rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

twsaint
After Solomons was sacked
twsaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:41
Back in 2004-5 Solomons was sacked afer a wretched defeat at home to Worcester, we lost the next week and then the mighty Toulouse rolled into town. They won the HC that year, but on that day at the Gardens we did 'em. Same again please.

Dragonboy
Re: After Solomons was sacked
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:05
I remember it well. As Max Boyce once said "I was there" I also remember the Woos game where one of the Saints passed to Robbie Kempson who promptly threw it away to the ground in an I don't want to play moment. An ingnominious end to a eminently forgettable episode

Maverick1
Phil. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:00
Not so much "threw it to the ground" as more couldn't be ar@ed to catch it, as I recall (happy to be corrected).

Still the most shameful act by a player I've ever seen in my 30+ years of attending FG...

[

"It's not the despair, Saints, I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:08
The only thing Robbie Kempson was good at was eating pies.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:40
Actually, Kempson came to us with a fearsome reputation as a scrummager but the fact that he very quickly turned rogue when the dressing room civil war broke out showed him up to be the furthest thing from a Saintsman one could possibly be.

At least Corne Krige kept trying.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:40
He was great before he came and he didn't play afterwards. I suspect he played when injured and was in agony when that incident happened. It certainly looked dreadful.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:19
Corne Krige probably the last proper open side we had.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:23
I'd forgotten that the Toulouse win happened at that point, really quite significant at the time.
That was when Michalak spoke of the "cathedral of silence" at the Gardens. They tried it in Tolouse the following week and it lasted about 1 kick. It was a splendid long weekend away though, eating Tartiflette in the city square on the Monday, in a t-shirt - in December, after the weekend had been absolutely freezing.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

Mark H
Mark H (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:41
It was also the day that some idiot proposed over the tannoy at half time. Whatever happened to them?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net