rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Nath-coys
First question for the New Dor for the rest of the season??
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:05
WHO WANTS TO PLAY FOR SAINTS???

What I saw today was nothing short of embarrassing!!

These are paid profressionals, I know what they do is hard!
But they are paid well for it and are privileged too wear the jersey of Saints!
I don't expect trophies, I don't expect consistent success, I do expect a team of profressional rugby players that will put it all on the line every week for the badge they are wearing!

If every player can look me in the eye and say they gave it all, I would reply liar!

Sad sad times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 21:20 by Nath-coys.

TringSaint
Re: First question for the New Dor for the rest of the season??
TringSaint (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:17
+1

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 07:15
How do you take your coffee?

MESSAGES->author
GazzaTheDonkey (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:12
You know what, the word that came to mind watching our players yesterday was not 'lazy' or 'slackers' or even 'useless' but 'bewildered'.

While I am sure many will tell me I'm wrong I didn't see a group that couldn't give a @#$%& but a group that wanted to play, tried to play, but it was all just falling apart around them - again and again and again.

How to fix it? No idea, but then I'm no rugby coach. Perhaps one radical suggestion - stop all other training and spend a week just on defence, can't make things worse.

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:23
I see your point Gazza.

But there was no fight, no desire! They were so so slow, they were getting in too position in the first 5 minutes like they had already played 80.

Confidence is obviously so low, but they could of still played hard hard rugby for 80 minutes.
That doesn't take skill or a game plan, all it takes is an inner desire to push yourself to the limit for 80 minutes and make the other team work for everything they get.

Big daddy 3
Big daddy 3 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:22
Very well put I thought the same
What goes on in training surely the coaching staff analyse the opposition and then coach the team accordingly?? They obviously did their homework . Plan A : just run with the ball nobody will tackle you.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:01
I have to agree, after we lose four tries we up the intensity to try and claw our way back. Start with that intensity for flip sake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net