rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

SaintsAsh
Stop singling out players
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:03
In the Quins thread everyone is singling out players.

This is a 15 man game and 10 of our players are not showing the same levels of aggression as Quins. Dylan said it was not effort, maybe that is true in training, but what is plain and clear for us all to see is that the work rate and aggression seems to step up when we go down 4 tries. Do this from the fuc£in& start, for f"££$%$ sake!!!!

I feel like smashing stuff, just wish the Freaking players would start feeling like smashing stuff. Man the freak up Saints.

Lamont4Saints
Re: Stop singling out players
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:08
I will do what I want.
Wood has been terrible, why not single him out?
T has been brilliant as has Lawes? Cannot not single those out either.

Get off your high horse and stop telling people what to do.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:11
When senior players are falling off tackles and showing no passion or leadership, they get called out.

Saint BB
Saint BB (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:15
It is clear that OUR team is in a terrible place right now. It's gone beyond a run of bad form or a lack of effort. This is when they need our support the most. Can we please stop @#$%& about everyone and everything and get behind the Saints? A request not a demand and not a rebuke. I've never seen us so bereft of confidence.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:18
I will happily single out Lawes and Harrison for trying and Groom and Horne for their tries. On the other hand......

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 17:20
Horne, Gibson, Harrison and Courtney showing the kind of commitment they all have to.... all of the time

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:21
Harry Mallinder ... oh dear !!!

Former Hollywood Saint
30 December, 2017 17:24
To slightly paraphrase Animal Farm:

All players are equally awful, but some are more awful than others.

Does that work?

FHS

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:27
People say “don’t say on here what you wouldn’t to a player’s face”. Well I would tell Foden, Wood, Burrell and others that they have again let us down. I would hope they’d agree.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:28
Plus Dylan and Harry

Harpole Saint
Harpole Saint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:34
Gibson for Prime Minister

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:41
Dayglo has just singled out Mikey Haywood...'achieved more in five minutes than Hartley did in sixty five...'

Themanwho
Themanwho (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:44
We’re all entitled to our opinion SaintAsh. Stop telling folks what to do.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:56
Its poor form to single out players but i don't care anymore, Wood Dylan Api Burrel and Harry were just inadequate. As for Dylan he should be ashamed of his contribution as a player and captain.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:56
TBH, there are so many awful performances at the moment that singling any one out is pointless. They are all dreadful.

Collectively they are operating at about 50% and that is just not good enough. Yes lawes might have a good game but he is also a senior player so why isn’t he taking a stronger leadership role?

We deserve to get relegated and probably need to in order to get rid of the dead wood and build a new team.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:02
Anyone hear flatman before the game? This season dyl is playing as well as he ever has for saints. Id rather believe him than dayglo.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:04
Whether that's the case or not (and based on what I've seen, I'd say not), his leadership for Saints is definitely nowhere near what it has been in the past.

ACTUAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES TRAINING
FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:06
Quote:
BrianB
Anyone hear flatman before the game? This season dyl is playing as well as he ever has for saints. Id rather believe him than dayglo.

Flatman's entitled to his opinion as is anyone else. I think he's totally wrong in this opinion.

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 18:08
Quote:
BrianB

you mean he has actually played a few games?

I don’t think he’s been great or dreadful for us this season but today to miss 5 tackles, jog around the pitch and show no vocal and physical leadership is just not acceptable

And incidentally I would actually listen to an ex England captain, World Cup winner, British Lion over a nice guy prop who’s a decent commentator.

Lawrence is and was a winner.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:11
my point on the other thread was we have 12 full internationals in the starting line up so why single out 2 or 3, they should all be 'leaders' in club rugby. I'm sorry but other than Lawes no-one played well. T had a very quiet first half and upped it 2nd but damage had been done. it seems some players can do no wrong and others get the blame.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:23
Normally I would agree with you St Ash but actually I think they need telling.

Mind you, I think it is telling that its the most senior players that are refusing to put their hands up.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:25
I must take my cap off to Stephen Myler, he came on and did a professional job in the most difficult circumstances.

HungryLikeTheWolf
30 December, 2017 18:28
Agreed. He has a great attitude, I’d keep him as a coach.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:29
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf

That’s a good thought. If we could manage it correctly and not throw him in too deep too soon - assuming he’s willing.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:32
Could we make him defence coach and get Dowse back on the pitch? Please, please?

Stevie Myler's right boot
30 December, 2017 18:34
Quote:
ElySaint
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf

That’s a good thought. If we could manage it correctly and not throw him in too deep too soon - assuming he’s willing.
TBH He would be good to retain in a Charlie Hodgson type role - next season we’ll probably be minus Biggar & Francis for large parts of the season so need someone as well as Grayson

headman
headman (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:16
I'd have Myler and Daisy to help the new coaching set up next year. Both have nous and respect from players, especially the younger ones. I could not believe the interview with Alan Dickens after the match. Not actually stimulating to say the least

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:17
We applaud players when they do well
We pay £65 for shirts with their names on
But make a accurate comment about their play
Disgraceful
The world is getting full of the offended

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:19
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
BrianB

Flatman's entitled to his opinion as is anyone else. I think he's totally wrong in this opinion.

Flatman often talks a lot of nonsense.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:46
Can I single out Gibson please???

Thank you very much for effort and commitment today Jamie, please carry on

Brewster345
Brewster345 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:48
Having travelled to HQ today, I'll single out who the hell I want.
Those people who said we just HAD to keep Dylan are hopefully eating humble pie. Massive money for a player in steep decline who can't tackle or do even the basics of his position right. Let him go to France.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 06:29 by Brewster345.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:11
I kind of agree with some of the calling people out. Yes we’re in more than a rut we look completely destroyed, 6 months ago we were outraged that Dyls wasn’t on the lions tour. Now he’s sh**e.

I’m as frustrated as many. A lot of the lads are low on confidence and even lower on form. This brings a phrase to mind,

Form is temporary class is permanent.

We just need to descover what it is to bring the lads class back through, lift the confidence and then descover there form.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:30
Okay okay, I had a few too many beers. Not the best written thread.

Though I do think it is pointless singling out players, last week it was ABC being singled out, this week XYZ. Apart from Courtney, all of the players have been bad at some point. I do not see how singling out players helps IMO.

Embarrassing though is it not? Live ont telly too.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:23
Hasn't Day said he's not interested in coaching, and do we have any inkling at all that Myler is interested in it?

There ain't no Sanity Clause

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:11
Day is not interested in coaching (well in a professional capcity) and has other plans for when he retires from playing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net