Same old same old

MESSAGES->author
Re: Reaction
Matthew (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:18
I said we'd won the second half! :-) #thereisnoproblematthesaints

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 19:19 by Matthew.

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:23
I think the line in "When Harry Met Sally" was - "I'll have what she's having"

Well I want some of whatever Alan Dickens is on.

Stevie Myler's right boot
30 December, 2017 19:24
Must have watched a different game to me - I saw too much trotting around as if we had all the time in the world

fatrucker
fatrucker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:32
It was a class A bl**dy shambles. A blinking snail could have crept past Saints defence. Pathetic.

acl saint
acl saint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:33
Then youíre an idiot Dickens, get your coat.
If you think that all gave 110% then you are plain stupid.
A max of 5 tried their hardest today inc laws, gibson, mickey, t, etc.
Donít be a puppet, grow a pair!!!!

Saints065
Saints065 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:41
Same old dross

fatrucker
fatrucker (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:44
Clueless. I bet they didn't listen to Jim, and I bet they don't listen to Allan.

Bunch of losers.

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:00
OmFg......

Just watch the first try that Dave Ward scored. When he passes Burrell, Luther just jogs back towards the posts. He doesn't think, "I'm a back, he's a forward, I can catch him". Harry decides he doesn't want to tackle a forward and offers nothing as the last line of defence.

Too many people are at the Saints, in various capacities, who just don't seem up to it, or don't have the required desire.

Alan Dickens, if that is what you honestly believe then you are deluded and possibly not the right person to be involved in the rebuilding of this side. You'd have had all our backing if you had shown the honesty that a NZ predecessor would have come out with.

How can you say with a straight face that we won the second half (by 2 points)? Who gives a poo when you lose the first half by 31?

Oh and remember..... we conceded 50 points to a side that started the day in 9th place (I think) not a team in good form leading the Premiership.

Corkst
Corkst (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:01
Quote:
Saint.Kenneth
OmFg......
Just watch the first try that Dave Ward scored. When he passes Burrell, Luther just jogs back towards the posts. He doesn't think, "I'm a back, he's a forward, I can catch him". Harry decides he doesn't want to tackle a forward and offers nothing as the last line of defence.

Too many people are at the Saints, in various capacities, who just don't seem up to it, or don't have the required desire.

Alan Dickens, if that is what you honestly believe then you are deluded and possibly not the right person to be involved in the rebuilding of this side. You'd have had all our backing if you had shown the honesty that a NZ predecessor would have come out with.

How can you say with a straight face that we won the second half (by 2 points)? Who gives a poo when you lose the first half by 31?

Oh and remember..... we conceded 50 points to a side that started the day in 9th place (I think) not a team in good form leading the Premiership.

After that first try Burrell should never wear a saints shirt again. Disgraceful.

Brewster345
Brewster345 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:53
Absolutely utter horseshit. At some point, someone might actually criticise the players in management.

monte
Monte (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:23
Quins fan in peace feel really sad to see a proud rugby club like Saints suffering today. Feel for everyone at the Club but you will be back and hope Gaffney gets things moving for you.

Sadsaint
Sadsaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:40
WATChed what I could of the match in Vancouver and read as much of the article allowingg for the number of irrelevant ads popping up. The club and the local press have lived in a parallel world for a season and a half. All the signs of this disintegration weíre showing last season. Correct me if Iím ro go, but when we were last relegated we took SAle and Gloucester to the wire, only losing the lead at the end against two very good teams. Now games are often gone well before half time. Alan Gaffney, please turn the Saints into a good rugby team. No one else has a clue at the moment. Fly home tomorrow and intend to be there next Saturday. Canít believe there wonít be a few tickets left.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:17
Quote:
Monte
Quins fan in peace feel really sad to see a proud rugby club like Saints suffering today. Feel for everyone at the Club but you will be back and hope Gaffney gets things moving for you.
I echo this but from a Warriors point of view.
Believe me I know as a Warriors fan what you are going through.It probably hurts more as bigger things are expected from Saints.
Good luck for rest of season,the Premiership needs a competitive Saints.Some of the best fans in the league especially when you visit Sixways.

edwigg
edwigg (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:41
Allan Dickens is showing his total inexpierience and covering his backside to keep his job.
The only problem is he thinks heís gaining the support of the players by saying these things when really he should be saying they are a laughing stock.

He should also be apologising to he fans for his team preparations.

Is Mr West available for an interview??

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:20
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Monte
I echo this but from a Warriors point of view.
Believe me I know as a Warriors fan what you are going through.It probably hurts more as bigger things are expected from Saints.
Good luck for rest of season,the Premiership needs a competitive Saints.Some of the best fans in the league especially when you visit Sixways.

Top person w4rriorz1980. Please wave at us with a smile as you overtake us on Prem Highway in a few weeks time.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:02
On bbc Mr Dickiens said he couldnít ask for any more from the players.
I think I might have been able to think of something?😇

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:29
I'm not sure what people expect. Just getting rid of Mallinder wasn't going to suddenly make us top 4. There's a legacy in recruitment and coaching that he's left behind that needs to be dealt with and that will take time.
Maybe it means a trip down to the Championship again but hopefully not. Certainly it's time for more ripping off plasters rather than covering with extra layers of tape and hoping for the best.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:36
Ackerman has turned around Gloucester from also-rans to Top 4 in the space of 4 months

Things can improve very quickly.

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:02
Like HLTW said things can be turned around quickly.

But more than anything you know what I expected yesterday...

SOME FIGHT!!!

That is one of the most gutless, unmotivated, disinterested performances I have ever watched in my life!

From kick off we were trotting in to defensive positions like it was a Non contact run through on the training pitch.
You could of found more line speed in a team of snails.

Our hits in contact were just pathetic, I've seen Mini rugby teams hit harder than our players yesterday.

We rolled over like a Puppy and let Quins tickle our belly!!!

Nice guys don't get medals for loosing, the horrible win at all costs guys get the medals round there necks.

Minus Courts, Gibo and T in the pack.
And maybe Horne in the backs.

Until we find some grit, nastiness and fight in our team we will keep free falling down this League.

Implement whatever game plan, whatever change of tactics, whatever skills you want in too this team.
But until they are willing to match the oppositions fight and scrap for every yard in defence and attack it will make no differnce at all.

Yesterday wasn't the coaches fault, it was a group of players that had lost that game before they even stepped on to the pitch.

Good like Gaffney.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 11:03 by Nath-coys.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:16
You would have thought that with what is basically a new head coach coming in the players would want to impress, it looked like the opposite yesterday.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 20:23
Why would they want to impress a man who they know is leaving at the end of the season ?

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 20:48
Quote:
tedge
Why would they want to impress a man who they know is leaving at the end of the season ?

A number of players will be out of contract at the end of the season and his recommendation to the board as to who they should keep and who to release will bear some weight, plus who knows, if the right candidate is not available at the end of the season and he steadies the ship in the interim he may stay longer.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 09:36
Quote:
Brackleysaint
Quote:
tedge

A number of players will be out of contract at the end of the season and his recommendation to the board as to who they should keep and who to release will bear some weight, plus who knows, if the right candidate is not available at the end of the season and he steadies the ship in the interim he may stay longer.

Very possible

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net