rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

herbie85
Saints v Clermont
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:34
Very poor start, the brothers need to tackle or this could be a long afternoon. Interesting stat on sky, we have the worst scrummage in the comp, winning 68% of our own ball. I'm guessing that's allowing the oppo 100% of their own. Some nice hands in that nice move though

herbie85
Re: Saints v Clermont
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:37
Lovely score. Nice phases and good hands.

Saints065
Saints065 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:43
Forward pass for their 2nd try

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:45
George Clancy is one of the worst refs. He's simply clueless. I doubt he will end up having a major bearing on the game but he's just inept

StPo
StPo (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:47
Why didn't he check it? Why??

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:50
Chancy knows better than a TMO ever could

Saints065
Saints065 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:59
What a try

Stevie Myler's right boot
13 January, 2018 18:11
Forward passes for both of their tries Clancy is abject and never in control of any games he refs

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:13
Look on the bright side - he's not Ben Whitehouse! Pass for second try definitely forward - it was in line with my seat.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:14
Good competitive half, which I think is all we could ask for

StPo
StPo (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:19
It's been good to watch from the terrace - plenty of heart. Nafi's try a real treat.

Saints065
Saints065 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:27
Best thing Foden has done all season!!

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:28
Great score by foden there

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:35
Think you are being harsh Herbie I think he has played reasonably well all things considered

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 18:39 by Walks11.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:40
Quote:
Walks11
Think you are being harsh Herbie I think he has played reasonably well all things considered

Clancy? Haven't mentioned anyone else personally, other than to say fodens was a great score!

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:54
Don't care about the final result to be honest, Saints have been really good for me tonight. 27-21 so far. Saints playing well and getting better.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:55
Yep chuffed to bits with the performance, even if we go on to lose by a few now

Christoff
13 January, 2018 19:04
Great performance. Guts by the bucketload and great attacking rugby. Well played Saints 5 tries!

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:07
Quote:
herbie85
Quote:
Walks11

Clancy? Haven't mentioned anyone else personally, other than to say fodens was a great score!

Apologies Herbie.. Saints065 it should have been replying to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 19:08 by Walks11.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:10
Awesome performance so far. Dare I say that Harry at 10 is a revelation!! He was there when we went too if the table early on and in the last 2 games has helped the team orchestrate 8 tries!

Well done lads.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:12
Wow just wow.. still far from perfect, but niggly hard to score against, fronting up.. loved it

Hope Brookes gets a bit of a decent mention in dispatches from the haters. Hes not been great but put a good shift in tonight

Christoff
13 January, 2018 19:13
Brookes is not hated. He's been a penalty machine and he's not been playing well. He was very good tonight.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:13
I honestly didn't see that coming - hoped we'd give a good account but BP win, 5 tries?

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:14
Quote:
Walks11
Wow just wow.. still far from perfect, but niggly hard to score against, fronting up.. loved it
Hope Brookes gets a bit of a decent mention in dispatches from the haters. Hes not been great but put a good shift in tonight

I was just going to say "Well done" but you're right about Brookes. Really good shift from him. As well as the others!

Christoff
13 January, 2018 19:15
Brookes answered his critics well tonight.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:17
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Brookes is not hated. He's been a penalty machine and he's not been playing well. He was very good tonight.

You have obviously not read previous posts. Some were wishing him out of the Gardens at the end of the season when his contract is up

Christoff
13 January, 2018 19:19
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
smitferbrainz

You have obviously not read previous posts. Some were wishing him out of the Gardens at the end of the season when his contract is up

I read most posts. It comes down to the word hate again. Many have been fiercely critical. He showed what a good player he can be tonight. That's what he needs to keep doing. Well done to him.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:33
Very happy with my prediction that we would win.

A famous win for the Saints in Europe and our best home European performance for many a season. Well chuffed with that well done Saints.

Hard to pick an individual out when all put in a cracking performance. For me though Lawes Foden Day Stephenson Tuitavake and Api stood out.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:36
The improvement from last week was significant with very few obvious errors. We competed and disrupted their lineout, made yards with the ball and competed properly at the breakdown as well. Few tackles were truly missed, given that its hard to stop a beast when they take a flat ball at speed.

Talk about turing a corner.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:58
It's great to be smiling watching Saints play.

Link to Sky's highlights of the game

It looked like one obvious forward pass followed immediately by another less obvious forward pass.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:36
Definitely a couple of forward passes there!

Christoff
13 January, 2018 22:28
During commentary Andy Goode described the "obvious" forward pass as being a yard forward. At the end of the game during discussion he described it as 3 yards forward. That win tonight could have been 40+ to 14. If's I know but were that try disallowed as it should have been and we had landed our kicks we'd have thumped Clermont.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 13:29
Brilliant. Daisy always makes a difference, all the forwards looking to him at line out time. Dyls smiling at the end, got to be good.Stevo my man of the match, commitment, desire, skill, aggression.T gives it all every game. Brookes didn't give away as many penalties as he usually does, but why he stands against a ruck with his hand in the air I have no idea.He needs to get fit and get more involved. Crowd were great again.Can't agree with some that Fodes has earned another contract, and he is a hero of mine.
There must be a reason that every scrum half we have has to coach from the base by telling players where to stand to protect him when he kicks. There must be a call or hand signal to make this quicker.
Dare we think a corner has been turned?
COYS!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net