rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

SaintsAsh
Wandies players in prem
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:07
I mentioned this before and most seemed to disagree.

But I still cannot help thinking that the wandies would have done better yesterday.

They are not suffering the confidence issues that the others are and you could throw the hard working "starters" in like Gibo, Haywood, Lawes.

Nath-coys
Re: Wandies players in prem
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:15
You know what SaintAsh, I did disagree with you mate.
I was and still kinda am of the belief that the senior players have dug the hole, they should climb there way out.

But in all honesty I don't know if they can.
Yesterday I saw a group of players that were afraid, down, and like I said in another thread, they were beaten in there head before a tackle, pas or kick had even been made.

So I hold my hands up and say I now probably agree with you.

We need some fresh impetus and I think it now has too come from the Wandies.

I wouldn't pick the really young kids. But the likes of from today:

Nutley
Ludlam
Eadie
Ribbans
Stephenson
NAFI
Beesley
Painter

All can not be far away from a shot at the 1st team.
Hopefully they have the hunger to give the 1st team a push in the right direction.

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:56
You'll kill them, stone dead.
Look at Harry.
Look at Harry.
Look at Harry.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:58
They need to be gradually and increasingly exposed. You can’t just whack them in.... their bodies will be broken by the time they’re 30

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:00
Robby totally get what your saying.

But we are killing our Senior players and I think some of them already are stone dead.

Didn't say the real young lads, like strachan and Dingwall that would be ridiculous.

But some of the players above have to start being worked in too the team, or they will just sit in the Wandies till they are 26/27 and be a waste.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:03
Managed exposure is needed for some, I agree - particularly front row players.

Others have plenty of experience already and could drop in for weekends already - Stepho, Nutley, Eadie for example.
What’s needed is a change in mentality from the coaches so as to givecthese guys gametime, pick them on form and have the minerals to drop underperforming senior players that won’t be here long term.

Warren Buffett - “Take calculated risks. If you win you will be happy. If you lose you will be wiser”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 16:06 by ElySaint.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:29
I would only advocate the ones that are ready.

I think most of today Wandies team are ready physically and mentally, in fact many have played in the prem.

15 Tom Emery
14 Ken Pisi - Prem
13 Nafi Tuitavake - Prem
12 Tom Stephenson - Prem
11 Juan Pablo Estelles - Prem
10 James Grayson - Prem
9 Alex Mitchell
1 Matt Beesley
2 Reece Marshall - Prem
3 Ehren Painter
4 Christian Day - Prem
5 David Ribbans - Prem
6 Ben Nutley - Prem
7 Lewis Ludlam - Prem
8 Mitch Eadie -Prem

At least 11 of the 15 have played in the prem, and as I said you can include the experienced players that are working hard to cover the rest.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:38
To me that highlights how the salary cap has been mismanaged. No other Prem second string has as many internationals on show as the Wandies have had in the last 12 months.

Who knows if this ‘too broad’ spread of the cap has slowed down development of players from academy to Wandies because it’s full of caps. Dusty Hare might have a notion on that front. Apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 16:50 by ElySaint.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:43
Spot on Ely

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:18
Actually Exeter and Newcastle have similar depth to ourselves but it's still a valid point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net