rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Awaywin
Time Wasting
Awaywin (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:50
Not them but us!

Anybody know why Myler took so long with the 3rd conversion attempt? Couldn't just be for personal glory. Wasted the best part of a minute when we could have been chasing a 4th try.

Any thoughts?

Walks11
Re: Time Wasting
Walks11 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:57
I thought the same.. the fact we were in with a shout of a 4th try BP escaped the commentators too

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:12
Simple, that’s Saints all over, no urgency. Look at Quinns, Sarries and Wasps, they play with speed.

Our whole game and style of play is slow, that’s down to Jim Mallinder, and will take a long time to change with new players and culture.... (Sm138)

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:23
I see your point and I am sure that if the conversion had been in front of the posts it would have been taken more quickly. As it happens it was almost from the touchline and Smyler went through his normal routine. Perhaps, the forty five seconds between the touchdown and the kick allowed the team to draw breath for the last five minutes ?

MESSAGES->author
Saint Dom (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:25
Well said, Mobbs.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/99/99_0_1202835632.jpg
*I could agree with you - but then we'd both be wrong...*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net