rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Hollywood JK
They should all be in training at 8am tomorrow!
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:46
Simply a disgrace...

How can they wear the shirt. They deserve to get booed at the Gloucester game next week so they know how we feel...

I think it was Alan Gaffney when he was at Saracens had the team in training the next day when they played so badly, I hope he does it with this lot, as most of them are not worthy of the shirt!

Build a new team around Lawes, as for Hartley, happy to see him go...

Harry Mallinder also needs dropping, he’s clearly distracted and not focused with Jim getting the chop..

The players owe the supporters an apology...

tboullem
Re: They should all be in training at 8am tomorrow!
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:56
Lawes, Harrison, Gibson, Groom, Myler, Haywood.....take sunday off, everyone else in at eight.

Groundhog7
Groundhog7 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:56
You know it's bad when your players aren't worthy of a neon green jersey with Tool Station scrawled across it. But anyway, it isn't a happy camp and hasn't been for a long time. Hauling them in at 8am tomorrow is not going to change that.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:00
The beatings will continue until moral improves :-)
If only it was that simple

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:16
Quote:
Groundhog7
You know it's bad when your players aren't worthy of a neon green jersey with Tool Station scrawled across it. But anyway, it isn't a happy camp and hasn't been for a long time. Hauling them in at 8am tomorrow is not going to change that.

Best post of the day so far. Absolutely spot on.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:25
It’s not entirely obvious that they do anything constructive in training anyway. Just go do a few laps and catching practice.

fatrucker
fatrucker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:30
Been a supporter since 1999. Won't be darkening FG's doors again until they get it right. Yes, I expect Saints to be only a top five club as they dont spend enough to get higher. But a bottom two club. FORGET IT!

In any other company the board would get the sack. Pathetic! 10th, Pathetic.

Drop the entrance prices immediately. You need all the help you can get - and you aint getting it from your prissy star players, some of whom prance around with elfin Una at events on a weekly basis. Foden - OUT!

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:39
Someone's really got it in for Foden, haven't they? Digs at his personal life on two threads now.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:04
Ben just had a poor game today. I feel for him because contrary to some assertions he does actually give a toss.

I’d have him at 15, his best position, next week.

Angus67
Angus67 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:08
Well I am back from HQ and that was a disgrace, I am livid, I couldn't care less how it reflects upon them individually, it is the club that counts and that was insulting.

Through the various stages of my previous employment had I performed like that consistently I would have been dragged around the back of a 'sangar' to have attitude correction, sacked, faced disciplinary procedures or put on a formal warning with view to dismissal.

A few weeks ago I e-mailed the club asking if they would consider supporters being able to address the players, The fact they are in theory better at rugby than me is irrelevant, it is entirely a question of attitude. From what I saw today a number of the squad are going through the motions.

There are no signs of improvement, Alan Dickens appears to have been put in his position where he is out of his depth, this may seem harsh, but I really feel that we are at the stage where a ruthless clearcut of players and staff must be considered.

The club should stop pointless media releases e.g. "we are all refreshed from not having trained" Shut the doors to outsiders, get a grip and sort the what from the chaff.

Whilst being driven home by my Quins supporting friend I was wondering how the new boss will deal with this. He has a dilemma.

But hell I would love to be able to speak to the players.

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:08
Agree, I would have Foden at 15, even though he had a poor game...

Stevie Myler's right boot
30 December, 2017 20:15
Personally I think some of the comments on Fodes are harsh - winger at Saints is an impossible position with how we play - we shop it down the line so deep that the defenders are able to simply drift so when it gets to the outside channel there are 2/3 defenders on them.
In the build up on the left wing that resulted in Nutters knock on we had a 3 on 2 and managed to butcher it because we never ‘pinned’ any of the defenders - we are then that slow to the following ruck that defenders have time to get back in position
These are basics you teach kids

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:31
I agree, get off Fodes back. He came to the club as a 10 & was persuaded by Jim to take up the 15 mantle. Really unlucky with knee injuries over the years, but he's never given anything than 100%. He's now been asked to play in yet another position - winger. Bet he didn't moan

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:32
Although he had stated this week he has been lazy .... funny 100% !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net