not tackling because they are worried about slipping off.

Gibson and Lawes are playing well we just need the team to settle down a bit, every man in that team is a good player some of them have been on the steps of greatness but they need to find the belief that we once had.

When our pack fronts up and we are getting good ball then our backs are more than capable of breaking the line and scoring four of our own.

Quins scored 4 in the first half and nilled us, that shows it is possible and we can and should be able to do so.

I will not believe that this team is done until the last game of the season.

As hard as it sometimes is, I am determined to have a positive outlook for the rest of this game and this season.

Something needs to change and I am sure it will sooner rather than later.

Come on Lads lets see some brilliance.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:59
Can only agree with you this time Wolfie !

Looking forward to the Wandies tomorrow and a group of players who play as a team and care for the shirt.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:00
Some Saints rugby players out there stretching the definition of ďprofessionalĒ to the absolute limits. They are a shame on our club today. When you put the GB&G on and donít make the effort to tackle you need dropping.

Christoff
Quote:
banburyst
kind of says it all, the only guy in the dressing room showing any passion is Dowson, where on earth are the senior coaches!

Sounds about right, Dowse has got the defence job. Things would probably improve he we could get him kitted up and out there. Look......Irish lost......that's the thing.....with a bonus point mind but at least they lost. There is a worse team out there. Yep it's true, for the moment anyway.

northampton_lad
northampton_lad (IP Logged)
Quote:
Matthew
Look on the bright side: if we're sitting here typing on this forum then at least we didn't spend £50 or however much it would be on tickets and travel to the game!

I am here, 2nd visit to HQ, 2nd stubbing. This will be my last game this season

Coltnet
Coltnet (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:02
Iím getting so tired of this complete collapse. The whole team need a shake up. Our forwards give zero ball going forwards and there are far too many tackles missed. Some of the players donít even look bothered!

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:03
I do not think that Irish are worse than Saints.....we are flattered by four games in September !

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:05
Irish are 13 points off us. I can see them beating us with 5 points to 0 at the Gardens, but can't really see where the other 8 points they'd need to relegate us would come from.

So time to deviate from the norm with team selections and start dropping the players who aren't performing in favour of some who might.

Let's see if the half-time team talk makes any difference to how we play this half, because we made Quins look like they'd beat the All Blacks in the first 40.

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:07
Tom Wood is shocking. Doesnt deserve to wear our shirt. Sack him off and bring Nutters on

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:08
Quote:
jdusty
The current problem is panic. I dont think it is a lack of pride or effort. Too many passes are being shipped at the wrong times, players not tackling because they are worried about slipping off.
Gibson and Lawes are playing well we just need the team to settle down a bit, every man in that team is a good player some of them have been on the steps of greatness but they need to find the belief that we once had.

When our pack fronts up and we are getting good ball then our backs are more than capable of breaking the line and scoring four of our own.

Quins scored 4 in the first half and nilled us, that shows it is possible and we can and should be able to do so.

I will not believe that this team is done until the last game of the season.

As hard as it sometimes is, I am determined to have a positive outlook for the rest of this game and this season.

Something needs to change and I am sure it will sooner rather than later.

Come on Lads lets see some brilliance.

ĎI see no shipsí :-)

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 17:09
Gaffney and Brussouw will make a big change

We will not be relegated

But god knows why they are replacing West. Madness.

captainscarlet
30 December, 2017 17:09
Total shambles..quins taking the pee...nothing worse than watching your team having the mickey taken out of them.
What a waste of time and money , one of those really awful days supporting YOUR team

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:13
Hooray - at least not getting nilled.

We'll lose the game but there is still time to at least get a point from it for scoring four tries.

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:14
Quote:
northampton_lad
Quote:
Matthew

I am here, 2nd visit to HQ, 2nd stubbing. This will be my last game this season

My sympathies :-(

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

Grubber15
Grubber15 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:15
Embarrassed to be a Saints supporter. How have the Management, Board and Players allowed us to degenerate to this?

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:17
Saints now scoring more than a point a minute. The comeback's on!*

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 17:19
Harrison and Horne are showing the sort of passion the rest have to.

Myler an improvement coming on.

DominicHyde
DominicHyde (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:20
why does it take 45 mins and 30+ points for us to wake up?

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:21
Have we woken up? Seemed pretty sloppy to me for Care's try just.

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

Coltnet
Coltnet (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:23
We have...poor levels of fitness and no desire toíget thereí. You canít coach desire!

DominicHyde
DominicHyde (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:24
Agreed, but at least making some headway attacking

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:25
Some players out there Iíd not miss next season, or the rest of this frankly. Time for Wood, Foden, Burrell Ďaybe even Dylan to be put out to pasture for a bit. Build for future now, Stepho / Hutch, Collins, Ludlam, Heywood all should be starting next week. Those are the guys we need to build the club around going forward.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:25
Will somebody please wipe that smirk off Dave Wards face......oh, and to think that Visser used to play for us !

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:29
How many extra tries has Gibson single-handedly stopped Quins scoring now this afternoon? Three? Four? Five?

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:30
Quote:
Coltnet
We have...poor levels of fitness and no desire toíget thereí. You canít coach desire!

Itís professionalism that. Or lack there of.

DominicHyde
DominicHyde (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:32
youīd have thought that Dowse could motivate them.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:34
Fifty up !

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:37
Quote:
DominicHyde

Not motivation we need. Itís discipline. Discipline to apply yourself to your task. We lack total commitment to the cause. That is what hurts so much.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:37
Quote:
DominicHyde

Maybe you can't polish a turd?

(So we should at least try rolling it in glitter!)

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:39
Three tries for now.

Seven minutes to get a fourth and at least get something from this match.

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net