rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

HungryLikeTheWolf
Singling out players again.... apologies
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:20
Brilliant from the senior players. Dylan, Daisy, Fodes all leading by example today.

Also special word to the props who managed to negate the scrum as a deciding factor in the game.

More of this please.

Christoff
Re: Singling out players again.... apologies
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:25
Total team performance I thought. Thought the whole 23 were outstanding. This was Saints of old. Been waiting a long time to see this Saints team. Can we see more of it this season please. If we play like we did today we'll win more than we lose. They played with passion and pride in the shirt. Brilliant to see.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:30
I don't think people should be criticised for singling them out previously, because today shows they clearly do have more to offer than we have been seeing. Pessimist or optimist this is what we want to see from them & both parties can be equally happy today! Ben looked like he'd wound time back 4 years. Brilliant & exactly what we need as a team. Forwards worked hard, Api could be the next Soane T If he keeps progressing as he is. Great to see the team playing like this & smiles on the faces at the end.

This is what we've been waiting for for years!

Bernie's Dad
Bernie's Dad (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:39
The bench did sterling work today too... particularly good to see Nafi rampaging down the wing to score on arriving! Brilliant from all 23.

CíMON YOU SAINTS!

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:40
Very good to hear the front row held their own after the doom & gloom about us conceding penty after penalty.
Hopefully Brookes is going to have a positive few weeks and months.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

HungryLikeTheWolf
13 January, 2018 20:49
Robby and others will provide greater detail but Salesi was clearly deliberately scrummaging very low. Ok he was pinged 2 or 3 times but it was a valiant effort against the worlds best

Sans Culottes
Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:00
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Robby and others will provide greater detail but Salesi was clearly deliberately scrummaging very low. Ok he was pinged 2 or 3 times but it was a valiant effort against the worlds best

Was it not his brother Campesi? Salesi was the one with the hook punch 😎

HungryLikeTheWolf
13 January, 2018 21:07
haha indeed

protestbeat
protestbeat (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:08
I thought Tom Stevenson was great today. He looks like he can make things happen for us. lovely step, lovely pass and looks fully commited in defence. I particularly enjoyed us using him as a first reciever, mixing it up with Harry, who himself, bar a few bad kicks, had a very good game at 10.

MESSAGES->author
St_Bart (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:27
Tom was a revelation especially in defence. Put in one hit on McAllister to hold him up and stifle what looked like a certain break for the line. Api developing nicely too. Brilliant Clermont supporters too - joining in with wendies after final whistle and conga in the rodbar.

ajack
ajack (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:58
It only really proves what many already knew games are not won at lost at the scrum.

HungryLikeTheWolf
13 January, 2018 22:04
Who said games were won in the scrum?

If you get hammered in the scrum, winning is less likely.

Today we competed fantastically and negated one of their main strengths. If they swamped in the scrum I suspect we may have lost.

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:06
Day I thought was inspirational in there today. Red scrum cap keep appearing in everything and winning our line outs takes a lot of the pressure of us especially when in our own half.
Young Mallinder probably had one of his best games this season imo at 10 today and itís no coincidence that we have had better results with him at 10 than some of the other positions. Only makes it worse in some ways that heís not decided yet which permanent position he should be in all season.

8500 only at the match today.. obviously some decided it was a nothing game and decided to stay away, ah well you missed a cracker.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 23:46
Mrs T and I were borderline attenders - very tempted to stay in the warm and watch on tv but in the end decided to turn out and despite the low attendance the atmosphere was electric. More performances like this should bring the crowds back.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 07:29
The difference was that against Clermont the whole team played well, rather than just on or two smiling smiley

Stevie Myler's right boot
14 January, 2018 07:52
I donít think there need to be apologies as the criticisms were based on the performances at the time - we all knew what they were capable of which was shown last night.
We have a good record at the Allianz - stopping Sarrires getting out of the group after the humblings we have received would be a fantastic statement that we are back
There are still 45 points up for grabs in the Prem letís see how many of them we can get and where we end up at the end - play like last night and we can make top 4

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:30
I know the team say they aiming for top 4, for me qualification to euro is the important thing, I think thereís 2 spots open for top 4, it may be a step to far... but never say no!

What I loved bout the game... you could see Dylan giving leadership, Brookes wants to be there, came into the ball at pace a few times, hit rucks hard, Wood N T both showing why they have been Internationals, Daisy doing what Daisy does, Api carrying the ball hard, Courts is just Courts.. Both 9s made an impact, Harry great game, I love the center paring, Ben turned back the years, Pisi took his one chance, Nafi came on n did the business

Errr actually they all put it out there for the team and club! I thought last week against Gloucester was a good feeling!

Ady32
Ady32 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:53
For me Api had his best game for us EVER

HungryLikeTheWolf
14 January, 2018 11:14
Quote:
SaintsAsh
The difference was that against Clermont the whole team played well, rather than just on or two smiling smiley

ok great I have your blessing to single out players as long as itís complimentary.... thank you for clarifying

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:36
That is not what I said, and you can do/say what you want.

If the whole team is playing badly and we blame a specific player then I'll highlight the error.

If one player has a bad/good game and we look at that and do not blame it for a good/poor performance then IMHO there is no error, so no need to comment.

IMHO.

HungryLikeTheWolf
14 January, 2018 11:51
Ash we are gonna need a bigger boat

Rinkadink
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:04
As a Bristol fan who didn't see the game, how did Mitch Eadie and Jamal Ford-Robinson get on?

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:35
Tough to say - neither featured until the 78th minute.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:38
Quote:
Rinkadink
As a Bristol fan who didn't see the game, how did Mitch Eadie and Jamal Ford-Robinson get on?

Ford-Robinson had only 5 minutes off the bench and Eadie had 2 mins so not enough to judge them on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net