rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Luis Ghaut
lilyg (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 20:24
Hopefully, some of you will remember young Luis Ghaut who was Saints mascot the day we won the premiership. Sadly, Luis lost his battle with Osteosarcoma just four months later. He was 13.

Luis' dad Lee is one of my train buddies (London commuters) and has asked me to let you lovely lot know that his wife Jo is running the London Marathon, this year, in aid of the sarcoma charity. They also have the bucket shake this Saturday, so if you have any spare change down the back of the settee, it will be very gratefully received.

If you would like to sponsor Jo, here's her just giving page:Jo's running in memory of Luis

Thank you from all the Ghaut family and friends

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 11:57 by Saint Ted.

banburyst
Re: Luis Ghaut
banburyst (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:22
Thanks for passing this on.

I remember following this remarkable young mans story with interest and sadness and I for one will be glad to put cash in the bucket.

I have often wondered if Luis influence on the team was the reason for our success in 2014 by giving the guys that inspiration to give that little bit extra when it mattered.

HungryLikeTheWolf
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:38
Nothing but admiration for the parents. I hope Saints men and women support them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 21:38 by HungryLikeTheWolf.

MESSAGES->author
desbralass (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:24
I remember meeting Luis..a lovely young man and if I felt so inspired by him in just a few moments,I can imagine our team would have as well.

Good luck Jo for the Marathon.

Bridesmaids no more.

GOD
Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 11:16
I too followed this inspirational young man who lived his far too short life to the full. I was both moved and very proud he was our mascot on that day and pleased to be able to applaud him onto the pitch at Twickers a true Saintsman. Gets my support GO JO!

MESSAGES->author
lilyg (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 07:45
Just had a note from Lee to say a massive thank you to everyone who donated on Saturday. A fantastic 1716 was raised from the bucket shake.

Lee - I'm sure you're very proud of what Jo's achieved and what she will achieve. I'm also very sure that everyone on here will be willing her on and definitly wishes her all the very best of luck for the London Marathon and all her future marathons!

If you find any more pound coins down the side of the sofa, here's Jo's Just Giving Page

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2018 07:55 by lilyg.

MESSAGES->author
lilyg (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 10:21
Just a quick side tangent update - Luis' sister Georgia is going to be the mascot at the England v Wales game (dad's very excited!) - good luck Georgia, Luis will be very proud of you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net