rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Bob Fossil
Meanwhile up the road in Licefestershire....
. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:20
https://i.redditmedia.com/Uyghy-ggrYfHl1h0TtsVN0NIQxJy1hGGgOwlYy4RO-M.jpg?w=960&s=aafc6aa6fbf2683586bc7163d19c92bd

Remember December of last season when BBC 'journalist' Chris Jones claimed out of thin air that we should be investigated for fielding a weakened side against Leinster?

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I await a similar article about the Tigers with baited breath...

fair_weather_fan
Re: Meanwhile up the road in Licefestershire....
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:28
With Tom Brady playing 14 ESPN might be interested too

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:31
Absolute disgrace, immediate investigation, devaluing tournament blah blah bore off Jones

ajack
ajack (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:04
Wow they must have a lot of injuries.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:21
Just read that article. Nowhere does Jones suggest we should have been investigated. He reported that we 'may face' investigation but does not support any motion to do so. Frankly odd accusation in my opinion.

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:59
Short memory Ely Saint?
Click on the link about George North's head injury, the bloke was out for blood. Tabloid stuff, crass in the extreme.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:15
Nope. I read your post and read the article you linked to and found that what you think Jones might have said, well, he didn't say it.

Your OP didn't mention GN's head injury at all so I cannot have been replying to that - neither was there a post to the article you mention. Informal fallacy, or straw man.

If you can point me to the exact passage where Jones fabricates (as you suggest) that we should be investigated, then fine. You won't find it though. Someone got an axe to grind?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 18:19 by ElySaint.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:17
I think the point is that the story about us being potentially in trouble came from just one place.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:26
He was trying to premeditate action.

HungryLikeTheWolf
12 January, 2018 19:09
Thanks for posting this information Robby. The way Jones wrote about North head injury and the week before suggesting we may have to face an investigation did suggest a near-term vendetta.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:23
A vendetta? Good lord. I'd be very surprised if Jones set out to write and publish work in an attempt to damage Saints in some way. Paranoia comes to mind.

HungryLikeTheWolf
12 January, 2018 21:29
"The decision not to sanction Northampton will inevitably be met by widespread scepticism, especially as it is accepted that the club didn't manage the incident properly....

in the same week as suggesting we may be punished for fielding a weak side

My view is different to yours. That is all. No one is paranoid, there is no wailing to the Lord. Neither is right or wrong.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 06:53
It's certainly my view that Jones goes in for a sensationalist approach and the Saints were very much in his sights on these two issues.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:37
The Saints articles were not the only example on BBC sport of material being mistreated. Its happening in cycling too. I tink some of the correspondents are looking for a job on the Mail

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:19
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
"The decision not to sanction Northampton will inevitably be met by widespread scepticism, especially as it is accepted that the club didn't manage the incident properly...."

And... What did he say about the Clermont v Saints incident with Parra returning to the pitch after a HIA when the ref had stated he was knocked out?

Sans Culottes
Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:08
Quote:
MarchingIn
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
"The decision not to sanction Northampton will inevitably be met by widespread scepticism, especially as it is accepted that the club didn't manage the incident properly...."

And... What did he say about the Clermont v Saints incident with Parra returning to the pitch after a HIA when the ref had stated he was knocked out?

Not sure Marching. What did he say?

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:07
Quote:
Sans Culottes
Quote:
MarchingIn
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf

Not sure Marching. What did he say?

I don't know that's why I asked?

If he made a great song & dance about GN you'd at least hope he was consistent?

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:30
Warm up game for the Anglo/Welsh cup side................(Sm100)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net