rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Aiden Blake
Nafi vs clermont
Aiden Blake (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:06
IMO nafi went he was on played very well and I do wonder why if he will get the nod next week he just seemed to get somewhere every time he got the ball . He was just loving it out there and the teams morale along with his seemed very good , also enjoyed Nafis dancing and singing to the chants

Lamont4Saints
Re: Nafi vs clermont
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:39
HAving not seen the game did I read he cone on, on the wing?

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:41
Tuala went off quite early for a HIA and Tuitavaki played in Foden's place when he went to FB. He is a strong, elusive player and can play wing or centre.

Former Hollywood Saint
14 January, 2018 10:11
Ace tweeted yesterday confirming it was a knock to the head. If you see the bump he took trying to tackle Toeava for their second try I think thats what did it. Ace also said he is fine, so don't know if that means he'll hope to come back next week or what.

Personally, I think he deserves a week off next week, and Nafi deserves a start after that performance.

FHS

LaurieK
LaurieK (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:29
Ace had the physio on twice before their second try from memory. His tackling generally is not good enough for a fullback and Ben showed where he should be playing from now on. More involved from FB.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:34
Ace will have to go through the protocols . We won't know until near the end of the week if he makes it.

A lot of players are standing up now. On another thread the question is asked about players out of contract. I don't really want to list those I think I know are out of contract. . These guys are playing for their futures. However if we want to sign some new players in key positions for next year, some current players are going to be unlucky. It's tricky.Jim was criticised for not taking the hard decisions.there are more hard decisions to come.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:43
Contract renewal or not - a difficult and awkward process for all. If we are talking about "average" squad players who are not regularly first choice but never let the team down there is quite a gamble in replacing them with an unknown quantity and at possibly a higher salary - better the devil you know.... The other obvious category are those who have been top players, possibly internationals, who approach their rugby twilight years and perhaps become more and more susceptible to injury with lengthened recovery times. Finding replacements of equivalent or potential quality will generally push the salary cap limit, so I can see why a DoR would be conservative. It's an awkward business.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:11
Nafi played really well, be good to see him start next week. With regards to contracts, we may be able to retain a few whilst still recruiting in key areas. As long as some common sense is applied by players & management. It'd be nice to keep players like Wood & Foden in the team with their experience. But the contacts should be for less money than we signed them on previous contracts whilst they were current internationals in their prime. It's the only way to keep them and still recruit for the future. Cap management, something Jim struggled with in the end.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:16
Navi and Api both had their best games yesterday for saints imo since joining. Both played rather well though I canít see past them both being squad players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net